It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Coldest Day In America In 20 Years, Here Are Al Gore’s Stupidest Global Warming Quotes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
too funny.
"somewhere a whale is in trouble.."

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Co2 production?

Oh I agree those people on Capitol hill should shut up with all that hot air that comes from their mouths.

They are 'killing the planet'.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree that something is going wrong with the global weather patterns and that we are seeing the beginnings of radical and extreme changes to climate. I don't agree that we can do much about it. The planet goes through cycles, it's on its own schedule and we really don't have anything to say about it. AGW and AGCC are both political "constructs" that are coined to point the blame at people and if they can make people believe they are to blame, then people will have to pay to fix the problem.

Unfortunately in the bigger picture if any of this were actually real, corporations are somewhat to blame, we don't need half the crap they produce, but they produce for the sake of profit and therefore are the biggest contributors of pollution. Since economies are based on the populations ability to consume products and governments base their borrowing rates on the number of people, the international banksters actually drive all of this since they are embedded in governments and corporations to garner a profit for nothing. Laws are twisted and loopholes are formed to allow the non-living corporations to control the living meat puppets that consume their collective stuff, a large portion of that being garbage products we don't need.

But it's all a moot point anyway, in reality 99.9% of climate change is driven by that big light and heat source in the sky. That makes the entire religion of Anthropogenic Global Climate Change (or Anthropogenic Global Warming) a false construct and therefore just another SCAM, not unlike the creation of money for nothing SCAM and PONZI Scheme used by centralized banking to gain control over governments and therefore, everyone else like you and me.

So if you have a way in which to change the fuel consumption rate of the Sun, or maybe the number of hydrogen atoms per cubic meter in intra-solar space to control thermal conductivity or have a way of regulating the climate based on some form of global geo-thermal energy mediation, I would suggest you offer it up now. I think time is short to the next ice-age because as these temperature swings increase, weather will get crazier, living will become non-sustainable and the planet will fall back to it's ground state, which is probably said predicted next ice-age. I could be wrong, but we are all living within the system that is producing strange and extreme weather. With a little independent research, anyone with a little critical thinking skills should be able to see the obvious problems. If someone puts a lit candle under your foot, you don't blame the refrigerator for getting burned.

So to be even more clear, I am not denying that there is climate change, I am denying it is man-made, I am stating that to the best of my knowledge we do not have the technology to control the outcomes of this scenario and I am stating that this will probably result in an ice-age.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Pretty bad ass pick from St. Joseph, Michigan, from this winter storm we are currently having..

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I was swimming in the ocean a few weeks ago thinking to myself, damn that's warm. Somewhere in Australia right now the temps are +40c. If you think global warming has no merit simply because you live in the Northern Hemisphere, does that mean you think it's legit so long as you were in the opposite side of the world?

Evidently you don't read each post or did you fail to just read this one.

Someone mentioned Australia and how Hot it was.

I called my husbands friend he retired with, He moved there to get away from his Crazy Ex.
He said that he had a skiing trip planned from Wednesday thru to next Sunday at the Ben Lomond Ski Resort and it was cold there.
So I looked it up.

Snow Forecast and Weather Outlook for Ben Lomond, Australia. Covering the period from Monday 6th January 2014 to Monday 13th January 2014.

Ben Lomond Snow Forecast
Looks like Great Skiing.

Ben Lomond Snow Resort Forcast

Posted on January 18, 2010 by Anthony Watts
More from the “weather is not climate department”.

Flurries hit southeast Australia as towns record their first-ever summer snowfalls

Snow fell to 3,000 feet (900 metres) above sea level Monday in parts of New South Wales and Victoria states, Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Jane Golding said.
“Any time of year, it’s unusual to have snow down that far,” she said.

The next part is really interesting.

The town of Bombala in New South Wales, east of Kosciuszko, recorded its first summer snow since the bureau began keeping records there in 1965, Golding said.

The town of Cooma, also in New South Wales but north of Kosciuszko, recorded its first summer snow since records were first kept in 1973.

Gee, all the way back to 1973!
Summer Snow in Australia

From my post in this thread on page two.
edit on 7-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Evidently you don't read each post or did you fail to just read this one.

Or you failed to read mine. Ben Lomond is 7-20c over the next 7 days.

What does that have to do with anything?

And what does an account from 1973 and another from 2010? My point was, if your only logic to debunk global warming is that it's cold in winter (or even a single summer for that matter) your logic should also say every summer it's real, or warm winter it's real.

As in, a single instance of weather does not debunk a trend.
edit on 7-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Gee, all the way back to 1973!
Summer Snow in Australia

It is what it is…

Even Gore is having a hard time selling it anymore. By the way, where has he been lately?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
And here is what I found significant in this article.

