It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Moon Rover Spied by NASA's Lunar Orbiter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hi guys! My first post so dont be to rough with the pineapple ok, please.
Mods please delete or move if needed, I did a google search and an ATS search for this topic.

I thought some of you might like this, It proves that China did land a rover on the moon and it was not hoaxed, mentioned in a few threads.
I hope we are on the verge of a new space race, im sick of us laying dormant.
Link

To verify that the two tiny objects in the LROC observation are indeed the Chang’e 3 lander and rover, an earlier image (pre-Chang’e 3 landing) of the landing site was fortuitously available. A direct comparison could therefore be made. An animation of the “before” and “after” shots are shown here.

What do you guys think, would NASA bend over and subside to a Chinese dominant space age?
Or is competition a good thing like the original space race?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

False flag! Never a straight answer. Gubbiment is…!

Wait what?

Oh that's cool.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Can they tell what the lander and rover are up too? Seems like they have to hibernate when it's too cold, siesta when it's too hot, when are they going to do some work? Or maybe the rabbit did not use Energiser batteries, and just can't keep going and going?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Hahah, probably typical Chinese tech, It needs someone to go up there and give it a kick!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

In my opinion, NASA has the capability of much higher resolution imagery than what we see here.

That imagery cannot be released.... ever. Otherwise, you know what!

I think it's absurd that they try to pass off grainy images where rovers are mere pixels when we all know that imaging technology is several hundred times more advanced.

Relax, just my opinion. I'm sure there are some great "scientists" here at ATS that disagree, still thinking that Hasselblads and 4 megapixels with 20x zoom are relevant.

Eventually, in a just world, truth will prevail. When it's the year 2050 and we still have not sent a man beyond 400 miles from the earth without adverse effects, maybe science will look closer at what was claimed in 1969.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

Congratulations on your first post, welcome to ATS Space Exploration!

I love the fact that NASA's Lunar Orbiter can snap such good closeups of our landers and rovers on the Moon. Have you seen the images of thr Apollo landing sites? You can even see astronauts' foot tracks in the lunar soil!

There's a thread on this forum about the Chinese rover, but if you really want the most up-to-date info about it and its activities, have a look at the Unmanned Spaceflight Forum.

The rover is currently in hibernation for a couple of weeks during the lunar night, but before it went to sleep it took some cool pictures, did some exploration, and performed some science (such as obtaining its first spectrum analysis of the lunar soil - english.ihep.cas.cn...)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
reply to post by muSSang

In my opinion, NASA has the capability of much higher resolution imagery than what we see here.

That imagery cannot be released.... ever. Otherwise, you know what!

I think it's absurd that they try to pass off grainy images where rovers are mere pixels when we all know that imaging technology is several hundred times more advanced.

Relax, just my opinion. I'm sure there are some great "scientists" here at ATS that disagree, still thinking that Hasselblads and 4 megapixels with 20x zoom are relevant.

Eventually, in a just world, truth will prevail. When it's the year 2050 and we still have not sent a man beyond 400 miles from the earth without adverse effects, maybe science will look closer at what was claimed in 1969.

The LRO is capable of much better resolution than this. The Apollo sites were snapped from as low as 12km, whereas the current photograph of the Chinese probe is from much higher. It takes time to re-arrange the orbits, so I'm hopeful that they will get lower and thus get better shots.

If your opinion is that they are capable of even higher quality than the LRO, you do of course have some sort of evidence for that? And you can back up your suggestion that the best camera going at the time of the Apollo missions couldn't take high quality photographs?

Eventually, in an educated world, people will read scientific literature and understand it so that they can balance their arguments properly and not rely on unsupported opinion to dismiss pioneering research.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Quick response with terribly false info!

Your second thread ever - Why Do You Think NASA Lies to Us?

Umm, I'm probably gonna regret this later, but I just wanna get into some people's heads and try to understand why are they so convinced that NASA and other government-paid space organisations are giving us false information.

Give me a break. Never called someone a shill on ATS before, so why start now?

You just happen to like Kool-Aid, I think.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

LRO has imaged the lunar surface at up to 25 cm per pixel resolution, which is pretty damn good if you ask me, and is comparable to the best spy satellites orbiting Earth. But such images require LRO to swing into a very low orbit, where it travels very fast, so these excursions don't happen very often.

Opinions are like asses, everybody has one. Technical considerations have more weight, so when you say "they can take images 100 times better" I say "show me how". Could a Hubble-sized telescope get financed, built, launched into the orbit around the Moon and stay operated there, all without the public knowledge or anyone leaking the info?

InTheFlesh1980
Give me a break. Never called someone a shill on ATS before, so why start now?

You just happen to like Kool-Aid, I think.

I'm just a space enthusiast, following space news and the publically-available data. If I got paid to be a "shill", that would be a very easy life, considering that I currently work at a factory for the minimum wage and struggle with paying my rent.

P.S. since we're now looking at personal threads, here's your thread LRO Team Releases High Res Topographic Map of Moon where you got your questions answered and were provided with valid sources. If you don't trust the hi-res imagery from LRO, what _can_ you trust?
edit on 5-1-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

LRO has imaged the lunar surface at up to 25 cm per pixel resolution, which is pretty damn good if you ask me, and is comparable to the best spy satellites orbiting Earth. But such images require LRO to swing into a very low orbit, where it travels very fast, so these excursions don't happen very often.

