It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet in near miss with UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Interesting article in the Telegraph about an alleged close encounter with a UFO and airliner

An airline pilot has reported a near miss in which a “rugby ball”-shaped UFO passed within a few feet of his passenger jet while flying near Heathrow Airport. The captain told the aviation authorities who have investigated the incident that he was certain the object was going to crash into his aircraft and ducked as it headed towards him. The investigation has been unable to establish any earthly identity for the mysterious craft, which left the aircrew with no time to take evasive action.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You may be interested in the additional information, documentation and comments in the thread I started about this incident a while ago:

Terrified airline pilot DUCKS as he sees UFO heading straight to cockpit

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Most obvious answer?

Drone.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Great thread. Quite an interesting case. Sorry I missed your thread. I probably just saw the word DUCKS in the title and scanned over it assuming it had something to do with duck dynasty nonsense.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

woodwardjnr
Sorry I missed your thread.

No problem at all. It's very easily done. (I've done it myself) I just thought you would probably be interested in the additional information in that thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would probably turn around and fly away considerin how many pilots dissapeared, I dont know how one ducks inside a cockpit effectively.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Seems similar to this incident in 2007 .
en.wikipedia.org...

This case was different as it was witnessed by the crew and passengers and a local ATC could pick up a trace

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh (rugby) balls, just wrote a long reply and ATS 504 timed-out. Bye bye opinions! Basically YES. Cool. These things fly over my house (area mentioned in the article) and I'm surprised they've never been reported as near-misses by pilots in this area, but now, they have. About time
Love this part of the UK for its high strangeness

Edit. 6.15pm. Very interesting. My own sightings each occurred (2005 and 2007) around the 6pm mark. The article also says 34,000ft - which helps me understand what I've seen in terms of its distance and size. Real glad that article has popped up, thanks for sharing!

edit on 6-1-2014 by markymint because: Added info

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I heard about this case. I have to wonder though I often wonder how many pilot/plane ufo's close encounter DO NOT get reported. I suspect its quite a few. I can recall quite a few of the top of my head. The Japan Air plane encounter over Anchorage in about 1980 I think was a biggie, in so far as media attention.

new topics

top topics

join