It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Video - Only White On Black Or Gay Hate Crimes Count?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

If you actually believe this you are either in denial, or a part of it.

No sir, you're in denial and stuck in the past. You claim in an earlier post that because something bad happened in the past to blacks that all whites now reap benefits from it. You're smoking the white guilt crack and your addiction to it is clouding your judgement. The only denial here is by those like you who can't even acknowledge the kind of hate that festers inside of you.

Jim Crow laws and racism simply morph into less obvious forms.

Wrong on two fronts there buddy.

#1 Jim Crow laws were actual LAWS that existed which segregated blacks, those laws no longer exist and haven't for 50+ years, you can't paint it any other way. There is no morphed lesser form of Jim Crow laws.

#2 There is no morphed lesser "obvious" forms of racism, racism is racism. You can't just define it to be whatever you want it to be so that you can hate whoever you want and feel justified for it.

A simple google search on the definition of racism is as follows -

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Make up as many definitions you coin to be "true" forms all day if you want, but it doesn't refute the above.

Like now, a employer will use code words of, "Don't send anyone with gold teeth or dreads". (As I work in the employment field) Who else has dreads by and large?

These kinds of descriptions are used for every single race that exist on the planet. Are you offended by the gold teeth and dreads comment, or the fact that some employers don't want to allow gold teeth and dreads?

(ETA, btw, it's against the law to not hire someone based on race if this is the intent, has been for a while. Just putting that out there in case this is the angle you are pushing)

If it's the former reason then perhaps you can explain to me how society in general describes white rednecks? How about Mexicans or Asians? You're going to find stereotypes everywhere, but for some reason blacks are the only ones truly butt-hurt about it.

If it's the later and you're upset that a workplace may not want to allow gold teeth and dreads then suck it up, it's no different than not accepting jewelry or visible tats.

Also, anyone truly can have dreads (my hair is long enough for it, I've met plenty of white hippies with dreads) and gold teeth, not just blacks but I do get it being a black stereotype thing..

My advice here is to just stop being such a baby.

How can the KKK NOT be a white organization?

Ever heard of the black panthers? Or wait, are you of the ilk that doesn't believe blacks can be equally racist?

I can't help but smell a troll here..
edit on 6-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Wookiep

No sir, you're in denial and stuck in the past. You claim in an earlier post that because something bad happened in the past to blacks that all whites now reap benefits from it. You're smoking the white guilt crack and your addiction to it is clouding your judgement. The only denial here is by those like you who can't even acknowledge the kind of hate that festers inside of you.

Wrong on two fronts there buddy.

#1 Jim Crow laws were actual LAWS that existed which segregated blacks, those laws no longer exist and haven't for 50+ years, you can't paint it any other way. There is no morphed lesser form of Jim Crow laws.

#2 There is no morphed lesser "obvious" forms of racism, racism is racism. You can't just define it to be whatever you want it to be so that you can hate whoever you want and feel justified for it.

A simple google search on the definition of racism is as follows -

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Make up as many definitions you coin to be "true" forms all day if you want, but it doesn't refute the above.

Like now, a employer will use code words of, "Don't send anyone with gold teeth or dreads". (As I work in the employment field) Who else has dreads by and large?

These kinds of descriptions are used for every single race that exist on the planet. Are you offended by the gold teeth and dreads comment, or the fact that some employers don't want to allow gold teeth and dreads?

(ETA, btw, it's against the law to not hire someone based on race if this is the intent, has been for a while. Just putting that out there in case this is the angle you are pushing)

If it's the former reason then perhaps you can explain to me how society in general describes white rednecks? How about Mexicans or Asians? You're going to find stereotypes everywhere, but for some reason blacks are the only ones truly butt-hurt about it.

If it's the later and you're upset that a workplace may not want to allow gold teeth and dreads then suck it up, it's no different than not accepting jewelry or visible tats.

Also, anyone truly can have dreads (my hair is long enough for it, I've met plenty of white hippies with dreads) and gold teeth, not just blacks but I do get it being a black stereotype thing..

My advice here is to just stop being such a baby.

How can the KKK NOT be a white organization?

Ever heard of the black panthers? Or wait, are you of the ilk that doesn't believe blacks can be equally racist?

I can't help but smell a troll here..

Speaking of smelling a troll...

