It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desert Cross, Symbols of The Knights of Templar Unearthed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Artifacts, lead crosses and ceremonial objects, were discovered under 6 feet of cement desert outside of Tucson, Arizona.

Thomas Bent and his WWI buddy unearthed these artifacts in 1924, which could be some of the most historically significant artifacts found in America to date, according to Scott Wolter, a forensic geologist. He discusses these artifacts, and shows how he proved their authenticity on the t.v. show, America Unearthed.

One of the artifacts shows the Cross of Lorraine, which is a symbol of the Knights Templar.
Another inscription shows the date of AD 800, which suggests these objects are 1,200 years old.

But, how did they end up in the desert of Arizona?

The inscriptions suggests that these relics were used by a religious group of refugees that were part of an organization that later spawn the Templars.
Around the eighth or ninth century this group was being persecuted in Southern France by Muslims coming from the Mediterranean area. That was their motivation to cross the Atlantic and flee to America around the year 1362.

The Exxon sign, designed by Raymond Loewy, clearly shows the Cross of Lorraine. The red and white colors are the colors of the Knights Templar, and the blue suggests they came across the water to get here.
Loewy is rumored to be a Free Mason, and the Free Masons are modern day Knights Templar.

lunaticoutpost.com...

The rectangular Exxon logo with the blue strip at the bottom and red lettering with the two "X's" interlinked together was designed by noted industrial stylist Raymond Loewy. The interlinked "X's" are incorporated in the modern-day ExxonMobil corporate logo, but the original Exxon sign continues for marketing efforts and station signage. It can be argued that the two X's are a modified version of the Cross of Lorraine.

The Cross of Lorraine is a symbol of mid-evil Knights Order of the first crusades, and continues to this day.

edit on 1/6/2014 by sled735 because: friggin' typo!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

sled735
One of the artifacts shows the Cross of Lorraine, which is a symbol of the Knights of Templar.
Another inscription shows the date of AD 800, which suggests these objects are 12,000 years old.

We're in the year 12,800AD?

HOW LONG WAS I ASLEEP FOR????

p.s. cool find

edit on 6-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This leads to more confusion for me, I have come to believe that the knights templar, may have actually been working towards the good of the people of the world. This is why they stood up to the oppressive monarchies/catholic church, and barely escaped the persecution that came down upon them.

This much makes sense and I believed this to be true after hearing about the kensington rune. Well worth the listen is Scott Wolters theory on it.

www.redicecreations.com...

So I have begun to see them as a benevolent force in the world, and this lead to the confusion of the EXXON involvement, which as a part of that Rockefellar Multinational crime syndicate would counter the previous held belief. So this leads me to theorize further that this uniquely evil Cabal, could possibly have it roots traced back to the very same people who persecuted the knights templar all those centuries ago, and have now followed them and destroyed their image and possibly stolen their symbols? I love the mysteries of this crazy little planet!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

That's what Scott Wolter said in the video. Or, maybe I misunderstood. Watch the film; it's very interesting. If I goofed about the time, please correct me.

But... there is the possibility you were abducted by aliens and are just now being returned.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

iRoyalty

sled735
One of the artifacts shows the Cross of Lorraine, which is a symbol of the Knights of Templar.
Another inscription shows the date of AD 800, which suggests these objects are 12,000 years old.

p.s. cool find

Oops! I see what I did. It was 12 hundred, not 12 thousand. I had one too many zeros! Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Fixed!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Allow me to refer your enjoyment to This Review of America Unearthed - Desert Cross.

Something that may not be readily apparent is that Scott Wolter's America Unearthed is an agenda ridden vehicle to press his Revisionist History ideals in impressing upon the gullible a White Aryan Templar canvas depicting a Holy-Grail-as-descendent-of-Christ ala the DaVinci Code in America.

One of the Crosses has a Dinosaur Drawn it.
A Dinosaur!

The Latin is also quite horribly atrocious.

The "Artifacts" portrayed in this episode are fakes.

