It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the hardest place in the world to visit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

S+F, great thread

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1888

Thanks....and to you too, well, star anyway.........I'm feeling happy!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

CaptainBeno

I can't help think about James Bond and a "Evil Henchman" on this island. Promoting ideas about "the evil visitors" and "you must kill them all" "They will take everything from you".

That thought crossed my mind as well. Or, they may be protecting something, like King Kong or Pandoras Box...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
well, you just never know what got washed up or wrecked in the past do you?

Holy grail..............anyone?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sepermeru

Hmmm.. Pretty sure homicidal mania and the threat to any living thing coming too close to a whole island isn't tolerated anywhere else in the world.

If you think homicidal mania isn't tolerated in this world, I...well, I already know you don't think that, cos you's bright 'n sitch, so I'll check the sarcasm at the virtual door, but really, give that a second thought for a moment.

Anyhow I wasn't defending it as an ethical good or a well-planned strategy. I just meant to point out that it wasn't unprovoked, and it's not impossible to understand from their perspective. They're doing on a small and very individual scale what every global power has to do, by definition, on a large and impersonal scale.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Nice I was thinking of doing this thread earlier when it popped up on my daily news reads.

I find it amazing they survived a tsunami and probably many more....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

thekaboose
Honestly the saddest part of all of this, even without the rest of the world interfering with them; It is only a matter of time before they die out. This will not be to lack of resources or med's, it will be due to inbreeding causing more and more issues in the community

I can't find it at the moment (or actually any data on it) but I remember reading once, oddly enough in my religion texts in high school (went to a catholic school) that the minimum population for humans is 32 in order to maintain enough genetic diversity however that's with controlled mating. At the lower bound of 50, with what we can only assume isn't mating practices designed to minimize genetic defects they may be in trouble, however if the upper estimate of 150 following the Tsunami is accurate they're probably ok.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Imagine all the things we could learn about prehistory from these folks, i bet their oral history goes back AGES. But it really is best to leave them to their own devices, and choose whether or not to assimilate, or atleast send us an ambassador to learn from.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2014 by jihadoflove because I went spaztic, sorry
edit on 7-1-2014 by jihadoflove because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I selfishly was thinking the same thing...I studied geography in college and I know the importance for them to remain their own people but man what a great trip that would be especially if they took to you and showed you around...what an adventure. I lover learning about new cultures and I had no clue these people existed. Great thread...so when we going?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Aleister

Auricom
reply to post by Aleister

And what do they eat??? Tree fruits and nuts? Root vegetables?

And... a LOT of seafood.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Man it would be tempting to send in nano technology drones in shape of bugs and critters to observe their culture without intruding.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Since reading this thread I have been fascinated with this island and its people, I was looking on google earth and trying to follow a path from the beach but can see nothing. Near the wreck on the north side on the beach looks like some sort of gathering place maybe standing stones? I think 40 is a small estimate of the population as the island is so big, also in most pics online there is 10+ people. Would a full quarter of the population of the island be in the one area at the same time on an island this size? I dont think so anyway. Also I wonder what the orgy infront of the visitors was like, wish the ladies would run out the bushes and start an orgy where I live haha... infact maybe not
again great thread o.p just wish I could have a spear chucked at my helicopter for laffs.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

There was a doc on bbc last week. (Dolphins) there is also a thread on here about it "teen dolphins get high" or something like that.

they used robo turtle, he was awesome. Robo dolphin (sub), robo tuna he swims fast and some thing in a shell. All with HD cameras these could be useful and respect their space (stay out of arrow range)

I wanna go now

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My goodness what an intriguing story, thanks for sharing as I had no idea of this places existence. Makes you wonder if they're protecting anything ancient/other-worldly within the deep jungles of the island? S&F!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wild man.

I wonder if anyone was able to get any samples of their DNA. I would like to know if 60,000 years of separation makes them unique from the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Yes! Great Idea!

Spy tech used to study instead of direct contact. Why hasn't anyone thought of that yet?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
One tribe ... 60,000 years ... puh-lease!!

Let's call 'em Sentinels too. That'll make 'em sound soooo cooooool!!!

No ... I don't want to visit. Sorry. My neighbor is more likely to offer up a beer if I simply walk next door.

Very interesting STORY. Very interesting remarks by the thread's participants.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Why do you hate Christianity so intensely? There are loads more inconsistencies in any other philosophy than Christianity, yet you decide to go off topic to attack it in this thread. You don't just make the point that Christians are commanded to preach the gospel to the whole earth but you mock our prophet, saviour and king. Furthermore you mock a revered prophet of Islam as well. Muslims also believe Jesus will return. Your post was making a valid point in an ignorant and mocking manner.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

ugie1028
Wild man.

I wonder if anyone was able to get any samples of their DNA. I would like to know if 60,000 years of separation makes them unique from the rest of us.

There is no way that only 250 people could interbreed for 60,000 years and still remain viable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join