Racism is not in the past, for someone to not see this, they are in denial. Heck, we can look at youtube comments on issues concerning black people and you will ascertain that everyday white/Asian/Hispanic people absolutely hate black people.

A white person doesn't have to worry about being legally lynched as in Trayvon Martin. Where half the country swallows some half-aaaa story, the way they did in the days of "Sundown Towns". Ya know where the little town would justify killing some black person after dark because he was "eye-balling a white woman, or stealing clothes off a clothes line".

Maybe you are eyes closed to the systematic racism, or maybe you are simply feigning ignorance? When was the last time a white community had to endure a Contra where an agency in your government dumps crack into their neighborhood?

Racism is much more covert now, due to Civil Rights and the world (who we attempt to police) is watching. But make no mistake it hasn't gone ANYWHERE.

Does the white race has to endure a judicial system which actually implements LAWS designed to catch as many of them as possible. Reference the crack/coc aine law: Everyone knew crack was a black drug, while powder coc aine is a white drug. How come crack came with minimum sentences while coc aine could effectively get you a slap on the wrist?

There are tooooo many instances to list...please digress...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Racism is not in the past, for someone to not see this, they are in denial.

You're right, racism is more rampant now more than ever and most of it is coming straight from people like the AG, white liberals and blacks who constantly feed into it with their never-ending hate for the "guilty" white race, the WHOLE race. I see it every single day. This blind hatred is causing the denial of it's existence altogether, it's pretty sad.

Heck, we can look at youtube comments on issues concerning black people and you will ascertain that everyday white/Asian/Hispanic people absolutely hate black people.

We can look at youtube comments all day long. I can probably point out more black "cracka" comments than any other in it's catagory on youtube. I'll bet most of these people who you think "absolutely hate" black people are probably just people tired of all the BS coming from much of the black community more often than not lately.

I personally know plenty of people who are confused and frustrated on why all the racial accusations are being thrown around by blacks when we have a black (looking) president and many blacks in positions of power. Remember though, you seem to think many blacks aren't rabidly racist now in this day in age so arguing this point with you is moot.

A white person doesn't have to worry about being legally lynched as in Trayvon Martin.

A white person wasn't involved in that case, Zimmerman is Latino, get it right.

Anyway...

You have no idea the amount of ignorance behind this statement. The media was the only entity that made this case a racial issue, and the emotional and whiney liberals ran with the bait like clockwork. The funny part is, on the soundbytes from the liberal media, the only thing ever proving anything racist was Travon himself and his "cracka-ass" comment. Of course I'm sure you ignored that right off the bat.

Neither the FBI, Travons parents, the court or the judge EVER had anything proving the incident was race related, only the media and their doctored soundbytes. It's your fault you took the bait and ran with emotion rather than any solid evidence. Let's not also forget that Zimmerman broke no laws, he was getting his head bashed against a curb and felt his life was in danger. It was within the limits of Florida law that he was able to defend himself. The prosecution NEVER had anything on him and the jury knew it, rather quickly I might add.

If the roles were reversed in this case and it was a black man who shot a Latino who happened to be beating his head on a concrete curb, it would never have made it to the news and you know it. No Jessie Jackson or Sharpton either, NADA. You are buying the race baiting.

Ya know where the little town would justify killing some black person after dark because he was "eye-balling a white woman, or stealing clothes off a clothes line.

Name and town, specifics please. Let's not make blanket statements otherwise we're just going to see another travon martin case. (see above) If white men are going around killing blacks for this reason then report it to the police and let the court gather evidence, don't just throw out random accusations.

What about the "knockout game" within this last year? We KNOW most of these attacks were by blacks and we know the targets were white on purpose. Why is this not a hate crime that your beloved AG so wholehartedly supports? Why the hypocrisy and double-standards? Can you really not see why this is pissing people off?

Maybe you are eyes closed to the systematic racism, or maybe you are simply feigning ignorance? When was the last time a white community had to endure a Contra where an agency in your government dumps crack into their neighborhood?

Although this was more specific to demographics (out of L.A.) and the poor who were in predominantly black neighborhoods, it was not so much an attack on a whole race. There are a crap-ton of reasons why the CIA did this and it's a rabbit hole of corruption and evil that goes way beyond race. Yes, the CIA involvement in drug distribution in poor black neighborhoods was deplorable. This is part of a REAL core of corruption that exists. With that said, it's another topic and I do not equate it with racism against blacks in society as you believe it to exist today.

