It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Preppers.. WWJD?.. he would NOT be a prepper! you ALL FAIL!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

And how would you know this oh so decisive truth? Just curious. Is it that you made up your own mind that christians are heathens.

Such a broad brush that you paint with thereby paints YOU as quite the hypocrite yourself.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

I'm sure Jesus really supported manual labor and wages, I mean he did spend 40 days and nights out in the wilderness chopping down trees and bringing them back to help the "infrastructure".

Matthew 6
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Working a job is the epitome of worrying about tomorrow. Jesus had no use for jobs or labor. Our working class infrastructure is all about hoarding things for ourselves, as a Christian and follower of Jesus you should hate the way society is set up, yet here you are defending it.

Use your common sense. If nobody does any work, everyone starves to death, everything falls apart and nothing ever gets made including clothes, buildings, etc. No doctors, dentists, religious leaders, the list goes on and on. Jesus certainly never said do not work. Mary's husband Joseph was a carpenter, but I'm sure Jesus was cool just letting him continue on doing something so terrible as earning a living for his family and letting him go to Hell. I suggest you drop this argument unless you just want Christians to feel more psychologically vindicated of their beliefs. Too late actually.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

What religion doesn't have its martyrs? Christianity isn't unique in that category as you seem to think. By the way, I'm not an atheist so your comment about atheist martyrs has no effect on me.

What makes you say that I seem to think only Christians have martyrs? And referring to atheist martyrs had nothing to do with you. I'm pointing out that those who don't believe in God or a religion won't die for their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

No but many would die for others...for humanity!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

There you go defending today's society again. I guess Jesus is ok with the average person being a debt slave or a labor slave?

What's the point of having a job other thanto store up money to pay off tomorrow's debts? Today's society promotes the exact opposite of what Jesus taught, it encourages us to worry about tomorrow and the bills and debt that come with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

HanzHenry
Jesus commanded the rich to "give it all away" and join him.

Can you show me the verse where Jesus commanded all the rich people to give away all their money?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

HanzHenry
Jesus commanded the rich to "give it all away" and join him.

Can you show me the verse where Jesus commanded all the rich people to give away all their money?

IDK for sure I'm not the biggest on all the scripture or anything like that, but I do recall something about usurping and interest and all those innocent practices making some people filthy rich. I could be wrong don't quote me on that though.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

These verses are about not worrying. You can work a job without worrying.

In fact, the Bible commands us to work. 2 Thess. 3:10: "He who does not work does not eat."

Jesus' parables are full of references to being prepared. Re-read the parable of the virgins-the wise virgins were preppers. Or how about the parable of the shrewd servant who prepared for his future by making friends for himself with those people who owed his master money. In both cases, the prepper was rewarded.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

.........................................................................................................
God and or Jesus never said his followers had to be suckers. Didn't Simon Peter cut off an ear while trying to defend Jesus? And yes Jesus replaced it but did Jesus rebuke Simon?......no. And he used a sword to do this which is like using a Barrett 50 cal now....

Jesus then says....sell your cloak and buy a sword......sooooo?

Also, God put men in charge of protecting their families. I know you get this as a devil dog so why are you even putting this out there?

edit on 5-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Akragon

20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

This passage warns of holding riches of the earth higher than the virtues and riches of heaven.

Jesus never banned prosperity. He just never wanted it to become a stumbling block. If it prevents you from following Him, then get rid of it. Following Jesus doesnt always require abandoning your wealth, you simply must be ready to do so at moments notice. You cant mandate charity, it must be motivated by virtue. Whether or not one is willing to give or how much is between the individual and God. There is no room for you to pass judgment.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Christians!

You do not serve the Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus of the Bible does not exist anymore.

This is because if you are a Christian the only one you could possibly know is The Risen Christ who exists in heaven with Power, Wealth, Wisdom and Strength.

That's the one I know and I serve. How about you?

Oh yes, the one I know is wealthy right now. Just thought I'd throw that in for some consideration. I don';t know a poor Jesus, I know a wealthy Christ. Of course Jesus wasn't really poor, (he did have enough given to him at his birth to be worth$1 million) but that is another story I'm just referring to peoples perceptions.
edit on 5-1-2014 by MadMax9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Maybe you should keep reading that passage I offered...