The whole thing with caliche' requiring hundreds of years to reach such a state is complete rubbish. These things could have been buried, let sit for only a year, and then excavated.
Further, the so-called artifacts were buried willy-nilly with one even found conspicuously sticking out of the ground to mark the location of such interesting 'treasure' while the rest had to be dug for, excavated, and discovered one by one at various depths.

Right.

edit on 1/6/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Mr. Wolter said it had to be a lizard because of the forked tongue. A dinosaur doesn't have a forked tongue.

Thank you for your personal opinion, as usual, Alice. You may leave now, and allow the members to watch the video and decide for themselves. It shows in the video, right before our very eyes, how these relics are classified as being authentic!

Allow me to walk you to the door, this way please ---------------------->

edit on 1/6/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

A Lizard!?

Really? Please explain the contextual importance for anyone drawing a lizard?

Allow me to refer back to the review I linked:

We return to the bad drawing of a stereotypical early twentieth century image of an Apatosaurus (brontosaurus) or diplodocus, and Wolter declares that the forked tongue makes it a lizard. No lizard looks like this, with a humped back, tapering tale, and long neck, and the drawing is, to my artistic eye, quite obviously a modern forgery made by someone with as little knowledge of biology as he or she had of Latin.

Here's also an Update to that, WITH PICTURES
further, from that update:

... many people of the early twentieth century believed dinosaurs had forked tongues and therefore would have faked a dinosaur drawing in just such a way. First, let’s remember that dinosaurs were thought in those days to be giant lizards, which would have shared reptilian characteristics with lizards, including forked tongues. Second, paleontologists hadn’t yet clearly separated the various types of large lizard-like creatures into true dinosaurs, large sea creatures, pterosaurs, etc., so all of these long-necked, long-tailed monsters were seen as closely related.

I encourage some research and education as opposed to simply swallowing something whole just because it's something one wants or likes to hear.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

sled735

That's what Scott Wolter said in the video. Or, maybe I misunderstood. Watch the film; it's very interesting. If I goofed about the time, please correct me.

But... there is the possibility you were abducted by aliens and are just now being returned.

Haha I have wondered when my people would come back for me

I can't watch the video because I'm at work, can you give me a quick run down of it please?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

sled735
But, how did they end up in the desert of Arizona?

Someone dropped something really old, not so long ago.

It could have happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

No, I'm sorry, there is too much to cover. But I'll give a compressed version:

Mr. Wolter speaks with the grandson of the man who discovered these relics in 1924 while out on an excavation hunt. He shows pictures of his grandfather with the relics, tests are preformed to conclude the age of the relics, inscriptions are deciphered, and the final conclusion is reached that they are authentic.

The video is worth the watch when you have time.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The artifacts are a fake i saw the show was very excited at first then well the show went on and the story became harder to believe .So after I looked into it because you might say im fascinated by the Knights Templar. So having an artifact that shows any version of them around 300 years early interested me but alas they didnt exist. Here take a look at this there was alot they didnt tell you on the show. Like whoever wrote the inscriptions in latin didnt know latin it was copied from books. The inscription of the dinosaur really a lizard somebody really needs to show me that one. And as far as AD up until the 14th century they used regal years. For example you heard the term in the year of our lord. So it would say the fourth year of our lord Charlemagne for example. Now the idea of AD was started earlier but no one ever used it because it was more of dating for biblical records by scholars started by Dionysius exiguus in 525. So he could say abraham was alice at so and so BC. But wasnt used for calendars at all since people just didnt base time off of Jesus.

www.jasoncolavito.com...
edit on 1/6/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Two people saying the show is a fake, and both give the same link.

I don't know how you can say they are fake when he does the tests right on camera to prove they are real.

Are you sure this guy doesn't have some kind of agenda against this show? Can you prove it? Is he the only one coming forward to debunk it?

Seems if this were all fake there would be plenty of others chomping at the bit to discredit it.

His son researched to see if AD was used during that time period, and it was.

edit on 1/6/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Never mind, sorry.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elementalgrove

This is why they stood up to the oppressive monarchies/catholic church, and barely escaped the persecution that came down upon them.

You seem to be confused on the subject. The Templars where part of the Roman Church and supportive of Monarchies up until the King of France at the time forced the Pope to disband them as Heretics permitting the crown to renege on its debts, and take possession of their holdings and also to get someone to blame and burn (circus and bread).

