It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USS Cole, the untold story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If this has been posted before, apologies. I ran a check and it didn't show up.

I found this video while looking up the USS maine.

It gives a new outlook on a part of 9/11 often forgotten.

If you can get past the fact they repeat certain "the fleecing and destruction of America" over and over and over again, i'd like your thought's on a post card to ATS please..

I dont know if this is just some invented crap, or it's taken from whistleblowers witihn the FBI, but its made by the naval vetrans institute.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Having just had time to watch the last five minutes...especially the part about "the hit squad"...now i cant take this seriously...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

andy1972
Having just had time to watch the last five minutes...especially the part about "the hit squad"...now i cant take this seriously...

Im going to finish watching but figured id get you started..The female and male officer speaking on the lm2500.. The Arleigh Burke class was commissioned with 4 of them (2per shaft) and never retrofitted ...all the Arleigh Burke class have 4 Lm 2500's for main propulsion... As do all the Active CG's. And FFG's but they have 2. I have served on CG's and FFG's. And the engines are easily changed out by rigging through the intake ... The only time they'd open the hull would be to replace the entire engine enclosure (no need since ship commissioned with lm2500) or replace the reduction gear. Had they actually retrofitted it it would have been both sides for both engine rooms. And if a anything to do with anything the LM2500's would have been taken out.
I could be mistaking but i thought Arleigh Burke class was commissioned with AIGIS.. I stopped watching to look that up but im still unclear on that..Ill watch the rest, read some more and chime back when done.

edit on 5-1-2014 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Why are you creating a thread about a video you haven't watched, except 5 minutes, and can't take seriously?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

yamammasamonkey

Why are you creating a thread about a video you haven't watched, except 5 minutes, and can't take seriously?

I saw it all, but then, having re-watched the final 5 mins, it seems a little whacky..cant find anything on the cole going missing for 55 days.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Thanks for the info.
I know nothing about ships, so im literally "out of my water" on this one.
Theres no disclaimer saying its fiction, but,

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I didn't bother looking into the other stuff because what they say about the Cole doesn't add up. I was active duty from 1997-2008 and served on CG's and FFG's... I had to learn the DDG engineering platform because of my rate. All these ships have lm2500's for main propulsion... The DDG being the latest and greatest at the time, all other ships were being retrofitted to be brought up to speed with the DDG, in regards to weapon system, radar and such... Its AGIES system was upgraded in 2009, but that is minor changes, not some big retrofit of a new system... Video also talks of being upgraded to nuke capability and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this (i looked its public) every ship with VLS has capability to launch a nuke via tomahawk cruise missile so no retrofit needed.

edit on 6-1-2014 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This has come up before many times so I have seen it. The book 'Front Burner Al Qaeda attack on the USS Cole' by Commander Kirk Lippold is the retelling of the story from the people who were there. It took quite a bit of courage for the Commander to place the blame where it belongs-meaning on himself. He accepted retirement and never shaded away the fact that had his ship been properly moored, and stationed, the attack would have never taken place. Perhaps the new millennium version of going down with the ship.

All 3 of the Al Qaeda associates who planned the attack, bought the explosives, the boat and provided the martyrs have confessed and are in the hands of the American government at Guantanamo Bay. Khaled Sheikh Mohammed (KSM) confessed to providing the funds to carry out the attack is also at Guantanamo.

What is interesting is the first attempt to blow up USS The Sullivan's (named for the five brothers who all perished in WW II) using the boat/ explosives plan sunk in Aden Harbor. Yemen police stood by and did nothing and told no one-much less the CIA.

The tragedy was felt much deeper with the fact that most of the Sailors were kids-new recruits-on their first deployment. Those in the direct path of the explosive wave were horridly mangled and not much was left to send home.

As have said before if you want to believe this ridiculous video then more power to you since it is void of any factual basis whatsoever. I wouldn't express that belief near any members of the US Navy as there are still very hard feelings about this attack-aimed mostly at Yemen-but also on anyone who tries to profit from it-Sailors are of a different kind and they never were given the opportunity for revenge. They will never forget it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The USS Cole was bombed by EU supported terrorists in 2000.

new topics

top topics

join