It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Video - Only White On Black Or Gay Hate Crimes Count?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
It will be a much better world when we have people of age for leadership that didn't grow up in a world of hate.

I look at Eric Holder and I can't help but seeing the little boy he must have been, scared of the world and hated by so much of it, given the years that would have been for the state of civil rights in this nation.

Perhaps when the last generation born of hate has passed, the hateful trolls it produced will pass along with it. Holder is one big government troll. Hmpf.

Thats actually a very good point re: eric's experiences as a boy/young man that have shaped his paradigm. It gets hairy when those hanging onto very personal and traumatic episodes get into positions of power.

And he's got to be passive-aggressive about his agenda, like we are witnessing in the videos. Otherwise one can quickly be exposed to the masses and be on the outs. (The masses being the key, as I bet most people off the street have no idea who eric is or the position he holds). Good thing for him, terrible for America that he has friends in high places.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I do not speak for wrabbit, but a person holding a grudge that long should be sidelined...your job as AG is about law and maintaining the standards of law and not leaning to one side. You cannot hold todays generation responsible for past generations mistakes as it is just bs...How should I feel as an American Indian? how long should I hold a grudge on peoples actions of the past??? is his mind that of a child???

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Nephalim

Wrabbit2000
It will be a much better world when we have people of age for leadership that didn't grow up in a world of hate.

I look at Eric Holder and I can't help but seeing the little boy he must have been, scared of the world and hated by so much of it, given the years that would have been for the state of civil rights in this nation.

Perhaps when the last generation born of hate has passed, the hateful trolls it produced will pass along with it. Holder is one big government troll. Hmpf.

Thats the generation they grew up in. These folks are the last of it. ((Hopefully)) but I can tell you my mother and father both saw segregation. His points are valid, our country has a nasty history.

Your parents aren't the only ones who lived in that time. I remember the miserable "forced busing" integration failures quite clearly. If we live blaming historical failures we live in the past. I could rag about the Romans suppressing my ancestors or the Germans bombing my grandparents as well but it was in the past. People need to get over it.

Sorry both you and Wrabbit are wrong on this one. One look at the news about knockout games should be enough to show the hate generations are still alive and well.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

My question is...how do you NOT see the imbalance here. This man lives on a one way street from crapville with a liar as the mayor, keep your eyes closed, there is nothing for YOU to see...

Maybe because I grew up knowing what racism is. Maybe its because I know. You didnt have to be part of the civil rights right movement to see it, while I was growing up I experienced it. I heard the words wetback and 'n-word' at a very young age. Maybe Im also biased? Discrimination is not that far removed today is it? Its everywhere you go, anyone who says different is in denial or part of it, hell its right here on ats. Its in Government even.

Thats all I have to see my friend. For me not to look at that video and see a bunch of white guys bashing a black guy and basically grilling the man with distant accusation is well... ignorant because thats our history. My only question is why in sam hell is this man a democrat or , you know, even a republican today from the smut Ive heard.

I must be biased myself if so, I dont have a choice but to be that. But him? Im not so sure. You dont take that job if you are. I dont see how you get stopped as a prosecutor and searched, then go on to being the AG and not wonder if youre not being targeted by a bunch of white people who summon you every time you turn around over crap like this. In my mind thats a big X on his back that says shoot me here. How do you not see that? Is there nothing for YOU to see? Or am I reaching?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You are biased and you are reaching. There may be small pockets of white on black racism (in the south maybe?) but those who towed the line of the KKK and Jim Crow laws have been largely shunned by society in this country for quite some time now. The average U.S. Joe walking down the street had no part in it, and never agreed with it. You better be careful with that hate or you and others like you are going to lead the U.S. into a new era of KKK, except this time it isn't going to be a white organization. Really think about that.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yes, you are reaching, and dwelling in the past which removes your focus as a human. for us to evolve as a whole we cannot live by past actions of people we never knew, it keeps us in the poop pile of racism and hate which we must overcome to move forward. I have felt some of what you feel, and I have learned it was not people of today that did these horrible things that guided my life. I will not say i am sorry for anything as I have never wronged you or anyone else, look around you, the rich, powerful and top celebrities are of all colors and creeds, the world of today is an open path to take you where you want to go with no boundries no matter what color or base of life, as you set your own limits...do not blame your neighbor for your mindset, he did not set your mind, you did that. If you wish to live in the past...you and eric enjoy the decorations, but at his level the world should have a balance for everyone as we are all equal....non equality is only gray matter...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well Im not the one who made the thread, so apprently Im not alone in reaching. Jews were getting knocked out, mexicans have been jumped by blacks, blacks have been wooped on by whites and gays still get bashed, right along with christians and muslims ect and the wheel goes round. I dont see the bias.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Do you realized that you just mirrored Oprah's sentiment? Just wait for the bigoted hate mongers to die? So basically you are stereotyping all old white people as racists. Major cringe here...

