It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

130 ‘radioactive’ Japanese cars banned from entering Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

More than 130 used cars from Japan were denied access to Russia last year as consumer watchdog agency Rospotrebnadzor remains concerned about the contaminated water leaks at Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant.Strict control of all cargo, arriving from Japan, will continue in 2014 as well, Rospotrebnadzor said on its website.

“In 2013, Russia has banned 165 batches of contaminated goods from entering the country. There were mainly used cars – 132, and spare parts for vehicles – 33,” the statement said.

130 ‘radioactive’ Japanese cars banned from entering Russia

Well I am sure glad that radiation in Japan is not all that bad. (that was sarcasm). In all fairness and to avoid this being a fear monger thread I am going to add the following from the article.
'

The supply of Japanese fish to Russia is currently allowed only under a special declaration that confirms the presence of radioactive substances in the products is within safety standards established by the Customs Union of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. The check hasn’t revealed any fish or other food products that “don’t meet sanitary regulations on radiation indicators,” the agency said.

Personally I think it is just the beginning. But hey that's just me. I am a freak about silly things like nuclear meltdowns.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

So Japan's solution is to ship their radioactive stuff to Russia? Ha, that's pretty good.

I'll say this though, this Fuku mess has me worried. Not for myself so much but for the rest of humanity and especially Asia (and our west coast.)

Got a really bad feeling about this (maybe it should go in the prediction forum) but 2014 feels like the year of the Fuku meltdown to me. Hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There is no doubt that this IS a bigger issue then international community is acknowledging. There also is no doubt that fear mongerers have jumped on this as a way to keep our consciousness in a state of fear which is utterly useless and in so doing created the nice cusion of disinformation that the elite enjoy. As this goes on the effects will become so glaringly obvious that we as a collective will end up working towards replacing these environmentally toxic energy forms, coal,oil, lol the absolutely insanse fracking, emphasis only because of how recent they began using this, and then the good old nuclear.

Thankfully, we are in the period of transistion to better things, at least in my belief structure, and we are definitely going to see it get rocky, however after learning that nature is as resilient as it is at cleaning up after the childlike species we are ATM.
For Example

news.blogs.cnn.com...

www.akamaiuniversity.us...

I am sure that our great mother earth will find a way to deal with the failure that is Fukushima, and hopefully as I said earlier it will inspire in us a need to use the intelligence we were given and work with the earth not against it! Hopefully this will occure before to much more destruction. Only time will tell!
edit on 5-1-2014 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I find it simply amazing they could even pick up other radiation besides their own left over from the leaky nuke stockpile…

Zing!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hope I'm wrong

So do I, but I fear you aren't. One can only hope for the best as there's nothing we can do about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I wonder if these cars just hadn't been cleaned inside since the initial Fukushima incident. If so, there would still be contaminated dust. A good cleaning with normal soap and water would be enough to fix this, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. There are a lot of people with messy cars.

I highly doubt, though, that these cars received enough direct radiation to become radioactive themselves. If things were really that bad, people would be dropping dead in the streets. That is, unless these cars were actually driven on the Fukushima site.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I wondered about contaminated cars from day one of the disaster-Japan exports a heck of a lot of cars around the world-especially high end performance cars such as Subaru Imprezas and Mitsubishi Evolutions.
There a loads here in the UK,and I am sure all over the world.

How many countries are testing Japanese imports for radiation?
I bet it is not many.

Russia are being sensible in this matter I think-but then they would having gone through Chernobyl.
After that event,there were many incidents of contaminated items,including even TV sets looted from the zone to be sold across Russia.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
finly a car that really does save energy as it now glows in the dark no power is needed for lighting saving gas.

top topics

join