It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know Makaton?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I work with people who have severe learning disabilities ranging from Autism to downs syndrome and some of my service users can not communicate by normal means and my work has picked myself to go on a Makaton training course (Makaton is like sign language)

So does anyone know any decent training vids? or sites I can use to help my training?.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have learned a little bit of Makaton comes in really handy (my Makaton is very basic).

I done it actually when i was a student and was nursing a amazing guy who was with us long term and only used Makaton so we all were forced to learn it for when his mum wasn't about.

I am guessing you have seen this link but it works even though you need to pay for the DVD's (which i guess you will get for free anyway)

www.makaton.org...

Good luck on the course even a little bit does come in handy and its quite easy to pick up i think.

sorry i cant be much more help

edit on 5-1-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Cheers reading now

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just an update It wasn't a training session It was the making of the training DVD

I was the star of the video saying the words and signing it afterwards, A producer, camera man, assistant and a lady showing me the signs to do

I can't wait to get the dvd and work through it with some of my service users
heck I may get a copy and put it on you tube so If anyone wants to learn they can learn from my ugly mug

new topics

top topics

join