I am not certain if you consider 50 as old. But this old white lady never once encountered racism stirred up by white people while growing up. Holder looks to be my age, so he was likely friends with many white people growing up just like I was with black kids.

It really does sound like you are trying to rationalize his racism. And someone in his position should not have any.

Anyways, I felt this old subject needed dredged up again because of the knockout game business... I read a news article from back when this Black Panther business came up and they said, "if Holder continues with his selective enforcement, pretty soon there will be violent attacks on white people". Well guess what folks, we are at that point.... Now what?

edit on 5-1-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Wookiep

You are biased and you are reaching. There may be small pockets of white on black racism (in the south maybe?) but those who towed the line of the KKK and Jim Crow laws have been largely shunned by society in this country for quite some time now. The average U.S. Joe walking down the street had no part in it, and never agreed with it. You better be careful with that hate or you and others like you are going to lead the U.S. into a new era of KKK, except this time it isn't going to be a white organization. Really think about that.

There is no me and others like me man so theres no need to be careful and no need to worry. You folks are preaching to the choir. I just dont see the bias here. You guys better dig more and do better than this congress grilling the AG over things they dont approve of.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Nephalim
Well Im not the one who made the thread, so apprently Im not alone in reaching. Jews were getting knocked out, mexicans have been jumped by blacks, blacks have been wooped on by whites and gays still get bashed, right along with christians and muslims ect and the wheel goes round. I dont see the bias.
My friend the bias is in your post, re read it ..clue: you left out blacks wooping up on whites....but I am sure that many whites love you for who you are and what you bring to the table...maybe some potatoes and a smile???

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

There is no me and others like me man so theres no need to be careful and no need to worry. You folks are preaching to the choir. I just dont see the bias here. You guys better dig more and do better than this congress grilling the AG over things they dont approve of.

You don't see a problem with the AG and what he is trying to do, others do, hence the nature of this thread. Eric Holder and the Obama administration are trying to start a race war for political gain, that's a pretty big deal! Is it a distraction? Maybe. Divide and conquer? Probably. Does skin color or sexual preference even matter? Nope, but they sure as hell want you to think it does.

It's really too bad you don't see that. This isn't about how he grew up, or how you grew up, this is about hate, and it's growing as a result of such rhetoric. I think people are so fed up with the fact that this "racism" BS is being used as a tool, and it's a very dangerous one.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well, I think I'd simply meant to note the fact that Holder acts and leads from a position of fear and manipulation of the population to counter his own fear of it.

His warped sense of right and wrong for society dates back.

He's become what he likely grew up hating and is perpetuating it further by his own actions. Of course, those who are most led by hate are the least likely to see it for what it is...and Holder is certainly no exception to that one.

He won't resign and the President will bestow immunity upon him through executive privilege to make pushing investigations far enough to get to that point a futile effort. It's a hell of a thing to see...it really is. The checks and balances are all essentially countered at the moment.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

teslahowitzer

Nephalim
My friend the bias is in your post, re read it ..clue: you left out blacks wooping up on whites....but I am sure that many whites love you for who you are and what you bring to the table...maybe some potatoes and a smile???

No i said the wheel goes round its right there. I dont understand the rest of your post sorry.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ok gottcha.. Whew, you had me worried there...

