It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Seagal considers running as governor of Arizona

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
another bad-ass

muyai thai is no joke. tony jaa is pretty cool.

edit on 31181711031pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

diggindirt
Well, I like the guy's movies and I'm all for anyone who is articulate and has an idea getting out there and running for office.
He made a movie in eastern Kentucky back a few years ago (Fire Down Below). He made a lot of friends up there I can tell you. The people who worked with him thought he was a great guy, easy going, and quite funny.
I'm thinking he doesn't fit into either of the major parties so he'll be an indie ----yeah!

As for Jessie, he's one of my heroes. I've never met him but I was honored to be able to work with his campaign manager when I was running for public office. I'd never heard of Jesse until he ran for governor. From the stories Doug shared, he is a stand-up guy, one that I'd be proud to call my president because I'd never have to wonder about his love of his country. I don't have to agree 100% with a fellow in order to vote for him.

jessie has some issues that might hinder his bid for POTUS.

like this,

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Actors are interesting as political candidates because if they are "stars" like Seagal, they already have name recognition and interest from the general public. That is a huge hurdle that an actor doesn't have to cross but that your average dirt bag lawyer or dirt bag son of a wealthy family does have to cross.

That can make for some interesting political dynamics.

The average dirt bag lawyer who runs for office has to make a lot of deals and commitments in order to become candidate. The average movie star might have to make fewer of those deals. His problems will start once he is in office. Pressure on him will have to be grandfathered, the way it was on Reagan, via John Hinckley.

Seagal might be more prepared for that sort of thing than most.

Bottom line, politics is politics, everybody has the right to run for office no matter what we think of their profession. Wasn't Cicciolina (Ilona Staller) elected in Italy?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Steven Seagal does not have to make dirty deals to get in office? Really?

Do you know what he did after the Boston Bombing? He went to Russia. Yes They had that all on the news. Him dancing all strange in Russia. Him hanging out with Putin. Him hanging out in Chechnya with Ramzan Kadyrov.

img.thesun.co.uk...

images.politico.com...

Is he rubbing that guys knee?

1.bp.blogspot.com...

Oh him going to the Russian gun show.

ruptly.tv...

That reminds me of what he did in Russia then when he came back he tried to make deals to sell Russian firearms in the United States.

From Russia with love.

images.bwbx.io...

World peace while holding a sniper rifle at a Russian Gun Show?

His favorite dancing in the world?

And how about this woman?

en.wikipedia.org...

Yabshi Pan Rinzinwangmo (尧西·班·仁吉旺姆, born 1983) is the only child of the 10th Panchen Lama of Tibet and Li Jie, a Han Chinese who was a doctor in the People's Liberation Army. Popularly known as the "Princess of Tibet",[1] she is considered important in Tibetan Buddhism and Tibetan-Chinese politics, as she is the only offspring in the 620 plus year history of either the Panchen Lama or Dalai Lama reincarnation lineages. Rinzinwangmo was schooled in the United States for 10 years prior to returning to China in 2005. That same year, Rinzinwangmo began her PhD in Finance at the prestigious Tsinghua University in Beijing. In June 2010, Rinzinwangmo finished her doctoral thesis and graduated. As both a Chinese/Tibetan and a global youth leader, Rinzinwangmo dedicates much of her time and energy to her ongoing roles with numerous global charities and organizations: namely the All-China Youth Federation, Tibet Red Cross, Snowland Great Rivers Environmental Protection Association, and several orphanages and eye camps in the Tibetan ethnic regions. Fluent in several Tibetan dialects, Mandarin Chinese and English.

She spent ten years in the US going to school and lived with her God Father. Guess who that is?
edit on 6-1-2014 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

No wonder I rarely read local news anymore. I live in AZ and the last few governors have been jokes. This joke wouldn't be very funny.

I'm sure he's an okay guy, but he's a bad actor who likes to hurt people, so what qualifications does he have... oh... wait... I see... maybe he is perfectly qualified for politics... poor AZ, so mired in stupid.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is as much of it as I have found and it's a repost...

filmdrunk.uproxx.com...

-Peace-
edit on 6-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 6-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Added Link

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Yeah , and if you Don't Vote for him , he will Snap your Neck like a Twig ! .....

s297.photobucket.com...
edit on 4-1-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

LOL OMG thank you for that! that was hilarious..

Grim

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

My thoughts are, they may need him done there to kick some alien ass.
Like Bruce before him the guy can seriously open a can o whup ass.
Unlike most in Hollywood. Other than that he's a studied Shaolin.
I say give him a whirl, he couldn't possibly be worse as a politician
than, take your pick who.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I get that you don't like Steven Seagal and you are certainly entitled to hate the guy if you want to, but the rest of your post is a little difficult to understand. Are you saying that deals made in Russia are going to get him elected in the US? How does that work?

Simply going to Russia, being friends with Russians, including Putin and endorsing Russian firearms products as consumer goods (if that's what he did), even if it was all done after the Boston bombing (!?!), is not illegal, immoral or a guarantee of votes in the US.

Being godfather to an important Tibetan aristocrat is an interesting personal connection but what do you think it means, that he intends to recruit Tibetan troops to fight the Mexican migrants on the Arizona border?

After his first few movies I thought quality suffered a little, but other than that I really don't see Mr. Seagal as a sinister figure.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

As bad as his movies were, I can already pick up the vibe of his term.

Simply put.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

pretty good?

How about freaking awesome! makes Segal look like the over-weight reject in my third grade karate class.

"Master, the people of the community don't like me and call me names." Tony Jaa for a US politian sounds for a better move

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join