It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Why a Safety Device That Can Stop Overdoses by Kids Isn't Widely Used
But the industry has neither promised nor delivered such protection on other medicines, which account for more than half of kids’ ER visits stemming from drug accidents, including antihistamines, ibuprofen, and cough and cold preparations. ProPublica purchased more than 50 pediatric versions of these products marketed by nine different brands at outlets in California, New York and Washington, D.C., this month. None of the products we bought had flow restrictors.
Why? Good parenting. I had a mother who talked with me, and explained things to me. She educated me. However...
I had a mom who was home every day, all day. She took being a parent seriously. She had the luxury of not having to work. There are a lot of parents out there who don't have that luxury. It is they who need to take advantage of every device available to keep things out of the reach of children, and make it impossible for them to open it, if they do get into it. Unfortunately, I get the impression from some parents, they regret becoming parents, now that they know the job isn't easy.edit on 1/5/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)
reply to post by Sinter Klaas
Every time a kid die is a horrible thing, but i dont think a company has the fault if something like that happens. a 3 years old nephew of my mother best friend died after drinking a bottle of malathion his father was taking to their ranch, he mistake it with juice bottle and drink it, just took 2 seconds and the damage was done it was an accident, probably could have been avoided but bad things just happen, kids do all kind of stuff and there is not a single thing in a house that its not a potential threat to them, cant sue everyone all the time for anything