It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Coldest Day In America In 20 Years, Here Are Al Gore’s Stupidest Global Warming Quotes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Freenrgy2
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

You know what drives me insane, when people scream "global warming" when it's hot out and then turn around and scream "ice age coming" when it gets cold.

Look people, it's cyclical. It gets warmer sometimes and then colder. Weather happens.

I refuse to believe the hype (and political and economic agenda....which is really what this IS ALL ABOUT) surrounding so-called global warming or that we are entering another ice age.

If we want to do anything, how about we look on how to seriously reduce consumption of fossil fuels and invest in newer technologies. Of course, the oil barons will have to forsake the untold billions in profit to realize this. I wonder how many more generations of their leaders will have to die before someone gets it.

The longer I live, the more stupidity I see in my fellow man when I see people blindly following some doctrine because it aligns with their political views.

Good to know that you know I have political views, which I don't. I say hang all the bastards, there ain't no good in politics, it's self-serving and they are all a bunch of treasonous wankers, unless proven otherwise. That out of the way, I have been watching trends and as I said in another post, we are experiencing extreme weather on both ends of the spectrum. The cyclic nature of this kind of weather has the appearance of an epileptic seizure, the polarized swings look a lot like what you would see on a ECG during said seizure. The waveforms are large and almost synchronous. Eventually, the seizure patient either recovers or dies. In this case I think you can equate death to ice-age as it is the most probable ground state of our environment with the way the Sun is trending. Medicine would be nice, as in the case of the seizure patient, but from a relative vantage in our case, we have no medicine for the Sun.

To believe at this stage of our development as a species that we have the capability to fix this problem is both arrogant and narcissistic. The world is driven by greed and managed by extortion and exploitation. As has been evidenced in the past, including the recent past, greed has no fear and therefore no motivation to even try to fix the problem, short of funneling the profits of more human capital into their already overflowing pockets.

Cheers - Dave

ETA: As an aside, I have performed electromagnetic failure analysis (via NRC) on organs using EM spectrum analyzers and organs also fail the same way it seems as brain malfunctions during seizures. The diseased portions set up a synchronous waveform which bleeds into surrounding cells. These surrounding cells then also produce the same waveform and so on until it gets to the point that the EM signature of the failing organ looks like a carrier wave that is much larger than the background noise in the system. The normal EM patterning within a body looks like noise, it's very chaotic, I guess something like normal weather. There are no massive swings. Disease and systemic failure produce these large synchronous waveforms. Our weather is behaving like the earth is experiencing systemic failure and the only real cause I see, is the Sun.

The skin is an organ, so liken it to sitting naked in the sun, if there's too much you develop melanomas, if there is too little not enough Vitamin D is produced and you freeze as well while your immune system is depleted.
edit on 1/8.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: ETA

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

GenerationGap

Global Warming is a fact.

I can prove it. I grew up on a lake that was at one point a giant sheet of ice 80 feet thick. If global warming didn't exist, it wouldn't have been a lake but a glacier.

However, the glacier melted long before mankind ever developed the ability to capture wind in a sail let alone burn fossil fuels in an engine; but warming does in fact exist; the Earth's temperature has never been, nor will it ever be, stagnant. There will be Islands that sink, while other islands will rise; this has always been the case.

Also, since the dawn of mankind village leaders have told their underlings to sacrifice to the collective will or be burned, be it by an angry sun, volcano, or planet. The fact they are still selling the same lie and many villagers still take them for their word doesn't surprise me; it's simply human nature.

Isn't it funny how anyone who says anthroprogenic warming is a myth, or is at least not worth worrying over, is immediately marginalized by the "establishment"? Many times by the very people who hold disdain and antipathy towards organized religions because of religious history of marginalizing free thinkers...

Again, I am not disagreeing with extreme swings in climate, the bottom line is that these will produce an ice-age, mini at least and full blown at worst. There won't be an increase in the value of beachfront property 20 miles inland due to seas rising. As far as village teachings, I am part Beothuk and I much prefer the Native American ideology, you eat what you kill and use every part you can, you do not harm the land and you take actions that will leave the world a better place seven generations into the future. That being said, we are past that point, the greed and corruption has tipped the scales and now we all get to pay the price of NO action. Money and taxes will not fix this problem, we do not have the capability to change the fuel consumption rate of the Sun and stabilize the system.

To make matters worse we have documented increases in geothermal activity and as a world are on the edge of financial collapse.

Just my opinion, but I've been around ;-)

Cheers - Dave

kix

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Let me explain to you , because you don't seem to get it. You have hurricanes and Typhoons because of temperature differential, what makes the vortex work its the heat differential. You can have ocean almost boiling and the atmosphere at 110C and there won't be hurricanes, have the oceans at 5 C (very cold) and the temperature diferential at 20C plus and you will get a Hurricane.

Al Gore and its crooks, sold the idea of heat being the only component in a hurricane, when in fact a lot of factors come into play, temperature differential and humidity have the biggest impact.

