It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Coldest Day In America In 20 Years, Here Are Al Gore’s Stupidest Global Warming Quotes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
reply to post by guohua

I sometimes forget that not everyone monitors world weather stories.

Check out my blog - it's non biased. I report all the weather stories I find, hot or cold (though I'm sure I miss many)
Obviously, for the purpose of this thread, only current stories and reports are relevant. Were those picture taken this week?

edit on 6-1-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

Hi, replied to you with PM.
guohua

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The AGW deniers have stretched truth to its limits and now almost entirely rely on self-deception. And so just as the AGW deniers hold frantically onto the ledge, hanging over the dank precipice, afraid of the death below them, a hand reaches down to rescue them, and realizing their plight, do they grab onto it? It's the hand of science. It's not the hand they wanted, it's the one they ran from, but it was the only one there when they faced their last moments of life. And so this is their destiny: to reach for the hand unwanted or die in one last attempt to escape it.

I myself am not a believer or a denier of AGW. The above is just my own speculation. It might be science is wrong. However, what if the deniers are wrong? Are they running from truth? Many of us run from things, only to be faced with a hard choice. It's hard to deny truth without getting hurt.

And you know it could be written for believers too. I'm not targeting all offenses at the deniers. It's popular to do that because they deny the popular scientific conclusions. It makes them a big target and singles them out. If they're right, it's completely unfair. If they're wrong, they deserve the scorn.
edit on 6-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The number of people who do not grasp that global warming refers to the overall temperature of the entire planet.. and not just the current weather where they live.. is way too high.

North America freezes.. Australia bakes.. dramatic temperature extremes are predicted to happen as the average global temperature increases.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

The AGW deniers have stretched truth to its limits and now almost entirely rely on self-deception.

How so ?

How do American laws effect the entire globe ?

The only thing the global warming advocates are doing is making things more expensive, and shipping jobs offshore.

From this perspective the only self deception is people arrogant enough to think they can save the planet by totalitarnism.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While we're at it...

Time.com: Climate Change Might Just Be Driving the Historic Cold Snap

Climate change skeptics are pointing to the record cold weather as evidence that the globe isn't warming. But it could be that melting Arctic ice is making sudden cold snaps more likely—not less

That disruption to the polar vortex may have been triggered by a sudden stratospheric warming event, a phenomenon Rick Grow explained at the Washington Post a few days ago:

Large atmospheric waves move upward from the troposphere — where most weather occurs — into the stratosphere, which is the layer of air above the troposphere. These waves, which are called Rossby waves, transport energy and momentum from the troposphere to the stratosphere. This energy and momentum transfer generates a circulation in the stratosphere, which features sinking air in the polar latitudes and rising air in the lowest latitudes. As air sinks, it warms. If the stratospheric air warms rapidly in the Arctic, it will throw the circulation off balance. This can cause a major disruption to the polar vortex, stretching it and — sometimes — splitting it apart.

WAPO Linky

What does that have to do with climate change? Sea ice is vanishing from the Arctic thanks to climate change, which leaves behind dark open ocean water, which absorbs more of the heat from the sun than reflective ice. That in turn is helping to cause the Arctic to warm faster than the rest of the planet, almost twice the global average. The jet stream—the belt of fast-flowing, westerly winds that essentially serves as the boundary between cold northern air and warmer southern air—is driven by temperature difference between the northerly latitudes and the tropical ones.

Yes,kinda like that.

How global warming can make cold snaps even worse

Snow and ice are disappearing from the Arctic region at unprecedented rates, leaving behind relatively warmer open water, which is much less reflective to incoming sunlight than ice. That, among other factors, is causing the northern polar region of our planet to warm at a faster rate than the rest of the northern hemisphere. (And, just to state the obvious, global warming describes a global trend toward warmer temperatures, which doesn’t preclude occasional cold-weather extremes.)

Yes, kinda of like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

jonnywhite
The AGW deniers have stretched truth to its limits and now almost entirely rely on self-deception. And so just as the AGW deniers hold frantically onto the ledge, hanging over the dank precipice, afraid of the death below them, a hand reaches down to rescue them, and realizing their plight, do they grab onto it? It's the hand of science. It's not the hand they wanted, it's the one they ran from, but it was the only one there when they faced their last moments of life. And so this is their destiny: to reach for the hand unwanted or die in one last attempt to escape it.

Maybe the greater truth is we all face something similar in life.

That hand more than likely has one of those cheap gag buzzers in its palm. The AGW fraud has already been exposed. Don't hang onto that ledge, the only reason you see darkness is because you haven't opened your eyes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

jonnywhite

Maybe the greater truth is we all run from something just like them.