But Lindzen rejects the dire projections. For one thing, he says that the Summary for Policymakers is an inherently problematic document. The IPCC report itself, weighing in at thousands of pages, is “not terrible. It’s not unbiased, but the bias [is] more or less to limit your criticism of models,” he says. The Summary for Policymakers, on the other hand—the only part of the report that the media and the politicians pay any attention to—“rips out doubts to a large extent. .  .  . [Furthermore], government representatives have the final say on the summary.” Thus, while the full IPPC report demonstrates a significant amount of doubt among scientists, the essentially political Summary for Policymakers filters it out.

MIT’s Richard Lindzen, the unalarmed climate scientist
www.weeklystandard.com...

edit on 033131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Garsh...

The coldest day in 20 years you say ?

So what was the reason for why it was so damned cold 20 years ago ?

Or the 20 years prior to that ?

Or the 20 years prior to that ?

Dear gawd !! There was also crazy heat waves and dust bowls happening in there somewhere too !!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm Sorry, I just don't believe this Gloom and Doom of Climate Change and we're changing the weather patterns because some Dairy Cows Fart or my neighbor started his 1975 Ford Pinto and his neighbor went to Wal Mart in her 1973 Chevy Vega!
No, it's all about Money!
I'll ask you, Who among you read this article today?

Scientists reject claims of record cold being caused by ‘global warming’ – Time Mag. blamed ‘polar vortex’ on ‘global cooling’ in 1974 – Special Report

That's right. the So-Called experts were screaming the same Bogas Science in 1974.

Via Real Science:
In 1974, Time Magazine blamed the cold polar vortex on global cooling.
'Scientists have found other indications of global cooling. For one thing there has been a noticeable expansion of the great belt of dry, high-altitude polar winds —the so-called circumpolar vortex—that sweep from west to east around the top and bottom of the world.'

Climate

Monday, June 24, 1974

In Africa, drought continues for the sixth consecutive year, adding terribly to the toll of famine victims. During 1972 record rains in parts of the U.S., Pakistan and Japan caused some of the worst flooding in centuries. In Canada's wheat belt, a particularly chilly and rainy spring has delayed planting and may well bring a disappointingly small harvest. Rainy Britain, on the other hand, has suffered from uncharacteristic dry spells the past few springs. A series of unusually cold winters has gripped the American Far West, while New England and northern Europe have...

Another Ice Age?
Here from the same article, you might like to read something from a person that's Not Attached To Gore or Obamas TiT.

Princeton Physicist Dr. Will Happer refutes claims that global warming is causing record cold: ‘Polar vortices have been around forever. They have almost nothing to do with more CO2 in the atmosphere’

Award-winning Princeton University Physicist Dr. Will Happer rejected the media and some scientists claims that the record U.S. cold is due to man-made global warming. Happer, explained the science in an exclusive interview with Climate Depot.
“Polar vortices have been around forever. They have almost nothing to do with more CO2 in the atmosphere,” Happer said in an exclusive interview with Climate Depot.

Happer continued: “Here is a thumbnail sketch of the physics. The poles have little sunshine even in summer, but especially in winter, like now in the Arctic. So the air over the poles rapidly gets bitterly cold because of radiation to dark space, with negligible replenishment of heat from sunlight. The sinking cold air is replaced by warmer air flowing in from the south at high altitudes. Since the earth is rotating, the air flowing in from the south has to start rotating faster to the west, just like a figure skater rotates faster if she pulls in her arms. This forms the polar vortex. The extremely cold air at the bottom of the vortex can be carried south by meanders of the jet stream at the edge of the vortex. We will have to live with polar vortices as long as the sun shines and the earth rotates.

Princeton Physicist Dr.

My Gawd, No, We'll have to put up with Polar Vortex like we have in the Past as Long as the Earth Rotates and The Sun Shines,,,, NO,,, that Can't Happen,,, Stop The earth, Cover the Sun, Al gore and Obama said that can't be True!

The Climate Alarmist could always take a Cruise with your Buddy Al.

edit on 7-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Weather varies. Shifting climate factors like El Nino and La Nina influence where the cold and warm fronts go. Some springs have severe tornado activity, others have very mild seasons. There are droughts and heat waves and cool mild or wet summers. Warm winters in one area, terrible winters in others.
A year or two back they made a big deal about Greenland having a melting ice pack for warm air that was bottled up over it. Now the polar ice cap is thick and deeply frozen like normal. 90% of it is due to factors not man made. It might even be more than that.
But I don't think you'll ever get a global warmer to give up their copy of " An Inconvenient Truth" until you pry it from their cold dead frozen hands.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Global warming might not be real but I know one thing as a outdoors man it has been warmer the past 15 years then the 15 years that preceded it. I'm a fisherman and I ice fish in the winter. In the north if you love fishing you either learn to do it in the winter or you don't fish for 4 months out of the year. We use to have winters like this all throughout the 70's 80's and up until the mid 90's. The past 15 years not so much. I study the weather and I know when the lakes freeze and when they don't. The past 15 years have been warmer then usual. For the first time in the 30 years that I've been ice fishing we didn't have any ice the past 2 years in a row. In a normal winter the ice forms on the lakes in mid December and they are frozen until early March. That hasn't been the case for the past 15 years. Our winters in the north have been unusually warm. Not only that we haven't been getting snow like we use to. We've been in a drought for precipitation the past 10 years or so. The news media says coldest winter in 20 years. That's right because it's been warmer then usual the past 20 years or so. We have a normal winter and all of a sudden global warming can't exist. With China and India now reaching the industrial age with their populations I have a hard time believing the amount of pollution they create isn't having an effect on the atmosphere. Why do you think the price of gasoline has gone up? because people in China and India and no longer riding bicycles.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Me personally, I think this global warming fiasco is basically a load of bologna.

