It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lesser Keys of Solomon - eviction of 72 demons- book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
hermetic.com...

the link above is a pdf. copy of The Lesser Key of Solomon

what really interests me about this book is the preliminary invocation on pages 4 and 5. this preliminary invocation is for summoning one of the 72 demons that king solomon captured and trapped in a bronze barrel at the bottom of a lake until it was discoverd and was opened. Some demons can be helpful but others can be harmful.

(DISCLAIMER--I DO NOT RECOMMEND ACTUALLY PERFORMING THE PRELIMINARY INVOCATION, I HAVNT EVEN DONE IT MYSELF. IF YOU DO DECIDE TO DO IT AND BE THE REBEL THAT YOU ARE THEN I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY NEGATIVE OR UNWANTED OUTCOMES)
These link below will show you the variety of demons you can summon
www.paranormalhaze.com...
www.paranormalhaze.com...

feel free to read more of the book if youd like. i read a little past the invocation and it described the "definition of magic"
edit on 4-1-2014 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2014 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by golden23

Playing with invocation or evocation when you have not been properly trained is akin to handing a kindergartner a loaded weapon.

I'm all cool with discussion about the text and your disclaimer is well-intentioned, but these keys are not child's play.
edit on 5-1-2014 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

CIAGypsy

Playing with invocation or evocation when you have not been properly trained is akin to handing a kindergartner a loaded weapon.
edit on 5-1-2014 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

It's a little worse than that ;-) I have all 5 books, bought them at 5th Kingdom (Toronto on Harbord) in 1973 for $150. But the danger is not in the calling or admonishing, it's in the conversation in between. I haven't opened those books for more than 35 years.

BTW for the OP, they are not demons per say, they are the guardians of the Guf and they can allegedly teach anything.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/5.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

yes. on the paranormalhaze pages they acted like they were demons, it was even in the title i believe. i read some of the descriptions of them they seemed like they all teach so much some bad some good. i even read the invocation in my head. obviously not out loud to risky i thought. but all in all it cacn be very dangerous. i mean ive never even seen an invocation until then and by default im just like "oh dang, this is the # u see in those horror movies where they summon demons for good purposes but turn out to be bad"

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I tried to conjure Forneus but all that happened was I had to poo. Is there a better "how to" guide for this?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So, what's the topic?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There is a part of me that is very curious about delving into this type of stuff, but I cannot brush off a strong intuition-like warning that is preventing me from proceeding. While it would be nice if one could have some type of confirmation that all this stuff is real, running the risk of experiencing long-term irreversible negative consequences just isn't worth taking the chance.

I found an interesting link warning about The Goetia and The Lesser Key of Solomon, for those interested.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Could you post or type out what the definition of magic is? For certain reasons I would rather avoid reading the links myself, and I am only interested in the definition.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmask

Magic(k) is the art of inducing change in conformity with the will. This is expressed through various means and use of color, elements, visualization, evocation, etc... As CIAGypsy noted, this book and it's contents are not mere childs play and should not be played with for arguments sake or to see what happens. It's like playing with fire; You are only asking to get burned..
edit on 5-1-2014 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmask

just to add on to Veritas' reply - on page 6 - 7 it states this:

Magical phenomena, however, come under a special sub-class, since they are
willed, and their cause is the series of “real” phenomena, called the operations of
ceremonial Magic.
These consist of
(1) Sight.
The circle, square, triangle, vessels, lamps, robes, implements, etc.
(2) Sound.
The invocations.
(3) Smell.
The perfumes.
(4) Taste.
The Sacraments.
(5) Touch.
As under (1).
(6) Mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And how does one go about becoming well trained? I had a longer message but my page mysteriously reloaded before I hit reply, and everything was gone. Annoying.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Research, apply, and research some more.. I always try to gain a good bit of theoretical knowledge about a subject before I ever actually apply it... Application without knowledge or wisdom is dangerous grounds to get burned in any field.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Playing with these things is very dangerous. Not because there are demons that you can summon. It's just age old superstition and religious misconceptions. But because it can open you to other influences. Both real and imagined.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Dark Ghost
There is a part of me that is very curious about delving into this type of stuff, but I cannot brush off a strong intuition-like warning that is preventing me from proceeding. While it would be nice if one could have some type of confirmation that all this stuff is real, running the risk of experiencing long-term irreversible negative consequences just isn't worth taking the chance.

I found an interesting link warning about The Goetia and The Lesser Key of Solomon, for those interested.

I believe this stuff is VERY real... you are wise to go with your gut feeling...

I dove into the spirits of goetia about 8 years ago... theres a lot of preparation involved, including ritual chants, symbol's and components of each summons... it gets very deep, and I was completely prepared to try summoning a spirit...

Something stopped me... it was that same feeling you get but very intense, almost like dread...

Personally I would not suggest dealing with them at all... its very interesting to read about, but not something you want to put into practice

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You forgot to add the rest, thats the best part

These unusual impressions (1-5) produce unusual brain-changes; hence their summary (6) is of unusual kind. Its projection back into the apparently phenomenal world is therefore unusual.

Herein then consists the reality of the operations and effects of ceremonial magic, 6 and I conceive that the apology is ample, as far as the “effects” refer only to those phenomena which appear to the magician himself, the appearance of the spirit, his conversation, possible shocks from imprudence, and so on, even to ecstasy on the one hand, and death or madness on the other. But can any of the effects described in this our book Goetia be obtained, and if so, can you give a rational explanation of the circumstances? Say you so? I can, and will. The spirits of the Goetia are portions of the human brain. Their seals therefore represent (Mr. Spencer’s projected cube) methods of stimulating or regulating those particular spots (through the eye).

The names of God are vibrations calculated to establish:
(a) General control of the brain. (Establishment of functions relative to the subtle world.)
(b) Control over the brain in detail. (Rank or type of the Spirit.)
(c) Control of one special portion. (Name of the Spirit.)

top topics

join