It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The point?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Is there? To every action there is a reaction, to every cause an effect. Two statements that are grounded in truth but why? What's the point?

To the armchair warriors who come here everyday and indulge in the battle of wits, what's the point?

To the overly religious who wants to convert the Atheists and so forth, I ask the same~

To the scientific community, dito.

This list goes on as one would imagine and yet all the responses will differ. Is one greater than the next? For one who has less education than the next or vice versa, is one greater? Does one have more knowledge than a individual who is less educated? To the extent of "The point"? Is there one?

Perspective is good word to look at "a point" but still where is "the point", is this something that brings all responders and threaders here on ATS? Is the point something we are all seeking, and have "some clue" but at the same time "no clue" at all?

So we gather, squable, some more eloquently than others, some grammar nazi's come after due to lack of "grammar/intelligence/education"? I ask what's the point? Where does ignorrance end and acceptence begin? To impose one's POV on anyone as fact, is it not only a single individual's perspective on life and where life took one individual. At times... Well most times that perspective is trite and doesn't bring anything new to the table just a regurgitated concept or persepective that still doesn't go past ones own view. So what's the point?

Truth and fact is there a point? Are they not individually singular that all come to one point? Would it be wiser to say there are Multiple Truths and Facts, so that there is not just "a point" but a plethora therein? Is that not the experiance life gives each of us, not singular but plural?

Is this not what makes ATS a great place to come and talk? I would postulate so and at other times not.

What is the point to this thread? Is there one? Is it hidden inside the body of this? Perspective would differ with yes and no. A yin and yang response with none the greater? Then what is the point?

What is the point we are looking for? What is the point "you" are looking for?

All walks of life, all perspectives, everything we know as this world entails, what preytell is "the point"?

I leave it open for interpretation and I look forward to hearing different perspectives.

Best regards, from a seeker who for how much I know and experiance in life leaves me with more questions and the feeling that I don't know anything at all.

By the way it's fetching cold in Chicago today.... -15 with a windchill that makes it feel -31.... The point of that.... Gosh darn it's cold!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"A point in every direction is like no point at all...'

-The Leaf Man

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Great point! It would still have a meaning thought would it not? If not what's this life for? Just a giant cosmic coincidence with no point?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The point is finding a way to express myself.

The reward is knowing that every so often a post I wrote touched someone's life.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I believe that my 'point' is to do whatever I can to help people realize that this world, and all it's trappings are designed to separate, segregate, differentiate, and divide us.

I hope to be able to cause people to know that all the little things that we are in competition over, fashion, finance, football, religion, sex, politics... All put in place to make sure that we cannot act together of a race of people whom, in spite of all these artificial differences, are essentially the same.

What few real differences we do have should be celebrated, not end up causes for hatred and ridicule.

But in this world, we are taught from a very young age to see the differences and fear them, not love them.

Flip the script.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Beautifully stated Ros! Beatifully stated!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

This list goes on as one would imagine and yet all the responses will differ. Is one greater than the next? For one who has less education than the next or vice versa, is one greater? Does one have more knowledge than a individual who is less educated? To the extent of "The point"? Is there one?

The question is does an educated man have more knowledge than a man who is less educated?

I didn't pay for a degree from a college or university but I feel educated.

I don't feel greater than any other person. Everybody has a right to their opinion some don't present their opinion as well as others but that doesn't make their opinion any less important.

The point is people want to be heard. That's my take on the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Your point is your own. YOU can decide what your point is. Mine is primarily art... music and writing.

The point of the universe is differentiation. Clearly. It is no wonder to me why we war, why we bicker about politics and religion. It is natural, but it is not the natural state. Silence and lack of motion is the natural state of the universe, and that as it happens, would be nothing. Only then would there be no point.

But that's no fun.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

What a profound response! Beautiful and eloquent a response where I as well strive to accomplish, a courageous Quest of a lifetime that few see past and fewer are willing to undertake.

I applaud you!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

Outstanding! Great response! One of many points that like a tree has a multitude of branches attached.

You don't have to be educated to have knowledge or even be "smart".

As another threader responded, the world we live seperates and segregates us into thinking this is true when in essence it's only a fabrication of the mind that keeps everyone apart.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The point? Understanding and maybe a hint of common ground. You can't find it if you don't talk to each other.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Silence and lack of motion is the natural state of the universe, and that as it happens, would be nothing. Only then would there be no point.

