It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Old ATS" and 9/11?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The 'net was a very different place in 2001.

My recollection of the time is that a lot of people were concerned that a real, massive (potentially nuclear) war was coming - I remember thinking that Kabul wouldn't be standing the next day - rather than coming up with conspiracy theories. I remember having a conversation with my girlfriend at the time about where we should head for if it looked like a proper SHTF scenario came out.

Following that, no one speculated too much until the NIST reports came out. Then people started posting their opinions speculating about what they thought they knew.

And in that time the 'net has constantly expanded on a year on year basis. There are people posting online now about 9/11 that weren't even born when the event happened and all some of them know is what they read online, where peoples opinions are put forward as facts.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Elton
The internet archive wayback machine shows a whole forum for ''World Trade Center/Pentagon Attack".

9-23-2001 internet archive wayback machine

Thank you so much that is exactly what i was looking for!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What a cool thread. too bad the old system is prohibiting us from seeing those old posts.

I found ATS about 3 years after Katrina. I was in theatre with Blackwater when my then Gun hating, Vegetarian, Liberal girlfriend implored me to watch (shoot me) Farenheit 911. It put just enough doubt in my head that I went looking for answers and down the rabbit hole I went.

I joined ATS to discuss the matters with like-minded individuals shortly after under the pseudo KMFNWO but had a bit of a falling out being in the establishment and then investigating that same establishment. So I reinvented myself after the establishment ordered me to disregard my oath.

Anyway it is interesting to see how far we have come in such a short while and how much the political opinion has changed. It used to be like pulling teeth, now its preaching to the choir.

When 911 occurred I was a director of security for a major building complex in Houston Tx. I bought it hook line and sinker initially. The trend that occurred almost immediately and I have only seen it get worse over time was a general disregard for peoples rights in favor of promised security and that scares the hell out of me. We immediately started ethnic profiling persons entering our buildings under orders of Mgmt. and now we have graduated to no semblance of privacy and that includes average Americans. I see nothing to stop this trend.

I have only historic precedence to tell me we are heading in the wrong direction to a place we do not want to nor should we have to go.
edit on 6-1-2014 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Thanks dude I have been looking further into it with the links provided so far and found some interesting stuff but most of it is just getting 404'd

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I remember. It was when I first came here (under another name) and probably what brought me here. Right away, on 9/11/2001 and thereafter, off the top of my head. there was a lot of talk about more "bombings" and threats, the FBI, and Saudi Arabia and the bin Ladens.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If you like here's some more from another website

www.metafilter.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
And here some more for you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here is an example left over on the modern ATS of one of the first threads, a year later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not too much of a response
edit on 6-1-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Hah, Skeptic Overlord calling people who wonder about it being not the official story, LOONS.

Many were calling this incident not as it seemed immediately after that day, and I knew some personally, myself was ACTUALLY skeptical.

Skepticism towards official reports, was always in the back of my mind, I was just waiting for something bigger, but it turns out the onslaught of total BS that came immediately WAS the bigger WAR.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

That is an incredible image of Jack I have never seen before and I have hundreds of photos in different catalogs.

Would like to know where it came from?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join