It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the sake of argument, let’s admit that God exists.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't see how your response was even remotely relevant to mine. But whatever. In terms of relevance, this whole thread got flunked and held back for the rest of its unnatural existence. Pretty much par for the forum, it seems.

...In case it isn't painfully obvious, this is my clumsy attempt at making an unfunny thing something even unfunnier. By trying to make it funny. Is it working?
edit on 9-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Well I am odd.

I seem to do that a lot, see a connection where others don't.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
So what conclusions have we reached as a result of this thread?

That... God Exists!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Aphorism
reply to post by AfterInfinity

All one has to do is put the word "God" in the title of the thread to bring out the usual dogmatists.

What were you hoping to find or do when you clicked on this thread, then?

I always look for something new, some new view on the subject, something profound, that makes me think, and wonder, and question.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

MamaJ

AfterInfinity

That... God Exists!

Um...no. I don't think that's a sound conclusion at all. The biggest problem is that you'd have to be able to test your conclusion. Is your conclusion falsifiable? I'd be interested to see a test composed for each point which you feel supports this conclusion you have reached.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I do too, maybe it is because I liked connect four and connect the dots when I was little.

Maybe it is because I like puzzles and mysteries.

When you take a puzzle and lay it all out, it takes time and thoughtfulness.

One has to make a few mistakes to figure it out and once complete it looks like a masterpiece.

This above is like taking ALL we know from day one (spiritual, mystical history), spreading it out, taking time, and putting the pieces together for a masterful piece of philosophy.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If its the journey and not the destination, then it is something we had all along. Not something to be gained in the ordinary sense. If we see ourselves as un-enlightened then we will perceive accordingly. Our bias will be confirmed by dealing with our constant limitations (not being able to chop wood and carry water at the same time).

Its a sudden realization that can take place in a split-second, even right now. Sometimes our perspective of the world around us is focused, other times it can grow to include incredible minute details over (relatively) large areas. The variety of ways our perspective ebbs and flows throughout life is astounding. Some moments are perhaps held as more "special" or "awe-inspiring" than others, but that experience of "enlightenment" is always there and available if chosen. We reject "it" by saying we dont have "it," and this can apply to many psychological concepts.

The processes that are taking place within us and around us are far beyond our comprehension, but they are happening within us and around us all the same, continuously. Our perspective of these events changes constantly because the events that we are perceiving change constantly. Basically, our choice is to actively participate in the natural flow of events, and the inherent "active" perspective. Or, to create a world within our own minds that has to be reinforced constantly because that natural flow of events is like water in a river. Or, do a little bit of both, or neither.

The experience of "enlightenment" is available right here and now, just as it always has been and just as it always will be.

Its all in how you look at "it." Probably.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank god I am not alone

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Aphorism

All one has to do is put the word "God" in the title of the thread to bring out the usual dogmatists.

What were you hoping to find or do when you clicked on this thread, then?

I always look for something new, some new view on the subject, something profound, that makes me think, and wonder, and question.

Right. Like something you might have overlooked or not examined as thoroughly as you could have. It's funny to spend your life looking for a reason to believe you might be wrong. It's all bollocks, I tell ya.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Well I have had moments of clarity and I prefer the word awakening, and one can always walk in the moment if you are disciplined enough, or you can be somewhere between the spiritual and the material world.

Maybe disciplined is wrong.

I dunno you can look at it from so man different perspectives, what works for one might not work for another.
edit on 033131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
oops

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Itisnowagain
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

vethumanbeing
No here is an illusion; a virtual world you have the capacity to create drama day to day. Its not real. Here is not there, here is physical fake moviedome for you to progress your soul.

itsnowagainThat which is seen 'here' is an illusion (the play of light - Lila) - it is that which is appearing to be seen. Is that which is 'seeing' an illusion? That which is seeing never appears to be seen.

So you completely agree with me.

vethumanbeing
Then how would you define yourself; as the ONE (or a partical of) living on earth incarnate? Does the One live here or as a field of 1s and 0s with dim conscious awareness trying to express or explain/define itself to itself using you as a subset of awareness to do so?

itsnowagainThe unbounded is not defined - it has no edges or boundaries.
This is both existence and non existence - being and not being - all there is.

