It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's ex-defense minister: Aliens would give us more tech if we'd stop wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I tried to do a search but nothing came up. I just randomly searched for a Google search and somehow landed on this website.

LINK

Paul Hellyer, who has long insisted that aliens have visited Earth for many years, says that when aliens saw the atomic bomb they decided that we were a great threat to the cosmos.

HE SAYS ALIENS ARE BOUND BY CODE OF CONDUCT.

Hellyer is perhaps less convincing about his own experience with UFOs. He claims to have seen one, but when asked what it was like he said: "It just looks like a star."
He added: "The Star of Bethlehem is one of God's flying saucers."

Hellyer used to believe that there were between 2 and 12 different species of alien. Now, he says he's received reports that there might be as many as 80.

What's perhaps most interesting to our self-centered species is that some of them apparently look just like us. Indeed, he claimed that two alien ladies went to Las Vegas to shop dressed as nuns and no one was any the wiser.

Thoughts?

AAC
edit on 6-1-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I really don't know about him. Sometimes I think he's been reading every thread on ATS and turned of his BS filter, or perhaps he just has dementia.

I think if world leaders knew there was boundless tech out there from an alien race the least they would do is make an attempt to trick them into being a benevolent race so they could get their hands on it.

Or are the aliens telepaths?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Thoughts?

Oh,brother!

No wonder people who are open to ET's are viewed as crazy and gullible!

The whole subject is as controversial as religion now- and just as confusing.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I also considered early stage dementia but he is far too alert and "on point' for lack of a better word.

I found it interesting his claims that the French bought the UFO story so that it didn't circulate. Yes, I do think that he is making to much of his evidence about what ATS would consider talking points.

But he was the defense minister. That has to account for something, right?

Anyway, maybe we are at the point where we wouldn't even believe it when disclosure happened. Some of us would need an Alien to walk right up to us and jump inside our head before we'd believe (not that I'd let them).

AAC

AAC

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

nugget1

Thoughts?

Oh,brother!

Searching for your point... can't find it.

AAC

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

"There's aliens on venus and mars and the aliens have this 'federation' which has rules that keeps them from interacting with us…" etc, etc. (paraphrased)

Okay, starting to think he's just been watching too much Star Trek and late night 50s movies. And possibly he has a mental illness which doesn't allow him to question information he takes in.

edit on 6-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

But he was the defense minister. That has to account for something, right?

Not really. Look at how any world leaders are complete morons. Nature of politics this day & age. Didn't George W claim that god told him to bomb Iraq?

"I run the most powerful country in the world, yet I believe in flying spaghetti monsters so long as it helps my personal goals in political life…"

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'
edit on 6-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I've always thought aliens look like us, it explains why there's nothing similar to us on Earth.

I can believe the Bethlehem star, god is an astronaut hit the nail on the head. Just like Moses Chariot of fire.

But I dont think they'd give us tech if we stopped wars.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation

nugget1

Thoughts?

Oh,brother!

Searching for your point... can't find it.

AAC

Sorry you couldn't find my point.

People like him go a long way to discredit the UFO phenomenon.Aliens dressed as nuns on a shopping trip?! That goes beyond hard to believe.

He says he's read a 'lot' of books, and now believes we're being visited- in fact, they live among us!

Don't know about you, but I've never met anyone of such a benevolent nature that I would question their place of origin.

Now we're up to 80 species of aliens infiltrating us? Does he by any chance have a book coming out, seeing as he's so credible and all!

My point is, to me he appears to be another shill muddying the waters. He may even have received a handsome sum to do so.

By the way; I have experienced several sightings of flying craft that are not known to be of earthly technology. I'm just not going to be an easy sell on them being of some other entity than our own military.

My point
edit on 100000011America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

South Park did a good one about an alien fed as well, And they have an ET in every scene or something like that

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Well I will say this... there was a time in the not too distant past where UFO conspiracists would have loved for a country's defense minister to go on a live news channel and talk about the existence of aliens.

Maybe we do need them to make themselves know to all of us before we can believe any one person- no matter who they are.

AAC

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

nugget1

People like him go a long way to discredit the UFO phenomenon.Aliens dressed as nuns on a shopping trip?! That goes beyond hard to believe.

Perhaps it does. But isn't the entire category of alien already outside the scope of traditional belief structure? Once you get passed that, crazy is just crazy, lacking of a subculture ranking system.

He says he's read a 'lot' of books, and now believes we're being visited- in fact, they live among us!

Its just like MIB, they got their alien leads by national enquirer. Where else would you look to find truths to corroborate what little you know.

Now we're up to 80 species of aliens infiltrating us? Does he by any chance have a book coming out, seeing as he's so credible and all!

This is now just cynicism.

My point is, to me he appears to be another shill muddying the waters. He may even have received a handsome sum to do so.

Useless conjecture to eliminate any chance for you to consider it objectively anymore.

By the way; I have experienced several sightings of flying craft that are not known to be of earthly technology. I'm just not going to be an easy sell on them being of some other entity than our own military.

The entire spectrum of alien encounter is more than your experiences. There is more than what you have come to know, you know?

AAC

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Already posted here

Sorry, but closing

new topics

top topics

join