You have every right to believe what you want to believe, but don't try and force me to pay for your beliefs.
I certainly Hope you're not trying to make the statement all Scientist believe in Global Warming.

Your Move, Global Warming Alarmists. Science Has Exposed Your Unwarranted Hysteria

And that is my function here in focusing on the publication this week of Climate Change Reconsidered II, authored by the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC), and published by the Heartland Institute.

No, not Al Gore's Make Believe Scientist, But.

“is an international panel of scientists and scholars who came together to understand the causes and consequences of climate change. NIPCC has no formal attachment to or sponsorship from any government or governmental agency. It is wholly independent of political pressures or influences and therefore is not predisposed to produce politically motivated conclusions or policy recommendations. NIPCC seeks to objectively analyze and interpret data and facts without conforming to any specific agenda. This organizational structure and purpose stand in contrast to those of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which is government-sponsored, politically motivated, and predisposed to believing that climate change is a problem in need of a U.N. solution.”

WoW!
And What Pray Tell do they say?

I can attest to you that the team of 50 scientists producing the 1,200 pages of calm, reasoned, dispassionate science in the report did achieve their goal of objectively analyzing and interpreting data and facts without conforming to any specific agenda. They carefully demonstrate the inconvenient facts about the world’s climate discussed below, and when you have that any politicization would just detract from the presentation, as Al Gore shows in his global warming political harangues.

That is in sharp contrast to President Obama’s own EPA, which issued its “endangerment finding” legally authorizing regulation of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, without submitting the finding to its own peer review board established by federal law precisely for that purpose. What were they so afraid of if 97% of scientists supposedly agree with them? That violation of federal law has now been challenged in court, and is pending before the U.S. Supreme Court. But this would not be the first time that the Administration of this lawless President has openly flouted the law.

The authors of the report do not deny that there is some effect of warming the planet from mankind’s emissions of CO2, primarily from use of traditional carbon fuels such as oil, coal, and natural gas. The argument is over how big of an effect that is, how that compares to natural causes of climate change, and whether the human caused effect threatens a catastrophe, or even severe distress, to human civilization and the environment. The conclusion of the report is that the U.N.’s IPCC has exaggerated the amount of global warming likely to occur due to mankind’s emissions of CO2, and the warming that human civilization will cause as a result “is likely to be modest and cause no net harm to the global environment or to human well-being.”

Get this next part of the article and I'll attach and link.

The fundamentals of the argument is that CO2 is not some toxic industrial gas, but a natural, trace gas constituting just 0.038% of the atmosphere. For readers disadvantaged by excessive exposure to the party propaganda organ called the New York Times, that is less than 4/100ths of one percent. The report states, “At the current level of 400 parts per million, we still live in a CO2-starved world. Atmospheric levels (of CO2) 15 times greater existed during the pre-Cambrian period (about 550 million years ago) without known adverse effects,” such as catastrophic global warming.

Your Move Global Warmist!

Obama, you read THAT! CO2 Starved World, so where did your people get those numbers you won't share,,,, from Uncle Gore? LIER!

edit on 6-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

The global warming fraud has been exposed for what it is.

Mankind has been around for a blink of an eye, our technology, and knowledge even less.

The Earth has been around for billions of years.

Survived meteors,super volcanoes, and everything else the universe has thrown at it.

Someone really needs to explain to me how laws in one country among hundreds is ever going to change a anything.

Those of us who are paying attention see the globing warming farce for what it is:

A neocons wet dream of world domination.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Nice post.
Certainly the media has been beating up the Hottest year on record for Australia.

So it is hottest...compared to what?

100 years ago, they use to measure the temperature under the shade of a gum tree, with some ancient device....as Australia is very sparsely populated, there were'nt a lot of these Weather stations. If fact often farmers use to be the weather collector.
Compared to now, we have many sophisticated digital temperature recorders in special hermetically sealed recepticles, that are accurate to .000% etc, in many locations. (im guessing all this i don't really know).

So please tell me, are the temperature readings of 100 years ago-50 years ago, as accurate as todays?

2 weeks ago it was 43 degrees C in my city. Yes all the "Warmers" came out we are all going to die etc.
the hottest temp that day was 47.7 deg. C in the outback (arid Desert). BUT low and behold, that is not the hottest temp recorded at that spot...no, it was 50.5 degrees C in 1960!!!!!!
I dont recall people claiming doom and gloom global warming in 1960!!!!!!!

So the hottest year EVER...they claim.
Can they please expain why in the same city that had 43deg 2 weeks ago, we have and are in a Cold snap where it has been raining for nearly 1 week, temps in the low 20s, and overnight minimums down to 12 deg C......in Summer, in Australia!!!! I actually cant wait for Summer to return, they are quoting 30 deg by the Weekend.

