It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Coldest Day In America In 20 Years, Here Are Al Gore’s Stupidest Global Warming Quotes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, I have been saying this for a while, we are going into a mini-ice age and all of Gore's agenda is driven by greed. I don't like being in Canada because we are on the front line for this new ice age. I would actually be surprised if we got much of a summer this year and I expect winter to extend into at least mid April. In 2015, there is a reasonable probability we won't even have a summer, just extended spring/fall. By 2016 I expect we will have the year of no summer which has happened in the past during mini-ice age events.

Link

Considering the host of other major problems that this country is facing, it truly is ironic that the federal government is spending so much time and energy fighting a problem that doesn’t even exist.

Speaking of ironic, a team of “climate change scientists” that had recently gone down to the Antarctic to study “global warming” had to be rescued by helicopter when their ship got stranded in the ice…

A group of climate change scientists were rescued by helicopter Jan. 2, after being stranded in the ice since Christmas morning. But the majority of the broadcast networks’ reports about the ice-locked climate researchers never mentioned climate change.

Just a small snippet from the aforementioned link.

The world does seem to be getting colder. I have always maintained that the greatest influence in relation to our weather (and that of the other planets in our system) is the Sun and the local space in which we are traveling. Changes in the number of molecules/atoms in a given area can produce changes in solar conductivity that can equate to both higher thermal transfer rates (more molecules) and lower thermal transfer rates (fewer molecules). At to this solar cycles and the rate at which the Sun consumes itself through nuclear fusion plus the changes in magnetic systems within the Sun and we would have a hard time predicting what the hell is going to happen next.

However from the empirical data, you know that stuff we see and experience day to day, plus the temperature trending it certainly appears that Sun is losing some of its strength and creating this mess here.

I think I am going to start job hunting in Uruguay, Brazil, Venezuela, Columbia and Equador to beat the rush ;-) BTW, Lake Maracaibo is quite pretty this time of year.

Cheers - Dave

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Jan 6 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't want to be the guy to tell you...

But the cold that's now freezing up US soil. It is not proof, or any sort of sign, that says the climate won't get warmer, or colder.

It is a result of arctic cold getting blown into the continent, without anything blocking it's way.
Like a yet stream maybe, or a mountain range.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

So just to understand, you look at this and see cooling to an ice age?

It's getting warmer

Or you would rather latch on to a weather event and wildly extrapolate to predict an ice age? That seems to be the preferred path of corporate propaganda. It's foolish, but many people who can't understand science, yield to these manipulations. The polar vortex is being knocked off it's axis of rotation by warming. It just happened to hit North America this year. A few years ago it was Europe. The polar vortexes should be increasingly unpredictable, asymmetrical and have less sway in the global system.

BTW, the Earth's ice content is at a low for the last 500,000 years. I understand people have varying critical thinking ability. IMO you got short changed. I would send an urgent letter to God or Santa to get that upgraded.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Al Gore is a hypocrite with a personal agenda but he is a very smart guy. Deniers on the other hand are not smart at all. It takes a real kook to ignore Climate Change.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I am on the fence in regards to global warming...

BUT..

the Gore crowd DID state that part of global warming WOULD INCLUDE harsh winters.

AND< not EVERYWHERE is cold.. bet you didn't realize that!

Here in southern California it is still hitting near 80 degrees Fahrenheit. That is unusual. I have lived in Southern Cal off/on since 1994.

So, how can people ridicule Global Warmers when THEY ADMITTED UP FRONT that part of global warming INCLUDED MORE HARSH WINTERS?

both sides are appearing to act like LEMMINGS.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

It's getting warmer

Or you would rather latch on to a weather event and wildly extrapolate to predict an ice age?

BTW, the Earth's ice content is at a low for the last 500,000 year

I wonder how much the FUKU nuclear material collecting at the arctic is playing a role in this polar vortex (or whatever it is)?

Nuclear Winter?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm....

Can you tell Australia its meant to be a mini ice age on the way, we just had our hottest year on record

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Here in southern California it is still hitting near 80 degrees Fahrenheit. That is unusual. I have lived in Southern Cal off/on since 1994.

Normal weather cycles probably can't be measured in only 20 years.
edit on 1/6/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

HanzHenry

InverseLookingGlass

It's getting warmer

Or you would rather latch on to a weather event and wildly extrapolate to predict an ice age?

BTW, the Earth's ice content is at a low for the last 500,000 year

I wonder how much the FUKU nuclear material collecting at the arctic is playing a role in this polar vortex (or whatever it is)?

Nuclear Winter?

I was unaware that there was enough smoke or soot (if any) from Fukushima for the concept of a "nuclear winter" to even be mentioned as a possibility.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You guys keep on arguing here where I live we still have weather and it's winter and happens to be a cold one as predicted. I have read nothing that makes me think it's anything more than weather take it or leave it

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't know, it was the same temperature here last week. It is not the coldest day in twenty years here. I think they are blowing the whole thing up. I guess the media counts on us not remembering things and believing that what they say applies to all of us. It only got to 18 below zero F here today, nothing unusual for January. We even had it colder last month, now having it twenty below in the beginning of December for a few days is unusual.