Racism is much more covert now, due to Civil Rights and the world

I think racism today is very much out in the open from much of the black community and white liberals. Again, we see it amost everyday. Just look up all the ATS threads on it, it's ridiculous. Why can't everyone just take Morgan Freeman's advice? If you missed the video it's on the bottom of page one.

Does the white race has to endure a judicial system which actually implements LAWS designed to catch as many of them as possible.

YES, have you read the OP in this thread? Read it again or get glasses maybe.

Reference the crack/coc aine law: Everyone knew crack was a black drug, while powder coc aine is a white drug. How come crack came with minimum sentences while coc aine could effectively get you a slap on the wrist?

I don't know the answer to that question but yes it's pretty ridiculous. I also agree that more blacks are locked up than whites, it's a statistical fact. You think it's because all cops everywhere are just racist against blacks. I think it has more to do with the culture that exists in the black community that promotes violence and drug use, hence resulting in higher crime rates, but I'm sure you think that makes me racist. To that I say, whatever.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Wookiep

You're right, racism is more rampant now more than ever and most of it is coming straight from people like the AG, white liberals and blacks who constantly feed into it with their never-ending hate for the "guilty" white race, the WHOLE race. I see it every single day. This blind hatred is causing the denial of it's existence altogether, it's pretty sad.

Heck, we can look at youtube comments on issues concerning black people and you will ascertain that everyday white/Asian/Hispanic people absolutely hate black people.

We can look at youtube comments all day long. I can probably point out more black "cracka" comments than any other in it's catagory on youtube. I'll bet most of these people who you think "absolutely hate" black people are probably just people tired of all the BS coming from much of the black community more often than not lately.

I personally know plenty of people who are confused and frustrated on why all the racial accusations are being thrown around by blacks when we have a black (looking) president and many blacks in positions of power. Remember though, you seem to think many blacks aren't rabidly racist now in this day in age so arguing this point with you is moot.

A white person doesn't have to worry about being legally lynched as in Trayvon Martin.

You have no idea the amount of ignorance behind this statement. The media was the only entity that made this case a racial issue, and the emotional and whiney liberals ran with the bait like clockwork. The funny part is, on the soundbytes from the liberal media, the only thing ever proving anything racist was Travon himself and his "cracka-ass" comment. Of course I'm sure you ignored that right off the bat.

Neither the FBI, Travons parents, the court or the judge EVER had anything proving the incident was race related, only the media and their doctored soundbytes. It's your fault you took the bait and ran with emotion rather than any solid evidence. Let's not also forget that Zimmerman broke no laws, he was getting his head bashed against a curb and felt his life was in danger. The prosecution NEVER had anything on him and the jury knew it.

Ya know where the little town would justify killing some black person after dark because he was "eye-balling a white woman, or stealing clothes off a clothes line.

Name and town, specifics please. Let's not make blanket statements otherwise we're just going to see another travon martin case. (see above) If white men are going around killing blacks for this reason then report it to the police and let the court gather evidence, don't just throw out random accusations.

What about the "knockout game" within this last year? We KNOW most of these attacks were by blacks and we know the targets were white on purpose. Why is this not a hate crime that your beloved AG so wholehartedly supports? Why the hypocrisy and double-standards? Can you really not see why this is pissing people off?

Although this was more specific to demographics (out of L.A.) and the poor who were in predominantly black neighborhoods, it was not so much an attack on a whole race. There are a crap-ton of reasons why the CIA did this and it's a rabbit hole of corruption and evil that goes way beyond race. Yes, the CIA involvement in drug distribution in poor black neighborhoods was deplorable. This is part of a REAL core of corruption that exists. With that said, it's another topic and I do not equate it with racism against blacks in society as you believe it to exist today.

Racism is much more covert now, due to Civil Rights and the world

I think racism today is very much out in the open from much of the black community and white liberals. Again, we see it amost everyday. Just look up all the ATS threads on it, it's ridiculous. Why can't everyone just take Morgan Freeman's advice? If you missed the video it's on the bottom of page one.

Does the white race has to endure a judicial system which actually implements LAWS designed to catch as many of them as possible.

YES, have you read the OP in this thread? Read it again or get glasses maybe.

