It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn Out The Lights... Forever!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I personally think going back to a time without electricity would be fun. I was just telling my grandmother the other day that it would probably be the best thing for us health wise. No more fast food chains or genetically modified foods...no more couch potatoes. Would also bring people together more. It's all I can do to get my mom to put down her phone for an hour when we're doing something together. So annoying... Anyway, I agree. I don't think we are mature enough for a lot of the things we have. I'm pretty sure mother nature is going to call a "redo" and wipe us all out eventually. I wont blame her.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Bigburgh

But think about it. I'm in Amish country. They can do it. And have a long time. Our ancestors did it. That's just here. Where is to cold and wet or hot and humid. In other parts of the world where the climate is more stable and warm you have tribes. They can do it.

This is an even better point. There are people still without the 'benefit' of electricity in their lives, and also people who could have access if they wanted to, but choose to opt out. In the case of nuclear meltdown, they are still affected should we cease power manifestation.

In this way, third world problems are a direct result of first world problems.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm all for turning out the lights. As much as I appreciate electricity, I think the world would be a friendlier place without it.

My wife's village of ~800 people got electricity around 8 years ago. She says she thinks it was better when there was no electricity because instead of people crowding around a television or playing on a cell phone game or other electronic device... People instead were socializing as groups around fires. Talking, playing games, and enjoying each others company. The arrival of electricity led to one of the first breakdowns of their culture.

The next breakdown will be when they get a good cell phone signal. Then they won't have to walk across the village to talk to someone, or hike to the top of another mountain to get a signal. It will further breakup social interaction.

If people had to produce their own electricity for consumption I believe they would be much more appreciative of it.

<< 1   >>

join