We also had light snow this past winter, we only have snow once every 10 years or so, last winter was freezing.

So, what these scare mongers do is manipulate statistics.
Every time the temperatures are low, it lowers the averages, Then when the temps return to a regular pattern, they claim that the temps are "Above Average"..but they are not, they are just returning to a normal pattern.

Also like the USA, Australia is a big country, with many temperature zones.
From the Freezing Tasmania Forests, to the Tropical North, with the arid desert in the middle, and all variations in between.

The Tropical North Never changes....it is 32 deg C and sunny in Winter, and 33 deg C and wet in Summer.
In the Desert it can be 30 deg C sunny and get to below freezing in Winter, and 50 deg C and raining in
Summer.
In the South, one side of the country can be 40 C with bushfires, the other side cant be 20 deg and rain, all at the same time.
That is why it is Ridiculous to make statements, as the "experts" claim, that All of Australia has had the hottest year.....because it is quite easy for certain areas to Increase the average, when other areas are Normal, or much Below the average .
The next year this may change.

Yes No-one is arguing that there is no climate change.
But it is the Scare Mongers who ALWAYS flip-flop between saying, Man Made Global Warming, one minute, then Natural Climate Change the next.

It is either one or the other.

BTW, none of us are stupid enough to recognize that man does not have an impact on Earth, yes we need to live cleaner, pollute less, consume less, populate less, kill less etc etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yes, I agree with you, earth always goes to changes, we learn about it in school if you pay attention, sadly most people do not, that is why is easier to sell snake oil to those that are easily manipulated.

The sad thing about this is when the corporate elite wants to force the working population into accepting their scams so they can make profits, they want to force laws if needed like everything that the corporate run government do is to enrich the coffer of their benefactors.

In America is always a way to profit from something, lately the elite wants to profit scaring the working class with fancy names like global warming via enacted bills and laws.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

neo96

The global warming fraud has been exposed for what it is.

Mankind has been around for a blink of an eye, our technology, and knowledge even less.

The Earth has been around for billions of years.

Survived meteors,super volcanoes, and everything else the universe has thrown at it.

Someone really needs to explain to me how laws in one country among hundreds is ever going to change a anything.

Those of us who are paying attention see the globing warming farce for what it is:

A neocons wet dream of world domination.

So, we are in agreement. I certainly don't want this AGW/AGCC crap forced on me or my kids or anyone I know or don't know. It's all just a scam. The earth will change, we will be smart enough to adapt or we are not worthy of being here.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes we will adapt, just like species before us either adapted to the last ice age and survived or got extinct in the process.

Sadly we humans are the newest species to habit the earth and we also very crafty and arrogant enough to think we can change what nature does.

And as usual is those that find a way to profit from scaremongering and that is what makes me angry.

Still when it comes to earth we humans are only a species nothing special and when one species goes extinct another will take its place.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I've read several articles recently that call this current onslaught of anti-climate rhetoric during this years historic cold snap and winter season 'snow-trolling'. LOL! 'Snow-trolling'. I love that s***!
_________

Anyway, every single year you can expect that we are going to go through each of the four seasons; spring, summer, fall, winter, etc. - As you already know what temperatures along with what different types of inclimate weather events we are going to see depend largely on what season it is. That much is obvious. But whether it be winter or summer, the overall climate is impacted by what occurs on an annual basis not just by what occurs during any one season.

Yeah, it's cold. - And come summer time, I bet everyone will be saying the exact opposite...
so where does that get anybody? No where. Right?

Look at it this way...

Globally, warmer temperatures cause more moisture to be held within the atmosphere - and when a storm occurs this moisture leads to increased precipitation, whether it be in the form of rain or snow.

If we shift now to this 'Polar Vortex' that is currently bringing in these record low temperatures, and if we forget for a moment that this is cold air, and it will clearly seem to contradict 'Global Warming' when taken at face value - You'll then learn that what we are actually seeing is yet another anomaly brought on by changes in the Jet-Stream.

At the expense of repeating myself, I feel it's important to try and clear up these misconceptions - Because time and time again, it seems as though a lot of people just really don't get it.

(Climate Change) Earths Increasingly Peculiar Weather - Causes & Effects.

edit on 6-1-2014 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what he said or did......or how time has proven them wrong. Global warming people will continue to follow the trend just as Obama's supporters continue to follow him after all that's happened.

What does the man say..... Ya can't fix stupid?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

marg6043

Yes we will adapt, just like species before us either adapted to the last ice age and survived or got extinct in the process.

Sadly we humans are the newest species to habit the earth and we also very crafty and arrogant enough to think we can change what nature does.