There are many black people in my area that live in bigger homes and make more money than me. I say good for them, since your income is an indicator of your drive to succeed. I will be honest, I have reached a point in my life that I just want to coast. Sure I could make more and live in a fancy house also, but I am satisfied. I don't need to be a supervisor and get all stressed out and over worked. But basically according to Holder, making less means you are being discriminated against. This is what I personally see wrong with his ideas. My black supervisors had the same opportunities as me and they took them, while I opted to coast. No discrimination there.... Although I told them they were nuts since our supervisors have it very rough... LOL....
edit on 5-1-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
As an American Indian, my life has been no picnic...I have struggled, worked hard all of my life and been ridiculed, beaten and most everything you can think of. I am not bitter and blame no one for the path of my choices as they are my own. Out of high school just before enlistment, I worked with an old black man named Benny, he had no last name as he was left at the hospital in Georgia just after birth. he spent his whole life in an home and "left" at 13 years old. his life was crazy bad, abused at all levels and turned away from most everything. I asked him why he was so cool and content all the time and he told me His goal in life was to make every day better than the one before, improve the quality of his surroundings each and every day...and make people miss you when you are not around.no matter your color, your heart still has red stuff in it, and treat everyone good and not blame them for somebody elses deeds. These and other words from this man changed the way I think everyday, and live by those words. Benny had no family, he could not produce children due to damage from beating after beating, his wife fell off a scaffold and left him with NO family at all, he lasted 5 years after his wife passed. Along with me, there were 300+ people at his funeral...he found a way for people to miss him when he was not around...what the hell is your excuse???

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You can't dwell on the past. Move on... If you can't, then that is your hang up.

Holder is there to do a job and without prejudice. If he is incapable of doing this, then he should step down on his own. This is the grownup thing to do and is best for the country. Sorry but I just can't see people responsible for a large population having a psychological hang up.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

elouina

You can't dwell on the past. Move on... If you can't, then that is your hang up.

Holder is there to do a job and without prejudice. If he is incapable of doing this, then he should step down on his own. This is the grownup thing to do and is best for the country. Sorry but I just can't see people responsible for a large population having a psychological hang up.

Oh please. I think the pissing contests need to quit. Thats what i think.

This same thing happened to Louie Gohmert, Janet Napolitano, Michelle Bachmann ect and it was over basically, near basically the same subject.

And dont worry about my "hang ups." :/ jabs don't help your point.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't think its possible for some race and justice ideologues to rap their brain around the idea of reverse discrimination. They have been indoctrinated to a point of favoring an institutionalized, for lack of a better word, justice by anti justice. Just another facet of an ongoing anti-constitutional trend.

Although I don't disagree with your sentiment here, I do take issue with on term that you use, reverse discrimination. There is no such thing, it is a buzzword that was created to take the focus of the actual discrimination that was still occurring in the 1970's.

Discrimination is discrimination, no matter to whom it is being inflicted upon or for what reason it is done.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

You raise a good point, and you're right. I think the whole "reverse" term has recently come in to play more often because large portions of society now believe that discrimination or racism can only be coined by any side as long as the victim isn't white. So yeah, there is no "racism" or "discrimination" against whites these days, and society, at least the whole of liberals in society really genuinely believe this.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Nephalim
I must be biased myself if so, I dont have a choice but to be that. But him? Im not so sure. You dont take that job if you are. I dont see how you get stopped as a prosecutor and searched, then go on to being the AG and not wonder if youre not being targeted by a bunch of white people who summon you every time you turn around over crap like this. In my mind thats a big X on his back that says shoot me here. How do you not see that? Is there nothing for YOU to see? Or am I reaching?

So what would you define this above quote as being. Please enlighten me.

Speaking of the "X" on his back... Race is an issue only because holder has made it an issue. Even down to his never ending rude comments. Oh yeah, the average AG makes race an everyday subject... How would black people like it if they were singled out by an AG and called cowards, huh? He would have been canned in less than a day!

This is a perfect example of the race division mentality of Eric Holder, and why he should not be the AG. The AG is supposed to be out for fair and equal justice for all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join