It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Insider Warns “Preparations Have Been Finalized To Respond To A Crisis Of Unprecedented Magnit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

You mean like Greece where the banks via the government looted bank accounts? Of course many in the USA believe they are immune from this. However the laws have been changed over the last few years and now it is entirely legal for the bank to bail-in depositors. Personally, I think the American people will roll over belly-up when the have 20-40 % of their savings and retirement given to help the banks..... The fact is ... it is only a matter of time before our American banks need bailed in.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by mysterioustranger

And I too carry Defender PDX+1/124 gr hollow points in my own home firearm. Means ditty.

Being in the medical game, you are obviously acutely aware of the terrible damage a hollow point round Vs ordinary round will do...for those who don't, the difference is a HP round will take huge chunks, limbs and so on off a victim...an ordinary round will make a small hole. Both have the capacity to wound and kill of course, the difference is, death is FAR more likely to occur when a victim is hit with hollow points.

The question i have i suppose is why you feel the need for the overkill?

Not directed at me, but going to chime in anyways: One of the standard adages of using a firearm on another person in a defensive scenario is to know what you're shooting at, and what's -behind- it.

The reason to use JHP (Jacketed Hollow Point) ammunition isn't for "overkill" as much as it is "stopping power" though that is a term I generally dislike using, as well as avoiding "over penetration" of the target and potentially hitting someone behind them; which is a very real possibility with most full metal jacket or hard cast bullets.

For those of us that carry defensively, if we use our firearm it is because we need to put down an assailant. In that scenario I want to do the maximum amount of damage per shot as possible, with as minimal a risk of injuring a bystander as possible. Hence, hollow points. The wound cavity is larger, and the system shock is greater.

If they, the assailant, have attacked or threatened me to the point of using a firearm, I'm no longer worried about how much I hurt them in protection of myself or family; however I do not want to hurt innocent bystanders by shooting right through them. Likewise if DHS had to use a firearm on a person, I'd be rather glad they weren't shooting him AND everyone behind him with FMJ rounds.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Thanks for the information.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cows11

Yeah, there's nothing more reliable than a annonymous source. Hey, 'Annonymous Sources' tell me that I'm the most irresistable man in the world. Now I just have to get the rest of the world to believe it. I wonder if I can get FOX'News' on board?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Great post.

I will also add that historically the military shoots people behind cover more then state side law enforcement officers.

FMJ is much better for penetrating cover then your standard jacketed hollow point.

If I was fighting a war where the enemy would be hiding behind cover I would much rather use FMJ or some kind of barrier blind ammo like soft points.

Also as a law enforcement officer I do qualify with the ammo I carry which happens to be hollow points.

Obviously most of our practice is done with standard FMJ.

However, it is absolutely false to say we don't train with hollow points.

We have to make sure the hollow points function properly in our firearms.

Just food for thought.
edit on 6-1-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think it will be something to do with Government generated checks. Possible shut down connected to welfare and disability, Social security checks... - antar

Could be that the recent refusal to extend the long term unemployment benefits is just the beginning...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

xuenchen
Makes some sense especially because the general economic/political "environment" since 2008 has been a bit suspicious.

I think they will do it by creating a massive computer outage.

Perhaps many recent "isolated incidents" are the test of reactions.

And Obama himself seems to be sluffing off a lot of failures lately too.

He is very dangerous right now.

When Gila Monsters bite, they don't let go until sundown.

This is the same article you posted except yours was done by the Canadian Press. The reason I say this, is because I was sure I had read this article somewhere before.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

havok
Doesn't matter at this point. If you haven't learned to live without...it's too late.

So an engineered crisis takes place...big deal. We all collectively had years to prepare for any type of scenario, be it economic, social or natural. The past teaches us how to live and learn the skill sets to avoid future mistakes. If we haven't learned by now to be self-sufficient, then we have no one else to blame but ourselves. We all had the time to learn. But did we use it wisely?

Being prepared doesn't qualify someone as being a "conspiracy theorist loony". It means that instead of wasting the last few years watching TV, spending money on frivolous things, being consumed with social media, or just outright spending time being a brain-washed consumer zombie...but instead planning how to grow food, maintain a community, staying healthy and active, keeping stock of non-perishables and water, basically learning how to survive without the "grid".

