It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and intriguing series - The Curse of Oak Island

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder if "not mentioning when people mysteriously die from radiation poisoning" is listed in the NDA's, lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not sure how feasible but they should build a Cofferdam around the Money Pit & the 10X Pit and start digging with heavy machinery. The only way they will ever find out what is down there - again not sure if you can build a cofferdam down 250 or 300 ft and would cost 10's of millions but only way you can keep the seawater out and there might be nothing at the bottom.

Don't think pirates engineered the island probably Knights Templar or Masons.
imo

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Now one of my favorite shows! Looking forward to the next one! Finding coconut fiber that dates to 1300 or so AD- Wow..There may really be something. Some weird paranormal things I guess hinted at in episode two..but maybe to be covered more next episode!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good show - what about Ground Freezing the flood tubs to keep the water out and start digging?

A typical ground freezing system for a shaft or tunnel consists of a series of freeze pipes installed along the perimeter of the proposed excavation, extending into the subsurface strata. To freeze an area, freeze pipes are installed in a grid pattern and extend into the subsurface strata.

Typically, calcium chloride (brine) is used as the cooling medium and is chilled by one or more electrically-powered mobile refrigeration units. The cold brine (at -30 to -25°C) is pumped from the refrigeration unit though a distribution manifold to each freeze pipe. The manifold has supply and return lines. Larger ground freeze systems often require a reverse return manifold line. Chilled brine flows down a pipe inserted within each freeze pipe and then flows back to the surface in the annulus created by the downpipe and the freeze pipe. As the warmer brine returns from the freeze pipes, it flows into the return manifold which permits flow back to the refrigeration plant. As the refrigerated brine is circulated through individual freeze pipes, frozen cylinders begin to form. After approximately six to eight weeks, the cylinders merge together, forming a massive frozen earth wall.

ground freezing

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I think the fact that the water in the shafts/tunnels is sea water not fresh water would be an issue...but I like the way you think

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

exdog5

I think the fact that the water in the shafts/tunnels is sea water not fresh water would be an issue...but I like the way you think

Seawater does free - just a lower temp about 28 degrees.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Now would the fact that its being fed water cause a problem at all? Or would the idea be for freeze the tunnels as well?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Need some creative engineering but if they could locate the flood tubes - i would snake the freeze coils into the flood tubes. Kind of like a hockey rink idea - freeze the tubes and pump out the money pit & 10x.

Curious to see what they find in the swamp after they pump it out - looks like they find a pretty large circular stone. But just throwing ideas out there. Not my money. lol

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seems like a lot of trouble to explore an old garbage pit. When you bury treasure, you do so with the idea of retrieving it later, not making it impossible to get to again. It is a "money pit", but not in the good way.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Gazrok
Seems like a lot of trouble to explore an old garbage pit. When you bury treasure, you do so with the idea of retrieving it later, not making it impossible to get to again. It is a "money pit", but not in the good way.

Yes, reminds me of a Ford Taurus I own, which is also a money pit.

Thing is, a lot of people with knowledge of Oak Island believe the money pit holds nothing and is meant to distract treasure hunters (which is exactly what it has done). Things are pointing to this being true, especially if they find 'something' in the swamp.

To be continued...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They haven't found anything yet that seems to be anything other than refuse. The very construction style tends to lend credence to a trash or sewage pit. I used to be so intrigued by it, but it just doesn't hold up to logic. You'd want to be able to RETRIEVE it, (if treasure) not bury it forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join