Yes. A single one of these "excursions" could have quelled all doubt about the Apollo moon landings in one fell swoop, but it has not happened yet, has it? And it will not happen.

A handful of genuine photos at the resolution you speak of would take care of so much, yet it has not been produced despite your admittance that the technology exists?

Opinions are like asses, everybody has one.

Yes. Do you have an ass? It is much like your opinion, no? I mean no disrespect; it is your chosen phrasology.

Could a Hubble-sized telescope get financed, built, launched into the orbit around the Moon and stay operated there, all without the public knowledge or anyone leaking the info?

Yes. Easily. Do you live in Candyland?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ok, so on one hand we have the argument that the Chinese cant actually be a serious threat because they cant build anything militarily up to standard, such as this beauty here:

But then by the same token these guys come out and buy a ticket to the moon!:

Now I don't know what others think here on ATS, well actually some people aren't backward in coming forward about what they think (just kidding :cheers
)but in reality maybe these guys have a few tricks up there sleeve, that is unless the space division in China gets more funding than the Air force technology division I suppose,lol.
We also might see a few of these getting around soon in the sky's of China:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

Yes. A single one of these "excursions" could have quelled all doubt about the Apollo moon landings in one fell swoop, but it has not happened yet, has it? And it will not happen.

A handful of genuine photos at the resolution you speak of would take care of so much, yet it has not been produced despite your admittance that the technology exists?

It has happened. I mentioned so earlier in this thread (saying that you can even see the astronauts' foot tracks in the lunar soil), and a simple Google search would have given you articles and images with the 25 cm/p resolution.

featured-sites.lroc.asu.edu...
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
www.universetoday.com...
www.universetoday.com...

Did it quell all doubt about the reality of the landings? No, the conspiracy believers are impervious to any such evidence. "LRO images are faked/photoshopped/doctored" is their usual argument, but which doesn't have any weight.
edit on 5-1-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

"LRO images are faked/photoshopped/doctored" is their usual argument, but which doesn't have any weight.

Does your argument have any more weight? I can photoshop images better than NASA did, and I'm an amateur.

I work with people that can make your mama look like Brooke Shields circa 1985 with photoshop.

The feeble arguments don't hold up anymore. I hope you're here after years and years when NO MAN has left near-earth orbit "again". Fact is, mankind has not visited the moon.

The moon is over 240,000 miles away. Mankind is several decades away from making it more than 400 miles from the earth. It was a political ploy, no more, no less. The year is 2014. NASA currently has no estimate as to when a man will visit the moon again.

Right, we don't have any more scientific research that can be done? There are more than 20,000 proposals in the queue for experiments to be conducted on the moon should we return again (and possibly thousands more that have not been documented), and we have "nothing to learn" from sending a man back there? Get real... talk about living in a deluded reality.

People just have a hard time accepting that they were lied to for other purposes. Laser-ranging experiments to prove it? Please... worst evidence ever, and can be accomplished with no mirrors or apparatus on the moon whatsoever.

Every proponent of the Apollo missions has no more positive proof than the millions with common sense that know (because they use the mechanism between their ears) that the moon landings were faked for ulterior motives.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Just how can laser ranging be done without a mirror?

Just bounce it off the regolith and hope for the best?

The moon is over 240,000 miles away. Mankind is several decades away from making it more than 400 miles from the earth. It was a political ploy, no more, no less. The year is 2014. NASA currently has no estimate as to when a man will visit the moon again.

Right, we don't have any more scientific research that can be done? There are more than 20,000 proposals in the queue for experiments to be conducted on the moon should we return again (and possibly thousands more that have not been documented), and we have "nothing to learn" from sending a man back there? Get real... talk about living in a deluded reality.

Why does a man have to go do a job a rover can, you know, like the Chinese one currently there?

and I'm an amateur

Yes, I think this is clear.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

I feel like I have to apologise to you muSSang, you come here to post your first thread with interesting and valid space news, and find it being squatted by moon hoax believers that turn arguments on their head just to keep their belief going.

On the topic of the Chinese lander and rover, it would be nice if LRO went to a lower orbit again to photograph them at 50 cm or 25 cm resolution, but it seems unlikely. Such a low orbit requires burning fuel for orbital corrections, and they want to save it to extend the mission as long as possible. Still, a series of images showing the progress of the rover over time would be nice, as well as images at different times of the lunar day to show the progress of shadows.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

the moon landings were faked for ulterior motives.

What were those motives?
You moon hoaxers make me chuckle every time you try to prove the landings were fake.
You are the same type of people that probably think the world is flat and the moon made of Swiss cheese

edit on 1/5/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It's all good, I used to be a skeptic, with so many ambitious countries, if the USA did fake
It they better get back there to plant the evidence

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

PLAYERONE01

We also might see a few of these getting around soon in the sky's of China:

That image shows the delivery of the plastic replica to the Expo Park in Zhenhai. You can go there and have your photo taken next to it.

lh3.googleusercontent.com...

See following links for details of the Expo Park and info that places the image at the site.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do realize that the H-6 bomber you posted is just a continued development of the Soviet supplied Tu-16 Badger? The Chinese have been licence building and developing them since the late 1950s so not really remarkable that they can still produce them.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I knew this might turn out to be a which country has the biggest penis thread!
Compitition is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

news.discovery.com...

when the second photo appears, it looks to me like the lander and rover have shadows..
yet, in both photos the shadows don't change on anything else.

sure someones gunna throw a fish in my face at something obvious missing! :/

top topics

<<   2 >>

join