A wise woman once told me: When you are not in motion you are dead and when you start to move your in life, what I stated mimics what you stated.

A universal/cosmic truth? That this universe and cosmos we live is only trying to understand itself through conciousness that is in motion?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Absolutely Kestuko! There is common ground under all our feet, and all our lives, if not just a story expressed through another's life, seperated by individuality?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Motion/vibration, tomato/tomato.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Indeed! Motion/Vibration the frequencies of life! They dance so elquently at times and at other's have the chaotic dance of an unbalanced scale trying to find perfect balance.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

sulaw
reply to post by justreleased

You don't have to be educated to have knowledge or even be "smart".

Being educated, in a lot of ways, means being less smart. Education creates a condition in one that allows them to presume that they 'know' things. In our education system, what it really means is that one has created a box around their minds, stiffened it, made it less malleable and adaptable. This is the purpose of the education system.

When I engage in conversations regarding the hard sciences, I see it all the time. General and Relativity has become a 'be all, end all' of science. Einstein knew it was incomplete, he told us. Yet when I argue points against relativity, or rather what's missing from it, I receive much ridicule and contempt.

Relativity is a box that has been built for a purpose. No one looks past it or questions it, especially in the scientific community, who has built careers and lives on it. They don't want that taken away.

Is it any wonder to anyone why Tesla sat on a bench in the park and fed pigeons for the last 20 years of his life after relativity was published? Did he stop because all the questions were answered by Einstein? No, I'm afraid he was shut down, his knowledge and experience confiscated and hidden away for a day when those who now own it can keep it for themselves and not share it with the rest of the 'lesser humans.'

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I'll poke my nose in if you don't mind.

The problem is currently universities hand out diplomas not to the most intelligent but to the wealthiest.

Not always but if you have enough money you can buy the diploma.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is no point. The idea that there is one is a distraction. We spend all this time wondering and thinking what is the point when we should be living, loving and experiencing.
You can never know what the point is.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

This is accurate. It depends on your definition of 'point.' Very subjective.

It's good to have goals, but what's the point? You choose.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I would agree whole heartedly, I am not what you would say "highly educated" individual, I am tending school to be an Engineer, but do not postulate as a smart person. I was never a school kid, actually quite the opposite, I was one to experiance and see how something works than to read.

All the same the first 30 years of my life was filled with Metaphysics as my mother is a highly spiritual individual, I was taught to use, feel and follow my heart prior to taking action. It's only now that at the age of 31 I am utilizing all the skills I aquired through the decades and making a life choice of what I want to do. A culmination of experiances to define my life through all facets and be the best I can.

I'm on a philosphy binge today for a reason unknown, I feel like each and every individual is a philosopher of there life. No matter the branch(s) they cling to, perception tends to stand out the most. It's when perceptions meet will they clash or will both individual pereceptions combine to create something new, a perception greater than what 1 individual brings, and even if only 1 perception changes to evolve into something better, is not better this way?

Was it not only time for the individual perception to change for one and not the other? To see past the illusions of ourselves and even for a brief instance see the greater game that is being played, before that perception starts to evolve once again? For the better or worse, if that is really possible pending individuallity and the branch one clings and swings from?

I found a interesting webpage regarding "perception" a small quote as it's quite lengthy...

Perception is a central issue in epistemology, the theory of knowledge. At root, all our empirical knowledge is grounded in how we see, hear, touch, smell and taste the world around us. In section 1, a distinction is drawn between perception that involves concepts and perception that doesn’t, and the various epistemic relations that there are between these two types of perception are discussed–our perceptual beliefs and our perceptual knowledge. Section 2 considers the role of causation in perception and focuses on the question of whether perceptual experience justifies our beliefs or merely causes them. Sections 3 and 4 further investigate the epistemic role of perception and introduce two distinct conceptions of the architecture of our belief system: foundationalism and coherentism. It is shown how perceptual experience and perceptual beliefs are integrated into these systems. Finally, section 5 turns to the externalist view that thinkers need not be aware of what justifies their perceptual beliefs.

Epistemology of Perception

Thought provoking, to say the least.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join