It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that people who have the most complain the most????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Why is it that people who have the most in life also tend to complain the most????
And those who tend to have the least in life often complain the least???

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Because those who have the most have more to lose and so complain to make sure they keep it.
Sad I know but it is human nature.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Because they have more time to think, while the others are too busy working to be complaining.
edit on 6/1/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Im with you but with a twist:

The more 'life' you have the more you want, everyone else life seems better and it is really unfair.

People who dont have much, we do strive for more but we know what we have is all we need and feel little to know need to complain (although we do)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Because they have "more" to lose. Those who go without, when they do get something and than lose it, they simply shrug it off. Easy come, easy go.

If you are accustomed to going without having lost something is inconsequential because it's really just more of the same and in fact likely expected. Although I have worked hard for what I have over the past 15 years, i can easily walk away from all of it today, tomorrow or whenever. Yet, I know people who didn't earn anything they have and are the least likely to even share it with you.
edit on 6-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Because the ones who have the most have often sold their soul to get it, and that can turn out to be a b*tch.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I don't actually believe that's true.

Just people that have the most like to self hate more than any other demographic as far as I can tell. Poor people can talk your ears off just as much as anyone else. So can lost Brazilian tribes people. The only real difference is well of people have plenty of time to put their complaints on the internet or youtube. That's about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The people who have the most have the most to lose. They do not want their way of life to be negatively effected. The poor complain about not having things they really need. In today's world the poor have been BSed into believing their wants are their needs. They are conditioned to believe a good cable package or super fast internet is necessary. The bills that are least important have become their status symbol, and they pay for these while cutting back on the quality foods. They have also been conditioned to desire expensive foods and run out of money instead of budgeting their food money. Consumerism at it's finest, a cell phone with internet access is more important than eating well.

People desire to look good to others. They will spend two hundred bucks on a pair of shoes because they have been conditioned to believe that shoes make a person. How do we end this deception? People can not see they have been deceived. Even the young have been conditioned that eyeliner is needed to fit into the world. The problem is that there are so many kids and adults that think it is true that it is becoming reality. This is the saddest and sickest conditioning of all, a young kid from a family who is striving to survive needs to have eyeliner to feel adequate. We need to put a stop to these kind of things. Peer pressure has gotten out of hand. I would rather see a woman without all that crap on her face. Why disguise who you are? Why do we think deception is more important than honesty.

Sorry for getting a little off topic. S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There are two types of people in the OP, those who have everything but want more, or those who have everything but don't want any of it.

The second comes when materialism is the focal point when the person is distressed emotionally, yet nobody notices, so they no longer want the material things. At that point, they give EVERYTHING away, not even keeping what they need.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They don't complain any more necessarily....it's just that nobody hears or cares about poor people complaining.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
'But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.' - Luke 6:24

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

spartacus699
Why is it that people who have the most in life also tend to complain the most????

you got any statistics to back that claim

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

spartacus699

I'm not so sure that's true.
I know people with 'a lot' who are complainers.
I know people with 'a lot' who are polyannas and don't complain at all.
Same with people I know who don't have much.
I know a lot of them who complain. And I know a lot who do not.

Having 'a lot' is kind of subjective.

I'm middle class (at the moment). I consider us to 'have a lot' even though
America as a whole probably wouldn't say that we do.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Based on my experience with people in all walks of life including myself, I think generally speaking people who are poor complain the least.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It is not about material wealth, it is about attitude. It is about self image and self importance. Perhaps the people you pay attention to are the ones you are jealous of???

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

spartacus699
Based on my experience with people in all walks of life including myself, I think generally speaking people who are poor complain the least.

It seems like you are complaining now, would you consider yourself having a lot or a little of what it is you consider quantifiable?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Those who have little tend to be grateful for what they have.

Those who have much tend to want more.

The concept of having power and material are closely related.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

seaez

spartacus699

It seems like you are complaining now, would you consider yourself having a lot or a little of what it is you consider quantifiable?

I know what it's like to have money and no money.

new topics

top topics

join