And as usual is those that find a way to profit from scaremongering and that is what makes me angry.

Still when it comes to earth we humans are only a species nothing special and when one species goes extinct another will take its place.

I have to agree with you, we are a very small part of a very small planet in probably an average solar system of a medium sized galaxy in an average local cluster of a huge universe. To presume that we are anything larger in the scheme of things than a collection of organized molecules sitting on a microbe sitting on an ant is both presumptuous and arrogant. However, from our local perspective, AGW/AGCC have taken on the framework of organized religion and therefore follow the same pitfalls. Lie to the congregation to insight fear in order to milk them, cattle should be put to use for the religions overseers.

This world seems about exploitation and extortion, AGW/AGCC fits the profile. We don't have the technology to change the fuel consumption rate of the Sun or move the planet a million miles further out in its orbit. We can't construct massive space based mirrors to collect or deflect sunlight, or harness the planets interior on a global scale. We are simply infants as a species that have to take baby-steps and learn at slow and predictable pace otherwise our mistakes because of our arrogance will destroy us all.

We live in a finite environment. There was a video up on a thread on ATS which featured David Suzuki (whom I don't like much as he seems another government shill), he explained the course of bacteria (us) in a test tube (the earth). How one cell dividing into two and then two into four and four into 8, etc. will consume all of the resources within 60 minutes. Like the bacteria and the test tube, we are well along into that last minute and the end will come quickly if we don't get a handle on ourselves, rather than waste time trying to fix things we can't. We have to adapt to our environment, it will not adapt to us.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

mwood

It doesn't matter what he said or did......or how time has proven them wrong. Global warming people will continue to follow the trend just as Obama's supporters continue to follow him after all that's happened.

I love that line, "Ya can't fix stupid." I was once at a council meeting and I was in a real rush, I had to do a presentation on sustainability to expose the councils lies (which went over quite well), but one of the councilwomen who was a rabid AGW/AGCC supporter, trained in agenda 21 hype and the crap promoted by the AMO (which is controlled by the UN through ECLEI) said to me, "How could you come to a formal meeting like this in such a mess?" I thought of the line attributed to Winston Churchill (another probable shill) and said to her, "I had to work, I get dirty and I had to be here to debunk your lies, but I can go home take a shower and put on fresh clothes and I'll be as good as new tomorrow morning, however, you'll get up tomorrow morning and you'll still be an idiot." Then I just walked away as few people close by laughed at her while she scowled. I like council meetings, it's good to bitch slap these asshats once in a while.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

burntheships

After 17 years of failed predictions from Al Gore,
I think it is time for him to take his place in the long
line of false prophets.

He reminds me so of the fake televangelists,
"give us your money" while he has a huge
carbon footprint; it would be funny if it
was not so pathetic.

edit on 6-1-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

That's an excellent analogy with the right picture (bonus)! Especially since AGW/AGCC has quite literally been turned into a religion.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

mwood

I was swimming in the ocean a few weeks ago thinking to myself, damn that's warm. Somewhere in Australia right now the temps are +40c. If you think global warming has no merit simply because you live in the Northern Hemisphere, does that mean you think it's legit so long as you were in the opposite side of the world?

I don't see how cold arctic air blanketing North America disproves global warming.

But every year snow drops and suddenly it's "haha global warming is so wrong."

But during El Nino, the conclusion wasn't, "Look it's global warming!" It was, "hey we are experiencing El Nino". One year of El Nino didn't suddenly make global warming valid, it took plenty more than that and I think it's funny on the other end of spectrum one year of icy wind suddenly everything is supposedly debunked.

www.pbs.org...

Seems like in the '90s, El Niño just didn't want to go away. El Niño, an unusual rise in sea-surface temperatures in the equatorial Pacific Ocean, visited three times from 1990 to 1995. In between, temperatures never went quite back to normal, as if it were all one long El Niño. This has led to some intriguing but speculative discussion about the possible link between rising global temperatures and the apparent increase in El Niños.

You see the difference?
edit on 6-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How so ?

How do American laws effect the entire globe ?

The only thing the global warming advocates are doing is making things more expensive, and shipping jobs offshore.

If legislation is enacted that forces companies to limit co2 production no matter where they are operating than at least you can say it's an effort to curb pollution. If however, they are merely not allowed to produce at home, but are allowed in China… then it becomes a tool for manipulating business interests and sidelining competition.

However, none of this actually addresses global warming or climate change. Merely BS politics thrown into the mix. Yet, BS politics does not eliminate an issue simply because it's outed as BS.

China is realizing that they are a toxic waste dump for everyone they export to, eventually, there is going to be this problem where there's nowhere left to pollute.
edit on 6-1-2014 by boncho because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join