It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need an Animal Forum ! - I join All members that Already Asked for It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

nugget1

Trueman
reply to post by paradisepurple

Animal cruelity would be just one aspect we can discuss in an animal forum.

I would be all for a forum to discuss the HUMAN side of what CAUSES animal cruelty,sans the gorey details.

Horror stories will do nothing to solve the problem; you need to get to the root of the monster, which is mans depravity.

Let's discuss that, without vivid, soul-haunting descriptions.

We already have many forums for that.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Right, like I said first. It will all depend of what the members will add to the forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think everything you referenced in the OP would belong in the medical conspiracies forum,
Im all for an animal based forum but I think it should be a feel good forum with stories of the amazing things animals do and not the sick messed up s*** humans do to them.

Stories like pigs saving drowning goats, the reunification of sheep and goats who were seperated for getting it on, elephants conspiring to set a captured herd of wildebeast free etc etc

Kinda glad you made the OP coz it is a reminder to put in the T&Cs of the forum not to include stories of animal cruelty.

Lets make it a happy place

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There have been some really memorable pet/animal threads here over the years... I imagine it would be an amazing, very popular forum if they were all in one place!

Please ATS, lets have us a nice new forum for the new year

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

paradisepurple
reply to post by MrLimpet

Exactly! Stories, pictures and videos of cute cuddly things and even the not so cute cuddly things, it would be such a great forum! Except anything to do with spiders

I guess threads about current animal cruelty for those with the stomach to read them will be par for the course and fine if it means it will change people's views on some issues and lead to more awareness and changes.

Your comment is worth 10 stars, IMO.

I could only give you a well deserved "1".

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Trueman

Kinda feel the smiley face is a tiny bit inappropriate after that comment LOL

(was my LOL inappropriate as well?)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
I think everything you referenced in the OP would belong in the medical conspiracies forum,
Im all for an animal based forum but I think it should be a feel good forum with stories of the amazing things animals do and not the sick messed up s*** humans do to them.

Stories like pigs saving drowning goats, the reunification of sheep and goats who were seperated for getting it on, elephants conspiring to set a captured herd of wildebeast free etc etc

Kinda glad you made the OP coz it is a reminder to put in the T&Cs of the forum not to include stories of animal cruelty.

Lets make it a happy place

Thanks for your post. It is helping to shape the animal forum we need. I don't believe ATS is not reading this thread already, so lets see what they have to say

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Trueman

Kinda feel the smiley face is a tiny bit inappropriate after that comment LOL

(was my LOL inappropriate as well?)

We don't have the "thumb up" anymore. But there is already a rant about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

yes! i absolutely support this idea. we talk about everything under the sun here, why not issues related to domestic and wild animals? facebook has proven to be a great source for this sort of topic, why not ATS? someone said fix humans first. that's not gonna happen any time soon. we are here to inform and enlighten, to eradicate ignorance. i am actually surprised that an animal forum does not already exist on ATS. count me in!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Did you make these up or did these things actually happen

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Trueman

nugget1

Trueman

I would be all for a forum to discuss the HUMAN side of what CAUSES animal cruelty,sans the gorey details.

Horror stories will do nothing to solve the problem; you need to get to the root of the monster, which is mans depravity.

Then there would be no need for discussing any form of human/animal cruelty on an animal forum, right?

We could have a T&C stipulating only stories that would be uplifting for animal lovers! I'd love it!

Those looking for stories to feed a need for depravity could find it on the 'other' forums that already exist!

Thanks for clarifying!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

We do have a animal forum, it's just not called that, it's actually called US Political Madness

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Thanks for your post. It is helping to shape the animal forum we need. I don't believe ATS is not reading this thread already, so lets see what they have to say

Ive seen quite a few of these threads and sadly there is never any feedback from the higher ups

Im guessing SO, Springer and Mr Gray probably kick puppies for fun since they havent responded to our impassioned pleas.
And not just stray puppies, ones like these

This is 1 they put in a box and wouldnt let out

They superglued these ones together

This one they keep in their bunker and laugh at all day while calling it names

This 1 they wave treats in front of and then eat themselves

And this 1 needs no explanation, Animal cruelty at its worst

I say that if they dont take the bonnet of that poor dogs head and sort out an Animal Lovers forum in the next week we report them to PETA, Greenpeace and the WWF (and I mean the wrestlers, lots of them love animals and would kick the asses of the sites PTB for not making the forum)

Trueman

We don't have the "thumb up" anymore. But there is already a rant about it.

This is another topic they have ignored us down trodden masses on,join the boycott of current crappy smileys by simply doing this (Insert thumbs up smiley) Thatll show em (Insert evil smiley)

P.s These smileys are OK to use
but the rest NO!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

nugget1

Trueman

nugget1

Trueman

Then there would be no need for discussing any form of human/animal cruelty on an animal forum, right?

We could have a T&C stipulating only stories that would be uplifting for animal lovers! I'd love it!

Those looking for stories to feed a need for depravity could find it on the 'other' forums that already exist!

Thanks for clarifying!

Thank you!! I couldn't agree more that the stories that feed cruelty to animals are all over the internet. If that type of thing interests someone (shudder), they can certainly find it elsewhere. I have been known to shut down my computer for a day just to avoid an animal cruelty story I saw and couldn't bring myself to read. There's enough sick deranged stories in the world without having to sift through animal abuse stories on ATS. I also like the T&C idea regarding the forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

paradisepurple

IkNOwSTuff

Did you make these up or did these things actually happen

LOL

I posted them in the past

Pig saves goat from drowning

Deer and Ram lovebirds

Heres a few others that should have been in the Animal Lovers forum

Blind dogs guide Cat

Whales adopt deformed dolphin

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

LMAO so hard I can hardly breathe and my chest is hurting

Now, if Springer & Co don't concede to that nothing will!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Gotta love your last post. "Thumb up"
"Thumb up"

Admin. and Staff : I know you are reading now "LOL"
"LOL"

Now seriously, I believe our claim is fair and hope you give us what we asked. Show us some love.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ah wow, thank you! My god, animals never cease to amaze me... What about the wilderbeest-saving hero elephants you mentioned, got any links? I can't find anything in a search... Thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by Trueman

We do have a animal forum, it's just not called that, it's actually called US Political Madness

That's an insult to the real animals of the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If ATS were to have an animal forum it would have to be just that, about animals.

Animals for food, the good of mankind, research, wild animals, all of earths animals, cruelty to animals and care towards animals, veterinary or otherwise. Also, what about animal psychology as well as physiology.

Whatever your beliefs, evolution or Son of Adam, you are entitled to it, but that becomes a separate issue for another topic.

The challenge would be to maintain ATS T&C's whilst at the same time encouraging intelligent debate. Having seen some of the ravings on ATS I believe the latter point would be a challenge. Perhaps T&C could include a ban on posting images of animals that denigrate them, i.e. tin foil hats or posed in silly ways.

You can't have an animal forum that ignores intensive farming methods or Japanese cetacean killing, fox hunting or even the unnatural feeding of red kites in Wales that has created huge flocks of chicken hungry raptors...

Well ATS, I guess it is up to the decision makers now, enough people have shown an interest and there are sure to be plenty of debunkers and animal crazies out there to ensure interest in what is posted.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join