There are many variables involved in climate that is impossible to forecast, if we can't forecast weather (locally for a year) is completely stupid to believe a politician can predict the whole earth climate and heating or cooling trends....

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
God, this site is becoming Republican hell. Global warming is happening, and it is helped by mankind. How the hell can atmospheric CO2 levels be regulated if we're cutting down the trees that retain the CO2? Or, we have proof that we have hurt the atmosphere and climate with greenhouse gases when we used CFCs back in the day. Still to this day, CFCs are eating away the ozone layer, especially in Antarctica, which allows more harmful radiation to enter the atmosphere. Sometimes, pollutants get so out of control that thermal inversions occur; a dense layer of greenhouse gases forms and traps heat. This is relevant in places such as Beijing where pollution is so high. This proves that greenhouse gases obviously capture heat and cause temperature to rise. If you look at what I said earlier, an increase in CO2 and a decrease in trees is causing an increase in CO2, thus raising atmospheric temps.
Next, I'd like to talk about the mini ice age. I hope you aren't referring to our cold temps now, but the Greenland icecap is melting. This is freshwater going over the ocean current south of Greenland where upwelling occurs, which also causes exchanges in temperature so that Europe is warm. This upwelling is why it's very cold in Canada but pretty nice in places in Europe at the same latitude. Anyways, the freshwater prevents the warm sediment at the bottom of the ocean from rising, causing significantly colder temps. This then results in Europe becoming like Canada: very very cold. Back to the global warming topic, this is helped by greenhouse gases. Icecaps naturally melt over a long period of time, but global warming is definitely not perpetuating icecaps. The CO2, the methane, the CFCs all trap heat do things such as melt ice caps. Scientists are even concerned that coastal cities will be uninhabitable because of global warming causing sea levels to rise.

You're the ignorant one for denying global warming. It's people like you that keep the world from progressing in science. Drive your SUVs to insult us like you always say you do, but when you're in Europe and it's very cold or your relatives in NYC have to evacuate because of high sea levels, realize that you are the worst culprit, for you didn't even acknowledge global warming was caused by people like you.
edit on 8-1-2014 by catswithbigpaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

seabag

The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change recently released a report that doesn’t find much evidence of “climate change” or “global warming” based on human activity, but nevertheless rushes to assure readers that the problem is still serious. Not so fast, says the Heartland Institute and the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change it supports:

“Whereas the reports of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warn of a dangerous human effect on climate, NIPCC concludes the human effect is likely to be small relative to natural variability, and whatever small warming is likely to occur will produce benefits as well as costs,” the non-governmental panel announced, rolling out a hefty report with a succinct “summary for policymakers” to back up their claim.
LINK

Suckers!

Heartland’s funding over the past decade has included thousands of dollars directly from ExxonMobil and the American Petroleum Institute, but a large portion of their funding ($25.6 million) comes from the shadowy Donor’s Capital Fund, created expressly to conceal the identity of large donors to free-market causes. The Koch brothers appear to be funneling money into Donor’s Capital via their Knowledge and Progress Fund.

Full link Sucker

Not trying to sound mean. Trying to be fair.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

That's why we need stronger government regulation. The common person can't do anything. The common person never has been able to. We needed the government to lower work hours, improve working conditions, raise wages, get kids out of the workplace, etc. Why wouldn't we need the government to tell corporations to quit polluting the environment? There should be heavy consequences too. Walmart, for example, can dump a bunch of chemicals into waterways and get fined a mere $2 million. That's not going to hurt them. $200 million maybe would, though.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by catswithbigpaws

Everything in this is 100% false.

Global warming was invented to fulfill an agenda. 30 years ago, scientists feared a coming ice age.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
1 day being really cold, doesn't change the fact that ON AVERAGE...meaning, measuring the other 364 days of the year, the earth is getting warmer, and our climate is CHANGING.

It's like the car mechanic saying you don't need a new transmission when it starts once for him, but won't start the rest of the year.

SEE, IT WORKS! Now stop asking questions, talk about another topic, and move along...nothing to see here! Classic.

Trolls always come out on threads like this, to make sure they are swaying people away from the truth.

(post by catswithbigpaws removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I didn't see this fact mentioned but seems to me always relevant in climate change discussions. Based on what I've read in Scientific American over the years and seen in other sources, do you know what the "normal" climate of Earth is over the last million years? It's ICE AGE ! We have had about 9-10 ice ages, with each lasting in the 90,000 to 100,000 year span and separated by much shorted "temperate" periods lasting 10,000 years+/-. And how long since the last ice age? About 10,000 years. So we are due for an ice age anytime and I recall that the transition from one to the other is decades not centuries. That type of major climate cycling is most likely related to orbital issues or sun cycles.

