It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Always Portrayed as Ancient Civilizations...Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ok well first I would have to completely agree with this. I absolutely believe that we have had help with technology from some outside source I mean from ball and musket rifles to laser guided missiles and eye surgery in such a short period of time come on now! I know what people want to say to that and that is that races"evolve" or "advance" as time goes along but how so quickly? To me theirs so much evidence even just from the ancient past and all of the advanced civilizations including the mayans and and Egyptians but everybody wants to take it as a biblical thing and it was all workings of "God" but let me share a little something and please take it how you will and please feedback if you must. OK, so let's say me, you and some friends get on a spaceship and go to another planet and as we're landing we see another race, primitive of course, on the ground using stone tools and hunting game with Spears and such and we land in our spaceship. We get out wearing space suits(because we don't know of the atmosphere and even if we do we just want to be safe) and have guns that shoot "lighting" or "fire" and have vehicles like rovers and helicopters. How would these primitive people that never even imagined things like these take this? Maybe the helicopters look like flying insects and the rovers look like ants or some type of animal. These people would drop to their knees and pray to us as "Gods". We would give them knowledge including mathematics, construction and language. Even just the knowledge of how to run a civilization and start a family could be a huge jump start. Who is not to say that's exactly what happened to us? As time went along man used this knowledge to create religion and God. How do you control an entire mass population of people? Give them a religion(stereotype) and a god to worship and no one wants to burn in eternal hell fire so they follow their religion and do everything the way that "God" wants them to. The Bible is supposed to be the word of "God" and even if it really was it was written down by MAN! Man just happens to manipulate everything he can so why not religion and the bible because if people really knew extraterrestrial beings help us or possibly even created us by gene splicing then the single almighty omnipotent "God" story would be useless and their manipulation over us would be cut. I'm going to end on that and I'm sorry I know I got a little off topic I just enjoy being be to share this with people who might understand. If you haven't read ezikiel in the Bible then read it. Start where it says"and I saw a windstorm coming from the north" and ask yourself this why would God come from the north in a chariot, I thought an almighty omnipotent God would just appear not needing a "craft" or to come from a specific direction.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think you're right, they were more advanced but not by much. They messed with our minds and conquered us without a whimper. Here we are, mostly clueless and in bondage.
edit on 5-1-2014 by hurdygurdy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Thank you for that thorough and easy to understand explanation. This information made my head spin with possibilities. I love it. Star!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

SleepyOwl

Thank you for that thorough and easy to understand explanation. This information made my head spin with possibilities. I love it. Star!

You're welcome. And thanks for telling me that it was easy to understand. I was worried some of it might be too technical and that's why i told the original poster to ask followups if there was anything that didn't make sense or was hard to follow.

I don't want to talk down to anyone but I also don't want stuff flying over their head where they're like, 'i don't understand that' so I try to write in a logical order and don't use the complex math behind this stuff unless requested.

I've been told the minute you post an equation or chart on a general, non-technical forum you lose half the people.

I think the people here at ATS are a bit more clever than average so I try to use good clear yet sometimes technical illustrations cause a picture is worth a thousand words for real and most people here 'get it'.

Also on the Kardashev Scale (the scale of Type I, Type II, and Type III civilizations which Michio Kaku referred to) we have been estimated to be a Type 0.7 by Carl Sagan in the 1980s and a Type 0.8 now.

To rank some familiar civilizations from Sci-FI:

The Government of Elysium = Type I

The Federation from Star Trek = Type II

The Empire from Star Wars = Type III

Q from Star Trek The Next Generation or The Ancients from Stargate: Atlantis = Type IV

The Infinite Consortium from Magic: the Gathering = Type V

The most common civilization in our galaxy is likely a Type I or II. It is likely that if we were in a galaxy with a Type III we'd know it because as Jim Oberg said the signs would be all around us and easily observable. If a Type IV civilization existed in our galaxy it would likely be almost impossible to detect if it didn't want to be found. And for all purposes a Type V would be referred to by most people on Earth as "God".

And in case you're wondering, some students recently searched through data from the WISE spaceraft in search of Type II and Type III civilizations:

They found some interesting Type II candidates but the telescope didn't have the resolution to tell if what we saw was large scale astroengineering structures or just dust clouds. So the quest continues....

edit on 6-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

JadeStar

SleepyOwl

You're welcome. And thanks for telling me that it was easy to understand. I was worried some of it might be too technical and that's why i told the original poster to ask followups if there was anything that didn't make sense or was hard to follow.

I don't want to talk down to anyone but I also don't want stuff flying over their head where they're like, 'i don't understand that' so I try to write in a logical order and don't use the complex math behind this stuff unless requested.

I've been told the minute you post an equation or chart on a general, non-technical forum you lose half the people.

I think the people here at ATS are a bit more clever than average so I try to use good clear yet sometimes technical illustrations cause a picture is worth a thousand words for real and most people here 'get it'.

Also on the Kardashev Scale (the scale of Type I, Type II, and Type III civilizations which Michio Kaku referred to) we have been estimated to be a Type 0.7 by Carl Sagan in the 1980s and a Type 0.8 now.

To rank some familiar civilizations from Sci-FI:

The Government of Elysium = Type I

The Federation from Star Trek = Type II

The Empire from Star Wars = Type III

Q from Star Trek The Next Generation or The Ancients from Stargate: Atlantis = Type IV

The Infinite Consortium from Magic: the Gathering = Type V

The most common civilization in our galaxy is likely a Type I or II. It is likely that if we were in a galaxy with a Type III we'd know it because as Jim Oberg said the signs would be all around us and easily observable. If a Type IV civilization existed in our galaxy it would likely be almost impossible to detect if it didn't want to be found. And for all purposes a Type V would be referred to by most people on Earth as "God".

And in case you're wondering, some students recently searched through data from the WISE spaceraft in search of Type II and Type III civilizations:

They found some interesting Type II candidates but the telescope didn't have the resolution to tell if what we saw was large scale astroengineering structures or just dust clouds. So the quest continues....

edit on 6-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

You're welcome, and I was aware that we were not yet a type 1 civilization, but I didn't know the exact estimate so that is interesting. And, WOW I did not know that they found type 2 candidates. I hope we can find some definitive proof in my lifetime. That to me is the coolest thing about our existence. When I look at the night sky my mind starts pondering all of the possibilities out there. I will have to watch the video you posted later. My internet is terrible ATM. Took me 6 hours to watch a movie on netflix the other night. anyway, thanks again for the great information.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In the early days of flying saucers, there were only a handful of reports, so the promoters had to look to the past for more material to fill up articles and books. To boost the number of UFO sightings they drew on Biblical, historical and mythological apparitions. The people like George Adamski went even further, claiming that these visitations were alien cultures sharing knowledge with us lowly primates. When Erich von Däniken got in the game, the story really caught fire, and to this day, the "Chariots of the Gods" aspect is still one of the best-known UFO legends by the public.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

nugget1
There is evidence from many,many,many ancient civilization that advanced technology existed, including space travel.

Evidence? No there isn't, not anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join