It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for people who think being gay is a sin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

see my last response

it hasn't changed. The laws stay the same. It's the followers who've strayed. Simple as that. God remains the same.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I asked this on another thread but no one has seen it or just not bothered to answer it.

Why is being gay a sin? when It doesn't effect others and no harm comes from it? What are your reasons for thinking this way? Is it because God says so?.
If so why does God see it as a sin? seeing he is all knowing and knows that gay people will be gay people and actually made them gay when born..wouldn't that be entrapment?.
Or is it you are just disgusted by the thought of the act of gay love making and want everyone else to feel the same way?.

You're correct. It's because God says it's a sin. There is nothing more important to a true Christian than to help their fellow humans become saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. That is why we share the love of God and His Son. It's not that we hate anything or anybody- it's that people who cherish a sin or numerous sins do not like to hear that there is a God who cannot allow sin into His kingdom. That's when they try to turn it around on the messenger by saying the messenger hates this and that and shoves their beliefs down everybody's throats, and a bunch of other statement that make it obvious they felt convicted of their sin in some way or another and do not know how to handle it.

Nobody is perfect. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But, those who accept His Son and what His Son has done for us, have but to ask for forgiveness of their sins, both past, present, and future. Jesus came to this planet as a human. He knows how rough we humans have it in the battle against darkness. He knows we can never be perfect as long as Satan is around. When we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, we naturally strive to be more like Him. When we do stray, we naturally want to ask for forgiveness. He will forgive us if we ask with humble, contrite hearts.

The world is getting worse by the day. Prophecy is being fulfilled at an extremely fast rate. I pray that anybody out there right now who feels the tugging of the Holy Spirit will open their hearts to Jesus and let Him in. Just pray for forgiveness (in your own words, straight from the heart) and ask Him to be your Lord and Savior.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Actually it does mean God changed his mind... OR the OT God wasn't God to begin with

perhaps you should read the gospels... Jesus made all food "clean"...

which means the OT God's word was null and void... and he did so on many different occasions

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Snsoc
reply to post by boymonkey74

Well, let me propose a counter-question:

What is the evolutionary purpose of homosexuality?

I assume you believe in evolution and not a Creator God, and I also assume that you believe homosexuality to be "natural," so tell me, why would "Nature" create people unable to carry out its prime directive, which is reproduction?

Without gay people, we'd have an extra 3% of the population compounding each generation -- whilst considering the population growth rate -- for over 100,000 years. It's impossible math to do because we don't know the exact population numbers or how many people we started with, but the end figure for world population would be significantly larger than it is now.

India has had a ban on homosexuality for ages, check out their population. Do you tihnk population growth is seen as a good thing?

Also, your argument really doesn't add much to the discussion. Just because something has no "evolutionary purpose" doesn't mean it's sinful. Lots of things have no "evolutionary purpose".

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You're wrong. There were rules put in the place for the Jews for the sake of punishment. Jesus also said that he came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it. So, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Until Jesus or God comes down and walks among us to tell us that all the rules have changed, I'm sorry, my response still stands. Nothing has changed.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

India has had a ban on homosexuality for ages, check out their population. Do you tihnk population growth is seen as a good thing?

Also, your argument really doesn't add much to the discussion. Just because something has no "evolutionary purpose" doesn't mean it's sinful. Lots of things have no "evolutionary purpose".

neither does yours. So you're saying gay people exist to keep the population from getting out of hand???

That's the dumbest thing I've...

Ehhh ya know what.. I'm off this subject. It's full of half brained, anti christian for the sake of people who don't follow the bible thinking they know more about it than those who are... yeah, this is for those less mature enough to just leave it alone. I rather not bicker over this sort of thing. It never goes anywhere. One side always declairs themselves knowing more than anyone else while the other is always on the defence. Funny how that works out. Christians in the end, always end up trying to defend what they believe. That's pretty sad. You demand equality but you give none.... typical.
edit on 5-1-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by Akragon

You're wrong. There were rules put in the place for the Jews for the sake of punishment. Jesus also said that he came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it. So, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Until Jesus or God comes down and walks among us to tell us that all the rules have changed, I'm sorry, my response still stands. Nothing has changed.

This is exactly what I meant when I said that most Christians don't know the gospels...

Jesus did away with plenty of laws...

What goes into the mouth does not defile a man, what comes out of the mouth is what defiles man...

and according to your religion, God did come down, walk among us... and changed the rules

you gotta pay attention man

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by TheRegal

neither does yours. So you're saying gay people exist to keep the population from getting out of hand???

That's the dumbest thing I've...

Yet I'm sure you're the one handing out stars to the guy who posed that completely worthless question.

Speaking of dumb, you judge people based on texts that have been consistently disproven time after time.

And you refuse to change your mind because the same dumb book tells you not to.

Stupidity at it's finest.

That's a very adorable way to avoid a point that you can't refute, though. Tell me again how childish everyone here is and how you think Christians are "persecuted" as you call gay people sinful for expressing their natural feelings of love. And then call them hypocrites, of course.

Leading by example in intelligence is something more people should practice.

Crying about people who on't like religion won't help you in society, sorry. Your religion is a fairy tale and it won't change a damn thing anymore. The world has heard enough of it.
edit on 6-1-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by Akragon

Silence, woman.

1 Timothy 2

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Quit endulging in sin.
edit on 6-1-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I find this thread quite humorous.

The venom that has come out over 'god's' word by the 'believers' certainly speaks volumes!