Ironic that maybe human related warming may actually be exactly what we will need at some point not far off, perhaps even in a greater fashion- just pointing out the irony. My main point, when looking at this issue people seem to always think what we have now is "normal" ans we must protect it, when its going to change in a big way on its own. These scientific studies of the climate over a million year span are done by geologist taking core samples of deep ice and other materials core sampling. Now Why didn't Al Gore know that and why is that never mentioned in this type discussion-

edit on 8-1-2014 by retsdeeps1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

catswithbigpaws

That's why we need stronger government regulation. The common person can't do anything. The common person never has been able to. We needed the government to lower work hours, improve working conditions, raise wages, get kids out of the workplace, etc. Why wouldn't we need the government to tell corporations to quit polluting the environment? There should be heavy consequences too. Walmart, for example, can dump a bunch of chemicals into waterways and get fined a mere $2 million. That's not going to hurt them. $200 million maybe would, though.

We need nationalization of key energy industries and the banking sector as well as regulation. One of the biggest mistakes in Canada (I use Canada as an example only because this happens in the US as well) is that we sold off government assets to private corporations. In doing that, the buffer for the tax base was chiseled away giving all the profits to multinationals which forced borrowing from the BOC/IMF. In addition, like the US, our treasury was compromised which gave over power to an NGO called the Bank of Canada (like the FED). The Bank of Canada is literally owned by the IMF and the governors are selected from a list supplied by the IMF. I mean seriously, who would be stupid enough to make a Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan director, the governor of the Bank of Canada (that's rhetorical question)?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

kix

There are many variables involved in climate that is impossible to forecast, if we can't forecast weather (locally for a year) is completely stupid to believe a politician can predict the whole earth climate and heating or cooling trends....

Great point, but don't fret to much about global warming or carbon taxes.

When the Republicans get full control again of congress I'm sure they will repeal all the global warming regulations like they have done with big Oil that they always complain about.

edit on 54131America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2014 23:54:49 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

catswithbigpaws

Freenrgy2
reply to post by catswithbigpaws

Everything in this is 100% false.

Global warming was invented to fulfill an agenda. 30 years ago, scientists feared a coming ice age.

I'm not debating this with you, since any scientific evidence you'll deny because you have your head so far up your ass that you're unwilling to take anything scientifically proven as fact so that you can persist in your selfish denial and resistance to anything the mainstream approves.

blah blah

There can be no bad agenda out of this unless you're a selfish person who cares more about holding your backwards beliefs and environment-damaging technology instead of caring for other people and the environment.

Pack a bag, we're going on a guilt trip LOL. It has already been proven the IPCC and their cohorts in crime fudged the numbers to make the data fit the results. They recently published almost a retraction stating that human activity had very little impact. Concerning your first line, play the ball, not the person otherwise you are simply showing an irrational and juvenile position.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

interupt42

kix

Great point, but don't fret to much about global warming or carbon taxes.

When the Republicans get full control again of congress I'm sure they will repeal all the global warming regulations like they have done with big Oil that they always complain about.

edit on 54131America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2014 23:54:49 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

No they won't, just like Obama didn't repeal the NDAA or keep any of his campaign promises. It's a false dichotomy, republicans and democrats are two sides of the same corrupt coin in the pocket of a single master that decides everything. And that master isn't the people.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I think you missed what I did there.

Sarcasm was intended.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

interupt42

I think you missed what I did there.

Sarcasm was intended.

LOL, Um, er, I guess I was just clarifying your sarcasm, yeah, that's it, I'll run with that ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

retsdeeps1
I didn't see this fact mentioned but seems to me always relevant in climate change discussions. Based on what I've read in Scientific American over the years and seen in other sources, do you know what the "normal" climate of Earth is over the last million years? It's ICE AGE ! We have had about 9-10 ice ages, with each lasting in the 90,000 to 100,000 year span and separated by much shorted "temperate" periods lasting 10,000 years+/-. And how long since the last ice age? About 10,000 years. So we are due for an ice age anytime and I recall that the transition from one to the other is decades not centuries. That type of major climate cycling is most likely related to orbital issues or sun cycles.

Ironic that maybe human related warming may actually be exactly what we will need at some point not far off, perhaps even in a greater fashion- just pointing out the irony. My main point, when looking at this issue people seem to always think what we have now is "normal" ans we must protect it, when its going to change in a big way on its own. These scientific studies of the climate over a million year span are done by geologist taking core samples of deep ice and other materials core sampling. Now Why didn't Al Gore know that and why is that never mentioned in this type discussion-

edit on 8-1-2014 by retsdeeps1 because: (no reason given)

It's a very valid point, I've read this before as well that average temperate periods were between 10,000 and 16,000 years with ice ages running 90,000 to 100,000 years. There's only one problem, it's based on hard geological science rather than the doctrine of AGW and geez, why would anyone want to mix man-bear-pig's pontifications with an inconvenient truth. After all, there's no money in the truth.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Global warming,? Possible. New ice age? Maybe. Climate change? Yes. Has it turned into a money grab? Most definitely. Can we do anything about it? No. I think it's a natural phenomena. What to do? Hold on tight!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

sorry but a singular event does not disprove anything about the negative effects humans are having on the environment

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join