It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law is going to be easy to execute.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This thought is probably braindeadedly obvious just to mention on a website like this one (I am certainly talented at stating the totally obvious among the vastly informed), but it's fascinatingly new to me:

After much mulling this evening over the subject of police militarization, as well as the sentiment that Martial Law wouldn't work based on the fact that the real military would be too busy at the stations they're already in, therefore rendering it impractical...I realized that hey, hello, this is why they're turning the police into what it is now, and why they're acting the way they are. It's not an accident... they are a domestic military force, except under a different label.

They're already trained to see the public as enemies. It's already becoming obvious that some would kill without hesitation. And look at how they dress, like soldiers in black. I think the first time I saw a picture of a SWAT team, it took a couple seconds for the 'police' label on their helmets to sink in.

All the government needs to do now is overturn the Posse Comitatus act, officially declare them to be military, and we'll be experiencing what we've all been waiting for (albeit with grimaces). This is sinister...

edit on 6-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Easy is a stretch, possible yes, but I don't think it will be easy.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

All the government needs to do now is overturn the Posse Comitatus act, officially declare them to be military, and we'll be experiencing what we've all been waiting for (albeit with grimaces). This is sinister...

Why would you need to designate an organization with military vehicles, military grade weapons, military training to be military if it can operate stateside as is, like a military, with a police designation?

Also, I highly doubt the US will ever see "Martial Law". I could see, "Exigent Circumstance Law 1093" being created which allows current doublespeak organizations to operate with extra powers, but do not see traditional avenues being implemented.

Since they all have a history.

You know, how "torture" became, "enhanced interrogations".
edit on 6-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's been in the developmental stage for a lot of years, but I never thought I would see it in my lifetime, being a senior citizen and all.

Things have ramped up since the new administration took office, and now I'm pretty sure I will see marshal law enacted in my life.

With the preparations they've made it will be a cake-walk for them, even if they have to stage a false-flag event to do it. And I don't think it will be just the US, either.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

EllaMarina

What evidence do you have that this will ever be done or will be easy to do?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, TPTB do have a way with words, don't they? Acronyms help too. They look too "official" for the average bread-and-circuses partaker to want to scrutinize further, so they readily slip under the radar.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Buttonlip

I have none. This is all speculation based on extrapolation. It's pessimistic, to be sure, but from basic observation, it's hard not to be.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Buttonlip

EllaMarina

What evidence do you have that this will ever be done or will be easy to do?

It's a theory, not a statement of fact.

Also, a very common theory for many that will become fact.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The DHS, Coast Guard, and National Guard and other agencies are not part of PC as it is.

Limited and selective Martial Law would not be difficult.

And maybe some special executive privileges exist that give a President to declare emergencies would allow the regular military to be utilized ?

In 1968, Federal troops were sent into cities for riot control.

Approximately 10,500 police were sent in, and by April 6, more than 6,700 Illinois National Guard troops arrived in Chicago. President Lyndon B. Johnson also sent 5,000 U.S. army troops into the city. The General in charge declared that no one was allowed to have gatherings in the riot areas, and he authorized the use of tear gas. Mayor Richard J. Daley gave police the authority "to shoot to kill any arsonist or anyone with a Molotov cocktail in his hand ... and ... to shoot to maim or cripple anyone looting any stores in our city."

1968 Chicago riots

other cities had Federal Troops also
google; " 1968 riots regular army "

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think if they declare martial law everywhere, we will be seeing a lot of dead cops, and a lot of dead civilians, people won't need to be psychic to be seeing a lot dead people after it begins. Any civ will be a target and anyone with a uniform will be a target. A true SHTF scene. Not good.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Next time you watch a video about Martial Law, have a look at the blank, stone cold, soulless looks on the officers faces. It's like they aren't even in their own bodies. And laugh all you will, but based on my own personal research and opinion, I honestly believe that the officers in black are under a mind control program. Before you laugh, just watch closer the next time you see a Martial Law video at how the officers when filmed up close all seem lifeless, and completely unresponsive to anything said to them by the people filming. But at the first sign of trouble* [trouble, meaning usually started by an agent to give a protest, and/or a cause, a negative reputation], and those same lifeless soldiers then become frothing at the mouth, baton wielding psychopaths in an instant. Almost as if a certain trigger word or sound activated them into kill mode. Just like in mind control programs ?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

EllaMarina
This thought is probably braindeadedly obvious just to mention on a website like this one (I am certainly talented at stating the totally obvious among the vastly informed), but it's fascinatingly new to me:

After much mulling this evening over the subject of police militarization, as well as the sentiment that Martial Law wouldn't work based on the fact that the real military would be too busy at the stations they're already in, therefore rendering it impractical...I realized that hey, hello, this is why they're turning the police into what it is now, and why they're acting the way they are. It's not an accident... they are a domestic military force, except under a different label.