Luke 12 just so you know...

Take no thought of what you ware or what you should eat... One can not serve two masters...

where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

edit on 5-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

ghostfacekilah00

butcherguy

As far as WWJD goes, any Christian that holds down a job is a fail also.
They should all be roaming the countryside spreading the good news.

I'm not going to fault someone for putting enough supplies to get through the winter.

That was a specific instruction Jesus gave to a single rich man who asked how he could perfectly follow God's will. The man already had more than enough for the rest of his life, which the Bible explains. In the vast majority of cases though, Jesus does not tell people to quit their jobs, and that includes tax collectors. If nobody did any work, there would be no food, no infrastructure, you get the picture.

Yes, I get the parable.

WWJD stands for What Would Jesus Do.... not What Would Jesus Have You Do.

What I was getting at is that if Christians would do as Jesus had done, they would teach. Of course there would be no producers and that doesn't make for a robust economy.... which was my point.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

uhm... Christians do teach

They teach people about an angry wrathful god that sends people to the lake of fire if they don't join up with one of their churches

Where have you been?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, He did encourage charity, but His main message in Luke 12:22 and on, is not to let your wealth burden you. If it burdens you and becomes a stumbling block, then give it away.

He never said that you must live below the poverty line.

Again, its an individual choice, not something for you to judge. If you feel so strongly about it, perhaps you should be giving more.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, He did encourage charity, but His main message in Luke 12:22 and on, is not to let your wealth burden you. If it burdens you and becomes a stumbling block, then give it away.

He never said that you must live below the poverty line.

Again, its an individual choice, not something for you to judge. If you feel so strongly about it, perhaps you should be giving more.

We live in quite the different time from the biblical era... back then one could strike out on their own and live off the land...

Unfortunately these days every thing requires money... without it one can not survive...

Though there is still a lesson in the chapter... Wealth creates selfishness... and need for material possessions

I most definitely was not saying one should live below the poverty line... but "saving for the future" is hardly something Jesus taught... One should live within his/her means and be happy with what they have instead of seeking the latest and greatest things

Just my opinion of course... for what its worth

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So Jesus was a stockbroker when he wasn't teaching?
I was speaking of Jesus's vocation.

I never said that Christians don't or shouldn't teach...... but if that is the only thing they could do, someone might just starve. I explained this in he previous post.

ETA: then I saw the funny face and felt silly!
edit on 5-1-2014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Every religion has their martyrs, does that mean all of them are right?

Ask your every day Christian walking the street if they'll pour gasoline on themselves then light a match in the name of Jesus. How many do you think would do it? My guess is none. Apparently fear of temporary pain overrides eternal bliss for them.
edit on 37011818CST373 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

You're describing suicide, not martyrdom.

Christians aren't allowed suicide to martyr themselves that's another religion, but I'm sure you knew that.

For Christians martyrdom is earned when you face certain death for your beliefs. Those who faced execution in Rome for not renouncing their beliefs were martyrs. Those who are murdered in the Middle East and Africa daily simply for professing to be Christian could be said to be martyrs. Notice how they are all killed by someone else, not killing themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Some could argue that a vast amount of what we Christians do here is teach.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Akragon

So Jesus was a stockbroker when he wasn't teaching?
I was speaking of Jesus's vocation.

I never said that Christians don't or shouldn't teach...... but if that is the only thing they could do, someone might just starve. I explained this in he previous post.

I realize this...

what I was saying inadvertently is that Christians shouldn't teach... because most are clueless to Jesus words...

Most Christians babble on about what they've been taught without actually reading anything within their own book...

Jesus said you have one teacher... him

Yet rarely will you see a Christian teach the gospels... most teach paul, and the OT or revelation as you can clearly see in this thread and most Christian based threads on this forum

They claim to "spread the good news" yet this news is almost always thinly veiled in bigotry and hatred for anyone who is not of the same belief system as them... They hope for the return of Jesus yet by doing so are also praying for the end of the world as if they alone would be saved from such things

As I've said in my previous post above yours... Money is a necessity in this age... but extreme wealth creates greed and selfishness

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join