This thing has been all hyped up. I don't think the kids should be going to school when it is twenty below, they can freeze walking to school or waiting for the bus. I also don't think people should work all day outside in this weather.

Does anyone else think it is crazy that people can't go to the store in February and buy winter clothes. I think the whole system is screwed up.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What... like you lot did with the Philipines hurricane?

What about the 70's and 80's when all the governments(that you're so eager to believe, like a good little subject of the state) told us we're having 'global cooling' and scientists said we're heading for a new ice age? what about that famous Time magazine front cover?

What about NASA reports and other reports from different climate models conflicting with yet other climate models? What about the fact that the earth stopped warming in '97? What about the obvious agenda of carbon taxes and the enviomental fascists of the Club of Rome and their 'Global Revolution' white paper/Agenda 21? No.... no conspiracy here. Nope. Scientists of the ipcc couldn't be telling porkies. No. NO SIR! What about thier funding tho? What about things like 'Climate Gate' ?

Apparently the climates of the other planets in our solar system don't change either. Or did our opwn climate during the period of the Roman Empire, the middle ages, the Victorian period in Britian with the Thams freezing over, etc No....don't let facts get in the way of a good agenda.
edit on 6-1-2014 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One thing that happens with more heat in the atmosphere (and oceans) is that temperature swings become more severe. So while it might be very cold in one place, it can and usually is also, very hot in another. Averaging out all the extremes will still show a net increase in temperature.

Some people just dont get it... but local whether is NOT a reliable indicator of global climate.

Why thats so difficult to grasp for so many is beyond me, but whatever.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Mamatus
Al Gore is a hypocrite with a personal agenda but he is a very smart guy. Deniers on the other hand are not smart at all. It takes a real kook to ignore Climate Change.

Actually, it takes a real kook to think humans can do anything to affect climate change in a significant way. There is no man made global warming…it’s a HOAX.

The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change recently released a report that doesn’t find much evidence of “climate change” or “global warming” based on human activity, but nevertheless rushes to assure readers that the problem is still serious. Not so fast, says the Heartland Institute and the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change it supports:

“Whereas the reports of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warn of a dangerous human effect on climate, NIPCC concludes the human effect is likely to be small relative to natural variability, and whatever small warming is likely to occur will produce benefits as well as costs,” the non-governmental panel announced, rolling out a hefty report with a succinct “summary for policymakers” to back up their claim.
LINK

Suckers!

…Walks away shaking head…

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

HanzHenry
Nuclear Winter?

While Fuku may not be sending any material to the Artic there is a ton of industrial soot that has made it there. This soot makes black spots on the ice that absorb heal and starts melting holes in the ice.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
In the meantime:

2013 Hottest Year Ever in Australia

2012 Hottest Year Ever in USA

Here is a little info on why a warming planet can cause extreme temperatures, such as the cold weather in the US right now. Link

As the Arctic region warms faster than most other places, however, the Arctic sea ice melts more rapidly and for longer periods each year, and is unable to replenish itself in the briefer, warmer winter season. This can destabilize the polar vortex and raises the barometric pressure within it.

For two winter seasons (2009/2010 and 2010/2011), the polar vortex was notably unstable. In addition, another measurement of barometric pressure—the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO)—was in negative mode, weakening part of the barometric pressure "fence" around the polar vortex. This instability allows the cold Artic air to break free and flow southward, where it collides with warmer, moisture-laden air. This collision can produce severe winter weather in some regions and leave milder conditions in other parts of the northern hemisphere.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

roadgravel

Normal weather cycles probably can't be measured in only 20 years.
edit on 1/6/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

but somehow one cold winter is all it takes for people to ridicule global warming?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The stupidest part about Global warming, is not if its real or not.

Its the thought, that if there is no consequences than we don't have to be good stewards of our planet.

It is insanity to continue to pollute the planet the way we are whether it has long term consequence like Global warming or not, we should still take good care of this place.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

It's getting warmer

Or you would rather latch on to a weather event and wildly extrapolate to predict an ice age? That seems to be the preferred path of corporate propaganda. It's foolish, but many people who can't understand science, yield to these manipulations. The polar vortex is being knocked off it's axis of rotation by warming. It just happened to hit North America this year. A few years ago it was Europe. The polar vortexes should be increasingly unpredictable, asymmetrical and have less sway in the global system.

BTW, the Earth's ice content is at a low for the last 500,000 years. I understand people have varying critical thinking ability. IMO you got short changed. I would send an urgent letter to God or Santa to get that upgraded.

Although I agree with the fact that we are getting climate change, 15 or more years of temperatures trending downwards seems to be an indicator of travel towards a mini ice age.

To another poster, in order to force cold air south all one has to do is break the cyclone effect by heating the atmosphere. It seems to me that billions of watts injected by HAARP could do just that. I am not saying that is the case but... cause and effect.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

benrl
The stupidest part about Global warming, is not if its real or not.

Its the thought, that if there is no consequences than we don't have to be good stewards of our planet.

It is insanity to continue to pollute the planet the way we are whether it has long term consequence like Global warming or not, we should still take good care of this place.

I fully agree, we do need to take care of this planet. However it would seem that even though there in many cases is effective personal responsibility, there is little corporate responsibility. Corporations expect us to eat where they sh**t and that is not the way things should work.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join