They're already trained to see the public as enemies. It's already becoming obvious that some would kill without hesitation. And look at how they dress, like soldiers in black. I think the first time I saw a picture of a SWAT team, it took a couple seconds for the 'police' label on their helmets to sink in.

Yes, I explained all this in my short story entry.

I have been warning of this for several years now.

And, I provided the solution.

Did you see it?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

jude11

It's a theory, not a statement of fact.

And I am simply asking for anything logical to back that theory up. We can all just make up anything we want. When someone proposes a theory, there needs to be some logic behind it.

Also, a very common theory for many that will become fact.

Peace

Cool, just waiting for someone to present any reason or logic as to why this theory should be entertained or how it could become fact. Did you really not understand what I was asking? You seem defensive. Calm down. I will entertain any theory as long as it has something material behind it. Just spewing random crap without standing behind it does not count.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Custodian

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I think all of the shootings that are going on, recently, are experiments to see how far they can push people. If sandy hook is a false flag, what if it's more than guns? What if it's about preparation. A massive false flag event that will make everyone submit because of the portrayal by the media and how fast information spreads this crap. People just bow to what they're told anymore, government and the media have perfected conformity. It's going to come down to us vs them. Us being anyone who doesn't believe any of the crap being told to us day in and day out, against everyone that believes everything the media and government want them to believe.

We will be terrorists very soon, if not already. There will be no race, there will be no difference between anyone physically or culturally, there will only be difference between ideals and that's when our electors turn on us for good. When it's military men and women against their own within the military because of ideology. I can't speak for all military people, but I can say I know a good bit of soldiers who hate the government after their contract is up for one reason or another.

Hopefully I'm wrong, hopefully all will be well and we will all progress culturally, mentally, and emotionally for the better. That's all you can have anymore, hope. (Oh yeah, some guy that's POTUS ruined that)
edit on 6-1-2014 by AudioGhost because: Wording

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I doubt mind control is going to be used on every officer or soldier.

I believe that blackmail, extortion, and threats will be key as well. Along with mind altering drugs, and psyops.

I have a hard time believing that the NSA is just spying on us to know what we are doing. I have a grim feeling that the NSA and other agencies are gathering information many as a means of control, which also can be tied into the FEMA camps.

It's easy to make someone do something when their loved ones are interned and at the threat of bodily harm or threat. Men and women would kill others to protect the ones they love.

Not to mention, many false flags coming at going to target the gun toating liberty loving patriot. If demonized by the MSM, government, and entertainment industry enough, the sheeple will turn on them.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
We need to remember that 7 of 10 Americans own more than one firearm. When you come right down to it, the militia that can be formed from those 7 of 10 Americans will be rather large. Big congested cities, yea they will go down, it's the outlieing rural areas that we become the bane of their existance. And do not forget these people that are police, sheriff's, military, coast Guard, all are just people like yoy & I. Some have families, families they will protect from all agreessors. We The People will not live under martial law and military style handlers. If you want 2nd American revolution, just start to impliment martial law nation wide. We The People, will rise up and bear arms. It's woven into the fabric of our makeup...fighting back against tyranny.
edit on 6-1-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The majority will go along with it. Look at the aftermath of the Boston marathon. It is just dressed in a different suit.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Assuming "They" let you keep your guns, how would you know whether or not you were under martial law? How would your life be different? What would be the tell-tale signs? What if things got better for you, personally? Would you still resist, or would you collaborate?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you mean martial law in 1-2 cities , sure its possible, but you could not do more than that. So whats the point? If you cant do the entire country, its not worth it. The rest of the nation finds out and now the gig is up. They cant kick off a half a** take over, its all or none.

DId you see what it took to try and lock down that small town after the Boston marathon? They had like 11 different city LEO agencies, plus all the Federal ones, and still did not really have it locked down and this was with the population cooperating for the most part, had they been fighting it, it would not have lasted 30min..... That town was not large either, imagine if they tried that in Boston proper, or say LA,Atlanta, Houston, etc...its just not possible on a grand scale.

I do think its crazy how the local police are gearing up, seems like a waste of a lot of taxpayer money for sure on all that hardware that 99% will never use. But if you notice, most sheriffs and the like are not going down this path really and are trying to stick more to their real roles and not making enemies of the people they serve. National guard are too mixed in with regular family and people to all turn on the public. The older military personnel also would be more likely to say no, its just some of the younger guys that have been molded lately that would even think about shooting innocent civilians.

I just dont see it happening

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join