Reference the crack/coc aine law: Everyone knew crack was a black drug, while powder coc aine is a white drug. How come crack came with minimum sentences while coc aine could effectively get you a slap on the wrist?

I don't know the answer to that question but yes it's pretty ridiculous. I also agree that more blacks are locked up than whites, it's a statistical fact. You think it's because all cops everywhere are just racist against blacks. I think it has more to do with the culture that exists in the black community that promotes violence and drug use, hence resulting in higher crime rates, but I'm sure you think that makes me racist. To that I say, whatever.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Wookiep because

Had this all laid out, let me see if I can cut and paste because I don't feel like typing again:

Your use of black (looking) President touches another point. You acknowledge he is only black looking? Nevertheless, WHAT positions of power? President isn't even a position of power in reality.

No this case was made racial when George profiled Trayvon, and when myself (who lives in Florida) heard on the news that George was released because the police stated he was "clean cut and educated". I said WTF...THAT is when it became racial for me. You swallowed that b.s. that the kid was a thug and just out the blue attacked the guy who had been following him. In such a haste to excuse George that you never answer the question of "why couldn't Trayvon stand his ground". The prosecution, upon later examination, were in on the whole thing. They were in on it, by not putting up a viable case, I could have done better. Their assertion should have been George had that gun drawn from the start and that's why the conflict began. After talking to cops and even knowing myself, THERE'S NO WAY ANY ARMED PERSON GOES AFTER A PERCEIVED THREAT WITHOUT THEIR GUN BEING DRAWN! And it's why a man in the prime of his life couldn't defend himself, he had both hands on that gun, screaming, while Trayvon was fighting for his life.

Shows how gullible you are. The knockout game otherwise known as assault has been around since I was in school in the 80's! It's no more prevalent now than it was then. And it's not racial, it's about easy targets. Black people have been victimized by this crime since forever, just in the hood it is simply called "getting jumped" and they don't report it. There isn't any double standard, the stupid guy you guys support was stupid enough to video tape himself and confess.

So basically, you don't know why but it just can't be racism?

You don't WANT to know the answer, because it is too obvious.
edit on 6-1-2014 by DZAG Wright because: It didn't post as intended
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Your use of black (looking) President touches another point. You acknowledge he is only black looking? Nevertheless, WHAT positions of power? President isn't even a position of power in reality.

Wow, this is some spin that the liberal MSM would cook up, it's rather humorous. Lay off the MSNBC man. Obama is half black half white, but he looks black. The only reason the left hasn't labeled him an "uncle tom" is because he happens to be a liberal. The point is, no-one ever points out his real racial heritage. Herman Cain is 100% black, but he's an "uncle tom" according to the left because of his political affiliation. It really has gone bat # insane lately. (No, I'm not a republican either, see sig)

As far as pointing out all the blacks in positions of power..really? Do you really not know all the positions in government/power filled by blacks? No, I'm not looking it up for you because you are now just displaying blind ignorance. Maybe you're trying to be smart and want names of blacks in black ops programs etc, who knows. You wanna keep up the whole "poor blacks, they are so oppressed in the USA" card go right on ahead, I just bet it doesn't fly for very much longer, I could be wrong though.

No this case was made racial when George profiled Trayvon, and when myself (who lives in Florida) heard on the news that George was released because the police stated he was "clean cut and educated". I said WTF...THAT is when it became racial for me. etc etc etc etc blah blah blah

Regardless of your opinion on the matter, there was not enough evidence to prove racial profiling. I think Zimmerman was a jerk for making a choice to follow him, but being a jerk isn't against the law nor was the FBI convinced it was racially driven. Everything else in this parahragh was so ridiculous, I'm not even wasting my time with a response to the rest, sorry. (The prosecution was in on it! LOL and I'M the gullable one?!))

knockout game otherwise known as assault has been around since I was in school in the 80's! It's no more prevalent now than it was then.

Why are you intentionally leaving out the part where I specifically mentioned recent cases "within the last year"? I never said the concept of the "game" hasn't been around a while. Go ahead and just toss out the racially motivated "hate" in these recent cases. Sheesh. You've shown your racial one-sided bias, there's no point in even trying to have a constructive conversation with someone like that.

