It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Whaling "Research"?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You might have thought that there was enough happening in the deep Southern Ocean without adding to the media frenzy?

Well the Japs have just been caught out again by the Sea Shepherds, this time taking what would appear to be 4 Minke Whales within the International no take zone or Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary.

What sort of research are these butchers up to that justifies taking whales in the sanctuary and claim exemption in the process.

This is the same country that butchers dolphins remember.

If it wasn't for the Sea Shepherds and their helicopter we would not even know what these inscrutable orientalise were doing down there.

So, what research people, justifies the taking of the whales?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
they do "research" every year with press realize and all, sea sheppard does nothing else than self promoting

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Indigent
sea sheppard does nothing else than self promoting

Self promoting... I don't see anyone else trying to stop the jap's killing whale's.

Shame on you .

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

To be realistic, this is hardly a new problem, or a new question.

The problem with proving that these whaling operations are anything more than thinly veiled money making schemes, is that the ships which currently capture and kill the whales, are owned by nebulous tendrils of holding companies and fronts, and some of them are not even owned by the Japanese. Furthermore, one would assume that the product that comes from these whales is being distributed, and that money is being made somewhere, by someone. However, so tangled are the various ownerships of the ships, it is well nigh impossible to account for the whereabouts of, and the money earned from the products gained from the operations.

There are companies which are allegedly based in the US, Canada, the UK, and many other nations, which have some level of ownership of one or more ships, or are part of a network of what are essentially shell companies. Tracking ownership of these companies to the real puppet masters behind them is not practically possible because of the amount of round the houses crap that one would have to do to make it happen. The long and short of it is, that only a national intelligence organisation would have the resources to achieve it, and they none of them have the man power and the time to do so, what with them being involved in the important business of preventing espionage and terror attacks, not to mention international criminal investigations into assassinations, drug smuggling with the intent to undermine governments, and so on and so forth.

Its a crying shame, and we all know it is bogus, but the tendrils which keep this activity from being curtailed are many, powerful and carefully hidden.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Indigent
they do "research" every year with press realize and all, sea sheppard does nothing else than self promoting

You didnt answer the OPs question

What research are they doing that they need to take whales from a no take zone?

But you brought up a good point

Why do they need to take whales every year for this "research"?
I was under the impression that the Japanese were quite clever, are they so inept that they keep messing up their research? Perhaps their dogs are eating the results

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

www.abc.net.au...

shame on me, sorry Australia dint self promoted enough

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

the "" in research should be evidence its not research for me

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Can't tell you how much I simply hate Paul Watson, he's a degenerate feeding on attention.
And as a man that has spent many years at sea I find it despicable to see these idiots putting sailors lives at risk.

Anyone that has faced arctic/antarctic conditions know that this is a dangerous place to be.

I worked on "Sofie" that was sunk at harbour by these degenerates, my friends could have been killed.

Yeah, let's value whales lives over humans

My sympathy goes to the Japanese sailors.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Some people got together and figured a way to make money doing what they like to do. They probably get funding from the Japanese government to make the government look like it is concerned. It is all about money and coverups.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Indigent

the "" in research should be evidence its not research for me

LOL

Apologies

But you did bring up a great point that the OP should have included, why the need for "research" every year if it is in fact genuine research and not "research"?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Suggesting the Japanese are whaling for research is like suggesting Gov't surveillance is purely for protection against terrorism?

The world is run by a Col Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
edit on 6-1-2014 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

To be clear, Japan does bad for killing whales, Australia and new Zealand are trying to stop it with legal means even when the whaling is not done in their territorial waters Sea Shepard are douches, stop giving publicity to these pirates

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Indigent

To be clear, Japan does bad for killing whales, Australia and new Zealand are trying to stop it with legal means even when the whaling is not done in their territorial waters Sea Shepard are douches, stop giving publicity to these pirates

Why are they douches?
Seems to me like they are doing something good

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I LOVE whales and dolphins, especially dolphins.

And these sick bastards butcher them every year. Throw these people to the sharks.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Here is what I don't get...
There seems to be only One whaling fleet comprised of several ships. The sea Shepherd fleet has several ships.

The combined expenses of both fleets must be astronomical. Why wouldn't the Sea Shepherd group just offer to pay the whaling fleet not to whale?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

tinner07
There seems to be only One whaling fleet comprised of several ships. The sea Shepherd fleet has several ships.

The combined expenses of both fleets must be astronomical. Why wouldn't the Sea Shepherd group just offer to pay the whaling fleet not to whale?

What kind of attention do you get from solving a problem? Better to risk the lives of your crew and that of other sailors...
That's what makes good entertainment.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by carabao

Wish I felt for ya, I don't.

Paul Watson has more balls in his little finger than do 99.9% of us that spew about wanting change. We wait for it, he does it. He risks his life and his freedom to do so. He is truly a Man amongst men and I tip my hat to him.

Does he self promote? you bet. That's how he gets the money to fight the pukes that would kill off entire species given the opportunity. Not just whales but dolphins and sharks on the protection list as well. The world has no more room for serial killers.

Unlike subsistence hunters like the Inuit the Japanese do not need the food source. In fact it is not even liked by most of the folks in Japan.

He is in fact much nicer than I am. Given the opportunity I would sink each and every one of those vessels and ALL the people on them and I would do so without a single regret.

Here is a nifty little secret about me, I filmed one of the first videos (and gave it to National Geographic) that showed Dolphins being pulled into tuna nets and killed. This required significant SCUBA skills and a fair bit of risk for myself and my small team. Had I been seen on the edges of the nets there is no doubt in my mind they would have shot me, just like the dolphins that were still alive....

That video caused so much uproar that fisherman had to change their methods and there is now a "Dolphin Safe" designation on quality tuna. Was it just me? No. But I tell ya it is one of the greatest things I have ever done.

To top that off, I could give a crap about the Japanese, they plunder the seas with reckless abandon and are responsible for more illegal fishing than any other five nations combined. IMO they are a rude and selfish people as a whole. Just look at Fukushima and their level of denial... Sure there are exceptions, mostly amongst the youth so there is some hope for their future.

Pulling on my flame proof undies cause this post is gonna piss off the rightys.....

edit on 6-1-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The sea shepherd and their captain are going to get someone killed.

They are only allowed to kill so many whales for research, so what if they are researching
different ways to cook, eat and prepare?
They should be able to reasonably kill x amount of whales
for food. It is no ones business if they want to eat whales.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

tinner07

Millions a year for a payoff forever vs. running them out of business. Yup that's gonna happen.

I have an easier solution. It involves some cold water diving gear. Or for the most justice a trained dolphin that can attach a mine to each ship.......

I would send all the whaling ships and their crews to Davy Jones.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

starfoxxx
The sea shepherd and their captain are going to get someone killed.

They are only allowed to kill so many whales for research, so what if they are researching
different ways to cook, eat and prepare?
They should be able to reasonably kill x amount of whales
for food. It is no ones business if they want to eat whales.

It's no ones business if I want to kill and eat you either. Other than it is illegal. Oh wait, so is whaling inside a whale sanctuary....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join