It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone A Decent Mechanic ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have searched all over the internet and cant seem to find out how to change fuel injectors and replace the seals in a 99 Honda civic single cam...anyone know anything by any chance? thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

I would go to your friendly neighborhood O-Reilly, or Autozone, or Advanced Auto and look into getting a Chilton manual.

I have worked on honda engines in the early 2000's range (I am assuming a 4 cyl) and they are generally pretty user friendly.

But if i am not mistaken, the fuel injectors need a specific tool to remove.
The cam is probably overhead, so you can take it off simply by removing the valve cover.
but I don't think that this will effect whether or not you can get to the fuel injectors.

I will look into it and see what I can find.

Gimme a sec. I gotta run to wal mart and then I will call my stepfather.
He used to have a 2000 civic and I think that he ran into this same issue.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Honda Tech

Above is a link to a Honda forum that may help. Search is at the top center of the page.

Here is a link of someone asking about removing the fuel injectors and the responses may help.
Honda Tech Fuel Injectors

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

By typing "remove fuel injectors 1999 honda civic" into google I get skads of hits showing youtube videos and written instructions.
also register on a Honda Forum and you'll get all the advice and direction you ask for.

My family, Wife, son, Daughter, and me own and maintain our Hondas and Toyotas ourselves and know how to find "the info"
got to love those trusty old Hondas and Toyotas!

Happy hunting and wrenching

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

thanks for your time and help

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

did your father have any idea about this?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Are you replacing the injectors, or just the little rubber bits that attach them to the fuel rail?

You need to locate the fuel rail, and remove that. There may still be pressure in the lines, so be careful, it may spray...

Replace what you need to, and make sure it goes back together how it came apart, with the only leftovers what you have replaced

Hope this helps

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Dude gave you an awesome answer with the forum link.

If you're a dude post something asking for help in your area and I almost guarantee someone with wrench lust would love to help you out. Not meant to imply women are little delicate flowers, but I'd be worried about meeting a stranger and I'm not exactly Cinderella. Be careful meeting strangers online.

Pick up a Chilton's guide. Cars are just big Lego sets when it comes to maintenance. Wrench here, get annoyed this doesn't want to fit, realize it does indeed fit, try not to punch the car. Punch the car. Buy a book on body repair. Learn to love bondo if you're prone to car punching.

Replacing the fuel injectors isn't exactly easy, but if you think you could put together a model airplane that 8 year olds can complete you can totally do it. It's really more about having the balls to try. Worst case scenario is you wasted some time. You're not wrecking the new injectors if you mess up, and seals are cheap (ish).

Craigslist it. There are a lot of guys out there that want to wrench and don't have a valid excuse. A few beers and letting them teach you something goes a LONG way. Shoot I'd come over and help you with an engine I understood for a beer and a slice of pizza.

top topics

join