Humans have been on this planet for, what? At least 1 million years. shorter or longer if you consider our possible human-like relatives that have been discovered. And we started going into heavy industry about 200-250 years ago.

Our planet itself, has been speculated to be about 4.5 billion years old. So obviously 200 years is hardly anything.

So, I don't understand how our planet could really be in trouble after 200 years of human interaction. Plus, scientists have found evidence of major extinction periods through the planets history. There have been quite a few of these periods. And they have been pretty devastating, Large percentages of animals were here one day, and pretty much gone the next. And we humans had absolutely nothing to do with those.

Sure, certain things we are doing are polluting our water, soil, and air. But I don't believe humans can ever truly destroy the planet. Our planet can, and will push back. And it is not something that should be messed with. Our planet has always done this. Just go and ask the 97% of animals that once inhabited this planet at one time, and then vanished. We may have been impacting the planet in a negative ways in some areas. But our planet will fix itself eventually. It always does. Or at least start attempting to get rid of us once and for all.

But I can agree that we need to stop dumping pollution around or planet. Nothing good can come from it. But humans putting the planet in jeopardy because of some plastic and fuel? No way, I wouldn't buy into that for a second.
edit on 8-1-2014 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Sinter Klaas
I don't want to be the guy to tell you...

But the cold that's now freezing up US soil. It is not proof, or any sort of sign, that says the climate won't get warmer, or colder.

It is a result of arctic cold getting blown into the continent, without anything blocking it's way.
Like a yet stream maybe, or a mountain range.

Exactly. Saying that it being cold right now proves Global warming/Climate change is a hoax is like saying the sun doesn't exist because it's dark out right now. Ridiculous...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Good one

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

You know what drives me insane, when people scream "global warming" when it's hot out and then turn around and scream "ice age coming" when it gets cold.

Look people, it's cyclical. It gets warmer sometimes and then colder. Weather happens.

I refuse to believe the hype (and political and economic agenda....which is really what this IS ALL ABOUT) surrounding so-called global warming or that we are entering another ice age.

If we want to do anything, how about we look on how to seriously reduce consumption of fossil fuels and invest in newer technologies. Of course, the oil barons will have to forsake the untold billions in profit to realize this. I wonder how many more generations of their leaders will have to die before someone gets it.

The longer I live, the more stupidity I see in my fellow man when I see people blindly following some doctrine because it aligns with their political views.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Global Warming is a fact.

I can prove it. I grew up on a lake that was at one point a giant sheet of ice 80 feet thick. If global warming didn't exist, it wouldn't have been a lake but a glacier.

However, the glacier melted long before mankind ever developed the ability to capture wind in a sail let alone burn fossil fuels in an engine; but warming does in fact exist; the Earth's temperature has never been, nor will it ever be, stagnant. There will be Islands that sink, while other islands will rise; this has always been the case.

Also, since the dawn of mankind village leaders have told their underlings to sacrifice to the collective will or be burned, be it by an angry sun, volcano, or planet. The fact they are still selling the same lie and many villagers still take them for their word doesn't surprise me; it's simply human nature.

Isn't it funny how anyone who says anthroprogenic warming is a myth, or is at least not worth worrying over, is immediately marginalized by the "establishment"? Many times by the very people who hold disdain and antipathy towards organized religions because of religious history of marginalizing free thinkers...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

Global warming is pseudo science used to drive a political and economic agenda.

Why do you think Al Gore signed onto it?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Global warming and global cooling are not mutually exclusive. The occurence of one does not disprove the other.

Weather patterns, for whatever reason, are shifting. Some of these shifts will be felt on a global scale and some barely noticed at all. The end result will have all sorts of social and economic ramifications. The only real message to take away here is to recognize, prepare, and adapt or suffer/live with the consequences.
edit on 1/8/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Freenrgy2
reply to post by GenerationGap

Global warming is pseudo science used to drive a political and economic agenda.

Why do you think Al Gore signed onto it?

I think what you mean to say is:

"Global warming is science being misused to drive a political and economic agenda.

Why do you think Al Gore signed onto it? "

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join