And it's not racial, it's about easy targets

Yeah ok, and I'm sure you, Jessie and Sharpton would buy that excuse from a white person. HA, I'm done with this convo. Peace.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Nephalim
reply to post by elouina

I'm sorry you still haven't convinced me Eli. I'd leave the Ag alone if I were you. This debate has been run up and down by the HJC among other committees long before you ran into it and hes still there and not going anywhere. Honestly, until I see him personally throwing black pride up in a black uniform along with that crew of irrelevants or driving a rainbow float in a gay rights parade...screaming kill whitey and death to the antigay your points are dead in the water. Hes not done any of that; he didn't write hate crime leg; he can decide who and why to prosecute or even defend at his disgression based on evaluation of resources at his disposal which are in fact limited.

Anyway, I'm done but carry on. Don't mean to be a troll. Just not convinced.

Actually I saw a glimmer of hope that you did understand. Yes the debate has been up and down the committees. But I feel Holder's recent actions and most importantly inactions deserve further scrutiny. Thus why I dig this back up.

You know I see this thread has taken a recent bad turn. Pity... Yeah I will admit that I see a ton of racist comments from all over the internet. And they are coming from all races. This tends to anger me, and I am not the type of person that gets angry easily. Those people are not representatives of any race. They are the scum of the earth, the (insert color here) trash. Just like the overall majority of Americans ignore the KKK, I think the majority also ignore the New Black panthers and the other great dividers. Unfortunately, too many people put too much stake in our elected and appointed officials.

As for your comment of not messing with the AG, I am not afraid. Because I know I am right. Holder needs called on this, and I hope he sees this. Because in my opinion, he is one of the great dividers doing serious damage to our country. Shame on you Holder!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Isn't all violent crime, hate crime?
IMO this is just another way to imply
the double standard and to further
divide the American public as well
as instigate more crimes
against gays and blacks!
This is just another issue that pulls our
attention away from the vastly more
important problem of social degradation
and inequality destroying our world!

This is like ignoring the knife in your chest
to get treatment for the splinter in your
finger but the truth is our society is
insane!
edit on 7-1-2014 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Flint2011
reply to post by elouina

On the one hand I see where Holder is coming from but the Senate committee are right in that there is no more room for exclusion or excuses and things need to be reformed. It's shameful that such a thing needs to be addressed at all but a reality just the same. Times are changing and we must adapt our laws to honor those times and do so with great care and with justice and equality in mind for all. I have no clue how to solve such disproportionate inequality in our Nation and society today but then when the Hate Crime laws were made they were but a stepping stone towards finding a solution towards what we face today. Some if not all of them are failing portions of society as much as they once empowered change and equality in society.

Still, bigotry and racism exists but not like it did and it is because of these types of laws in part that helped pave the way for that to be a reality but the same laws have served to do misjustice to portions of society as well in many cases.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

I believe your out look is Flawed because IMO laws don't change outlook's and only education has the power to do that!
In my opinion, it has an effect on impulse control to some degree and some day we may even get to the point of looking at each other by the content of our character instead of our religious, cultural or class differences but until we have an education system that can break down these barrier's, along generational line's, we will continue to see bigotry and racism no matter how many laws are written or whom we write them for!

edit on 7-1-2014 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Schools and the state make poor parents,that is who's job it is to fix such issues.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

I agree. Education is part of the problem and could be part of the solution. I didn't state my view as a single mind set. So the flaw is in your perception of what I stated more than what I actually stated.

That's okay though. No offense taken. Good on you for contributing to the subject matter. It doesn't negate what I have said. It simply correlates with it.

The reality is that there are many factors to it. Education being one of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Holder is an incompetent ass and 100% unqualified for the job. He got it because the Clintons hold Obama's leash and make all the important decisions for him, choose his people for him and Holder was one of their loyal stooges.
He's in on the business of causing division and the best thing I can suggest is to just not play their game.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
For the love of God, WHY can't any of you see who pushes this old game on us all still? It's becoming truly mind blowing that 99% still can't figure this game out. It has NOTHING to do with your race, it's being spread for us all equally. I spent a lot of time struggling with it myself, till I finally realized where the blame lies.

It isn't something that could really be said, you have to figure this out yourself. It isn't "elites", "nwo", "tptb", illuminati", "neo-nazis", etc.....................

We don't ever really have to be friends, just strive for the better existence. Someone has been working against that end since the beginning of time/history. SAY THEIR NAME!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join