It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will China keep us up to ate with data from Jade Rabbits Moon advennture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I cant seem to find any current info, just the news from the day Yutu landed.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think they said that was the only pics they were going to give

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Oh really, thats not very nice of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

michael1888
I cant seem to find any current info, just the news from the day Yutu landed.

This has to be one of the longest, well-thought out threads I've seen in a VERY long time. A+ for effort!!!

I doubt China will proactively share anything with anyone, just like how most Govt's keep tight-lipped about any findings (significant or insignificant) they may be...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is there any Chinese ATS's on here who would kindly give their government a wink for some data to share?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Suppose I could have written a big long page, but at the end my question would have remained the same. I had it on my mind and put it out there to get an answer, I didnt expect a whole lot of info from China but it would be nice to get an update about what they are upto. Thanks for your breif input anyway.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Since December 26 the rover has gone into hibernation for the duration of the two-week-long lunar night. When it wakes up next week, Yutu is expected to explore the mineralogy and geology of the surrounding dusty terrain. We can hope or some more pictures then, I stress the word "hope".

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
so by the 9th we can see the moon in HD?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nickneal7

That would be great

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
China is a closed society. It would be uncharacteristic if they were going to share. The China National Space Administration is nothing like NASA or ESA, where there is real science and discovery going on.

Regards

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1888

Heres a post i stated in another thread about this topic...

....... await the the outcome with fingers crossed But going on the past actions of china concerning public openness i doubt we will get more than the gray typical reports from a goverment who do things such as the chinese internet restrictions with there the Great Firewall and golden sheild etc For poeple to think they will be forthcoming with more info than the other nations who have wore these shoes before..so to speak is hard for me to swallow
and what i stated has not changed at all.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

paraphi
China is a closed society. It would be uncharacteristic if they were going to share. The China National Space Administration is nothing like NASA or ESA, where there is real science and discovery going on.

Regards

Actually China has been very open about this mission. Someone misunderstood "this will be the last time the lander and rover takes pictures of each other" to mean there would be no more pictures.

China additionally has invited the international community to join it's upcoming Tiangong 3 space station which may very well become ISS-2 when the ISS is deorbited sometime between 2020-2028. The ESA and Russia are working with them on it.

China, Russia and Europe work together towards manned deep space exploration; space stations allow the development of technology required for these missions. The psychosocial experiment Mars-500 provides the ground-based studies to complement orbital research in preparation for a planned manned mission to the planet Mars. Yinghuo-1, a Chinese Mars-exploration space probe, intended to be the first Chinese spacecraft to explore Mars, was launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, on 8 November 2011, along with the Russian Fobos-Grunt sample return spacecraft, which was intended to visit Mars' moon Phobos.

Shortly after launch, Fobos-Grunt was expected to perform two burns to depart Earth orbit bound for Mars. However, these burns did not take place, leaving the probe stranded in orbit. On 17 November 2011, Chinese state media reported that the probe had been declared lost by the CNSA. Anatoly Perminov, head of the Russian Federal Space Agency, revealed in September 2006 in RIA Novosti that Russia and China were working on lunar exploration as partners, and that the Russian-Chinese Space Sub-Commission's priority was to conclude a joint lunar exploration agreement by the end of that year.[37] The first Chinese Lunar Exploration Program un-crewed lunar orbiter Chang'e 1 was successfully launched on October 24, 2007, making China the fifth nation to successfully orbit the Moon.

Cooperation in the field of manned space flight between the CMSEO and the Italian Space Agency was examined in 2011, participation in the development of China manned space stations and cooperation with China in the fields such as astronauts flight, and scientific research was discussed.[38] Potential areas and ways for future cooperation in the fields of development of manned space station, space medicine and space science have also been discussed during the meeting.

Additionally China has tracking facilities outside of China in the following places:

Karachi Station
Malindi Station
Swakopmund tracking station in Namibia
Plus shared space tracking facilities with France, Brazil, Sweden and Australia.

It sounds like you are not very well informed or only believe Fox driven anti-China propaganda.

edit on 5-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

I understand your point.
With this being about the Moon and not internal relations or politics they should share as I am sure they as a country follow news about the ESA and NASA

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

michael1888
reply to post by indisputable

I understand your point.
With this being about the Moon and not internal relations or politics they should share as I am sure they as a country follow news about the ESA and NASA

They most likely will. Like others have said, the rover is in hibernation mode. We do the same with Mars rovers during the winter.

Once its reactivated I'm sure more pictures and hopefully ground penetrating radar data will start to be released to the scientific community.

It does nothing for China's prestige to do a mission like this and not be open with the data. China wants to be viewed as an equal alongside the US, ESA, etc in the space science community. Closing off a mission would not serve that purpose.

This is not the old Soviet Union we're talking about. The only space agency which CAN'T work with China by law is NASA.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
according to this website there will be no more photos.

www.awe130.com...

Why? they 'prove' the Apollo landings were fake. Because Jade Rabbit shows colors and the Apollo-nauts stated all was grey.

What IF? really?

I think the Apollo had B&W cameras only?

who knows, but if the jade rabbit does show things contradictory to Nasa stories then not getting more pics would inn some way validate the moon hoax claimers.

Personally, I can still NOT imagine why, if 50 years ago people landed on the moon, why would China even bother sending a robot? Wouldn't they send a crew of people.?

The question I pose should be considered for awhile before answering.
edit on 5-1-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Narrative posturing.
Akin to, "I know what you did last summer."

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Text The only space agency which CAN'T work with China by law is NASA.

why is this?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1888

Congress. Why else..

See Chinese Exclusion policy at NASA on Wikipedia.

Mistrust of China and Chinese goes back a long time in the nation's history. Google "Chinese Exclusion Act".

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

nickneal7
so by the 9th we can see the moon in HD?

We have had HD images of the Moons surface since Apollo 11!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

HanzHenry

I think the Apollo had B&W cameras only?

They had film cameras so either the film is b&w or colour they had BOTH types of film if you take the time to LOOK!

For example

Apollo 11 70mm Hasselblad Image Catalog

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join