I don't choose whether or not to love somebody because their skin is the same color as mine, or they're of the same belief system as I, or because of their gender identity- I choose to love them because they are human beings.

I just wish I had the capacity to love as a little child does; then I could love even depraved souls!

It's not anybodies place to concern themselves with others' faults, or 'perceived' faults. I'm sure every human being on this planet could concern themselves with their own shortcomings their entire life, and never reach perfection.

Christians- or I should say religion- sure is good at overlooking the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

i wasn't accusing anyone in this topic, or even on this site. even though i have read such messages before and have been told that by a couple people on this site, i was merely saying in general "Some" people are like that.

and in my life experiences, even at the age of 23 i have been on the receiving end of such comments, also if you look around the internet on various comments of news reports you will see such comments, on social media etc.

but again, i wasn't accusing you or anyone, i was saying i don't understand the hypocrisy of people who claim not to "shove it in my face" yet they can shove whatever they want in yours as long as it's based on "Religious Laws"

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

Then why post? just move on but seeing you have posted many times in this thread.....

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Duracell

Of course it's entrapment...
God knows everything he knows the future he already knows If you are gay or not the moment you are born, he made people that way, so why make people gay and then punish them for something he actually made.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I agree with the cherry picking, to me that just says that the people who really think it is a sin are just using the bible as a shield for their own fear of a different sexuality. Or they are trying to keep certain urges down because they have gay thoughts also.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Its cherry picking that supports their bigotry, it really is as simple as that. There are loads of sins, many of which have been ignored because they no longer apply to a modern society, like not wearing two types of fabric at the same time. I wonder how many fundamentalists commit this sin every day without thought. Yet when it comes to homosexuality, it's almost one of the most important issues for the church to deal with.

Maybe it has something to do with the sexually repressive nature of abrahamic religions. Playing the role of sexual moral representatives rather than worshippers of god.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Without gay people, we'd have an extra 3% of the population compounding each generation.

Really? a whole 3%?

I think wars have gotten rid of more people than Adam & Steve.

My argument is at the crux of the discussion. The New Testament is quite clear that homosexuality is unnatural. (Romans 1:26-27.) This is why it is a sin. Because it doesn't make babies. This is why the Catholic Church is against contraception-it doesn't make babies.

Gays don't make babies, and this is a defiance of the natural order. Nature/God put sperm in men's testicles for reproduction. According to you, nature/God made gay men gay, and yet somehow still put the baby batter inside of them ??? It seems obvious that those people are not using their bodies the way nature/God intended.

Evolutionary purpose is survival of the species. Gays don't make babies, their sexuality doesn't serve an evolutionary purpose. You can argue that "lots of things don't serve an evolutionary purpose," but when the most important activity in the world is involved, clearly something that does not cause reproduction means something is out of whack.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

What about women who can't have babies because their bits don't work or men who are sterile? God made them also like that are they sinning also?.
Sorry that doesn't wash anymore we have many people on the planet.
Gay people can and do make babies btw.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Snsoc

What about women who can't have babies because their bits don't work or men who are sterile? God made them also like that are they sinning also?.

Not a choice, so, no.

Gay people can and do make babies btw.

Yes, artificially. Not naturally. They are making a choice to reproduce in an unnatural way.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Why would anyone decide to be gay....they are gay because that is how God made them, they are as natural as you or I...Humans.
A gay man can have sex with a woman and make a baby, I know a gay man who has two kids, the mother of his children wanted him to be the Dad for her children and they make a wonderful family.
edit on 6-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

boymonkey74
I asked this on another thread but no one has seen it or just not bothered to answer it.

Why is being gay a sin? when It doesn't effect others and no harm comes from it?

No harm? How about all those males having to go through a period of questioning their sexuality. And ofcourse all the violence. Without homosexuality for example Hitler couldn't have become so successful and neither would the US be the nation it is today, they are more like the thieves who stole technology from Europe just when the computers were about to appear and forced/is still forcing the idea gay love is acceptable onto the rest of the world with their LGBT conquest. It's not perse because of homosexuality or any gay asking for it, it's the miscommunication, the lack of words which make people act violent and how people today still have too few words or expressions not to see homosexuality as a threat. Mostly because no straight would want to get so deep into the subject, probably each generation again.

If so why does God see it as a sin? seeing he is all knowing and knows that gay people will be gay people and actually made them gay when born..wouldn't that be entrapment?.
Or is it you are just disgusted by the thought of the act of gay love making and want everyone else to feel the same way?.

I don't spent that much time thinking about gays. I rather think about how I'm going to get a date with a female myself. If I do think about the subject, it's always so that I can pass on information to my children so they can better cope with the world than I did or my parents and they don't have to spend time on this but can spend it on their education, their own lives.

Bottom line, it's a sin because it conflicts with Go forth and multiply, gays can't do that. In fact, you need 2 people so it always means if one guy thinks/believes he is gay, he must find another to be with and share his love with (and it might just be your son) so that means the other guy who might have gotten married and have children and added to society doesn't add that much and then society is worse off.

Sure there is IVF but you still need a woman, who won't be with her child for life nor will the child know his/her mother or have a less than ideal situation and so more difficulties in becoming successful in life. Which can all be overcome but I still rather would want a world without the subject because things would probably go more smoothly for everyone.

Even if it is a sin, I don't believe hell is forever, rather more like a place spirits go to who aren't ready for heaven and have to learn male and female create life.
edit on 6-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join