Its not defined because something always comes before any "NOW" occurance. This physical matter construct is not non-existance, its non-physical matter reality amped up, or lowered in frequency to manifest itself as heavy matter form. You are neglecting to talk about physical matter beings (that which you are); you are in a loop of "your simply not asking the right question" another platitude alluded to; " Nothing is as it seems" without explaining why you believe so. These are one sentence statements that address nothing particular to the poster you reply to . Its almost as if you are using Krishnamurtis teachings (a bound book) as an oracle; pick a page and place your index finger down.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
I dunno you can look at it from so man different perspectives, what works for one might not work for another.

And what works for you now probably didnt in the past, and it probably wont at some point down the road!

Discipline may not be a bad word in a sense, since there are plenty of cultural influences that can affect how attentive we are.

There will always be more going on than what we perceive in every moment of our lives. I think its kind of neat.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Nothing randomly pops up in a book. Whatever God is, it's the concept inside someone's mind that was put on pages (or on stones or whatever). It is that concept that we need to look at and understand. The God written in books is the effect, not the God itself.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why does being an atheist mean denying anything?

You can not believe in something and it never cross your mind to deny it exists. Only when someone says that there is a God does the opportunity to deny it exist and it always seems rather forced.

"What, you do not believe in God? Why would you deny the existence of God, he is all around you".

"I did not deny anything I simply said I do not believe in a God. You are interchanging words to support your argument against me"

"But if you do not believe you deny his existence"

"No, to deny his existence would mean I spend time and energy on the concept of his existence and I take a hard stand he does not exist. I just don't believe in a God and I go about my life without that concept as part of my paradigm, I am not denying anything"

Does anyone else see this as a self serving arguement?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Why does being an atheist mean denying anything?

You can not believe in something and it never cross your mind to deny it exists. Only when someone says that there is a God does the opportunity to deny it exist and it always seems rather forced.

"What, you do not believe in God? Why would you deny the existence of God, he is all around you".

"I did not deny anything I simply said I do not believe in a God. You are interchanging words to support your argument against me"

"But if you do not believe you deny his existence"

"No, to deny his existence would mean I spend time and energy on the concept of his existence and I take a hard stand he does not exist. I just don't believe in a God and I go about my life without that concept as part of my paradigm, I am not denying anything"

Does anyone else see this as a self serving arguement?

Are you trying to tell me babies, the mentally handicapped, the comatose, dogs and trees alike are atheists? Ask them that and see what they tell you. You can call them atheists only because you know what God means. If you didn't, you wouldn't call them atheists.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have always wondered and have never asked... and I have no idea why.

I wonder... does an Atheist ever say, "oh my god" or "thank god" or "G D"?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I have tested my conclusion and the proof is in my experiences. You have to have at least one to know what I mean and then you would understand.

I have always believed in a higher power so I have no idea what it's like to not believe I was created by a force that is beyond human comprehension.

It's a feeling and sometimes more than that with an experience.

Many of my loved ones passing away and coming to me is another test that was done between us before they left this world. Again, it's an experience one needs to have.

Some people are not wired to believe in a higher power though. They are content with not looking deeper into their physical existence, the life after and could care less about the hows and whys.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
Please can you say what this is the answer to?

It is the death of the me - the individual - then there is nothing divided.
There is just WHAT IS.

What was something else?

What I experienced was not what you described above.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

vasaga
Nothing randomly pops up in a book. Whatever God is, it's the concept inside someone's mind that was put on pages (or on stones or whatever). It is that concept that we need to look at and understand. The God written in books is the effect, not the God itself.

Oh but does it ever. Randomly placed ideas you might have read 5 years ago, you reopen the 'book' and has an entirely different meaning for you (because life experience has given you another better understanding). If you were to take the nomenclature "GODWORD" out of the equation what would you call it instead; or describe it as; an experience or an understanding of? A positive effect resulting in book reading is called a "drawn to that BOOK which Iam to read as a personal enlightenment lesson' at various times in my life; basically is screaming at you 'pay attention' or before rereading again "maybe you will get this 5 years from now".
edit on 9-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

MamaJ
I have always wondered and have never asked... and I have no idea why.
I wonder... does an Atheist ever say, "oh my god" or "thank god" or "G D"?

Oh my God; would be oh where is my god?
(I am here you seem not to be; so where are you exactly in existance time frame)?
You created me and I doubt my own creation because you are not apparent to my secular tunnel vision.
I am not of the 'faith based ideaform' so can you help with this small matter?
You dont convince me because you are not a living being (see it to believe it).
Thank God would be translated to NO THANKYOU GOD.
G-D would be the one used periodically to express exasperation for all of the other aboves.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join