I also find other things mentioned on the series (that I have a scientific distaste for I might say as the methods used and the conclusion most of the time are crazy in face of the science presented in the show, History Channel quality) disconcerting, like claiming that there was a precursor to the Templars has no historic basis.

There are many interesting things regarding the Templars but most of the claims in the show about them is just wrong or badly stated.

Now if you think of the Masons then you are correct (and there is a link in the symbolism and probably history between the two). Masonry does in deed oppose the Roman Church and State with the intent to advance humanistic goals but at the same time it is mostly a cover for usurpation of power for their own members. In fact you can find many examples of Masonic abuses and subversion, they are normally blamed in the corruption of some lodge or rite.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Interesting thread! S&F!

I don't know much about this topic, but it's interesting to see how the symbology is still used today. I wonder just how many logos are out there that we never realize is part of some kind of Order, or Cult?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

sled735
The Cross of Lorraine is a symbol of mid-evil Knights Order of the first crusades, and continues to this day.

Where they actually just sort of evil or did you mean medieval?

Will watch the show though, always nice with history stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

iRoyalty

sled735

p.s. cool find

A VERY Long time!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

sled735
reply to post by dragonridr

Two people saying the show is a fake, and both give the same link.

I don't know how you can say they are fake when he does the tests right on camera to prove they are real.

Are you sure this guy doesn't have some kind of agenda against this show? Can you prove it? Is he the only one coming forward to debunk it?

Seems if this were all fake there would be plenty of others chomping at the bit to discredit it.

His son researched to see if AD was used during that time period, and it was.

Why are people linking to relevant material?

Could it perhaps be because someone has ALREADY done extensive research on all the points already covered in the broadcast of this Television Entertainment presented as fact which is far far and away from such?

1996: Geologist Confirms Tuscon Artifacts Fake, Caliche Formed in Just "Hours"

The link additionally references the exact book passages plagiarized.

The new information I received proves conclusively that (a) the inscriptions are crude forgeries and (b) the objects’ caliche covering was faked.

Additionally, there's a wealth of references to other previous investigations and reference material on these HOAX items.

Thing is, this has ALREADY been debunked, and it's been debunked SEVERAL TIMES over, but, fringe folk sensationalists and historical revisionists love to keep digging these things up and presenting them as fact in completely ignoring everything and everyone coming before that's ruled these as fakes.

Tucson Artifacts - wiki

Manier took the first artifact to the Arizona State Museum to be studied by archaeologist Karl Ruppert. Ruppert was impressed with the artifact, and went with Manier to the site the next day where he found a 7 pounds (3.2 kg) caliche plaque with some inscriptions including an 800 AD date. A total of thirty-one artifacts were found. Other contemporary scholars including George C. Valliant, a Harvard University archaeologist who visited the University of Arizona in 1928 and Dr. Bashford Dean, curator of arms and armor of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City thought the artifacts were fakes, Neil Merton Judd, curator of the National Museum at the Smithsonian Institution happened to be in Tucson at the time of the discovery of the artifacts and, after examining them, also thought they were fakes, proposing that they may have been created by "some mentally incompetent individual with a flair for old Latin and the wars of antiquity"

One, of course, is entirely at liberty to completely ignore anything contrary to what one wants to believe.
An honest and objective person, however, would look at all the evidence presented and use such data to come to a logical conclusion.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by sled735

And as far as AD up until the 14th century they used regal years. For example you heard the term in the year of our lord. So it would say the fourth year of our lord Charlemagne for example. Now the idea of AD was started earlier but no one ever used it because it was more of dating for biblical records by scholars started by Dionysius exiguus in 525. So he could say abraham was alice at so and so BC. But wasnt used for calendars at all since people just didnt base time off of Jesus.

www.jasoncolavito.com...
edit on 1/6/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Anno Domini is Medieval Latin, translated as In the year of the Lord, which is where AD comes from. It was not widely popular to use until after the year 800. So, while not widely popular, it is still possible more were using it just prior to the year 800.
edit on 6-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join