It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Good is a Question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So I'm sitting outside a coffee shop, talking to this guy, smoking a cigarette. The parking lot is full, and this lady pulls in, rolls down her window and asks us if we're leaving. I thought of being snarky, but she was cute, so I said, "Only if it's with you!" I got a smile out it.

But really? I'm sitting here smoking a cigarette, talking to a guy. Is this what leaving looks like?

It seems more and more often I see people confused about simple situations, like they can't use their sensory receivers to gather information about their environments and answer simple questions for themselves.

Bill Engvall has made millions on this seeming principle with his "Here's your sign" bit. That is just not right.

And how many times a week do you ask someone a question, and they give you an answer to a completely different question? Did they not listen? I'm not talking existential, metaphysical, conspiratorial, supernatural or otherworldly questions, I'm talking about questions like, 'how old were you when you got your first facial piercing?' Simple questions.

People that I talk to on the streets, in clubs (where I have the displeasure of chasing paychecks), and on the interwebs seem to be pretty detached from their environments, each other, from reality. The denial is so thick you can taste it. The illusion is growing stronger instead of reality pushing through it, it seems.

Discuss, mortals...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Maybe some people are so locked into their own agenda to care / listen to / interpret the words / situation of others.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think you miss interpreted this females interaction with you, when she said "excuse me are you leaving" the female was implying "hey I want you table so move along.........PAAHHlease"
I hope this clears things up a little

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

No, I do plainly understand that she was telling me to GTFO, as she was surely the type to think that she could. Her mistake was thinking I gave a damn, resulting in a waste of both of our time. But it was a good try, and it probably works most of the time.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think the more plugged in we are, the less human we behave.

Think about it: people can barely have a conversation, ride a bus or wait in line anymore without being plugged in and connected.

The more "connected" we are, the more disconnected we become.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

LadyMachiatto
I think the more plugged in we are, the less human we behave.

Think about it: people can barely have a conversation, ride a bus or wait in line anymore without being plugged in and connected.

The more "connected" we are, the more disconnected we become.

Just more divisions and distractions to break the human race down.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My fiance' will ask questions like "when did you get your ears pierced". This for some reason triggers a long winded story to which she replies "Your like Mr. Miyagi", you couldn't just say 15? To which I laugh because I see myself doing it but for some reason the story needs to be told as if I'm reliving that moment in time...

I do have to agree about the woman, and what perfect resonse! Sometimes I wonder why individuals do what they do, when answers to the trivial questions in life are right in front of there eyes, yet to them are hidden in plain site.

It's quite a predicament...

new topics

top topics

join