So that if the inevitable takes place, we are ready not worried. The coming "collapse" means nothing because we have learned to live without their system.

oh wait....not everyone has paid attention...too bad...such a shame.

I'd get rid of that giant chip on your shoulder toward anyone and everyone before the "coming collapse". It would behoove you.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have been suspicious that something was coming for years but this is probably just noise. If/when they do something, they aren't going to telegraph it. These people are professional villains. Which is why I don't trust Snowden. They don't take these kinds of chances.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Ah Greece! Incompetence is not a conspiracy, it's just incompetence. I bet the Greeks didn't mind getting paid high wages and getting a lot of time off prior to the complete collapse of their monetary system. But all good things must come to an end, don't they?

Greece is about incompetence. The Greek government, in order to try and keep their citizenry happy, over spent and eventually the citizens paid for it. Could it happen here or anywhere, probably, if we allow the gov't to keep spending.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

So many scenarios, so many plausible situations....Yet so many more assumptions on both of our parts. We have to assume that there is some shadow organization that controls the world. Then we have to assume that they want to destroy that which they already control so they can control it more. I guess you could say that they don't control America and that's why they want to destroy it, but the assumption is they control our government and banking system. If you control a nation's gov't and banking system you pretty much control the country, right?

So many moving parts hidden from the ordinary citizens but thankfully we have heroes such as the anonymous DHS Insider who, with absolutely no proof, is easily able to control us. No, you say, this Insider doesn't control me and yet here we are, posting anonymously ourselves, discussing the rantings, er, information, from someone we don't know is who he/she says they are. Kind of interesting.

Perhaps that is the true conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

Because a person saying, hey this is my name, is going to change everything. That it'll make it that more believable?? PLEASE!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sound the alarms! My goodness, from the postings here I'd say the "inside source" missed the obvious, the crisis of unprecedented magnitude appears to be paranoia. Why should this surprise anyone? Global monetary crisis/collapses have been happening for as long as ships crossed the oceans. China and Spain both collapsed from an overabundance of silver when that was the mode. Remember the Great Depression? That happened and here we still are. The PTB or Elite, or whatever you'd like to refer to them as do a lot of damage, but the unwashed just keep adapting and moving forward, not always easily, but my faith in humanity is that of the masses and not the PTB. Is mounting a resistance going to matter? It will allow the controlling group to hone in and eliminate those "resisters" much more easily. The article sounded like a typical pushing out of gov't workers at the high end of the earning spectrum and the bitterness of a lifetime of bureaucratic workplace anger. Each day is new, some are good, some are not. Time to puree the parsnips!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

No sir, Im honest. Ive nothing to gain by being less than honest. And there are thousands of volunteers across this country like me who are regular people, with day and night jobs, kids in school and homes and cars to maintain.

As I said. Volunteering is because we like it and want to give back to our community. We aren't so naïve to think when after responding to the "big-one"...they'll come after us, our families and weapons we've legally trained and certified, and tear them out of our arms under the guise of Marshall Law.

Longer term teammates of mine of all ages, have always realized that no matter what we think or believe...they are coming for us too. We'll just be last. We know.

And what we do in this? We KNOW the PTB are the problem and have ulterior motives...but we care more about helping the needy, injured and wounded...then we do about them. We know the truth.

Thank you again. Your thoughts are appreciated and well taken. MS

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I wouldn't be disarming anyone. They'd disarm me ( conveniently for them...we cant carry ours on assignment). And please read my other responses here today. We know theyre gonna use us and come for us too. Only after we've done our jobs.

The use of HP's response follows below.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Thank you and appreciate the kind words. That said, if that be the best post, then this site is in serious trouble!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Exactly sir. Thank you. See my other response below please.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Your question:
"The question i have i suppose is why you feel the need for the overkill?" (ie: use of Hollow Point rounds)

My response:
You mentioned overkill. Ive ascertained some thought on this and its not on killing, but stopping the threat.

I now carry a Glock 17 9mm. I will never carry anything larger. It has 17 rounds in the one mag. With either hollow points or metal jackets, one can kill just the same. Whereas the concern would be the mj's going right through someone and then ricocheting around, through and behind passersby or into a home where there are people.

I was STUNNED to learn there are people who load say 2-3 mj's 1st then a couple hp's and then again say mj-hp-mj-hp etc. Place a hole, do a ton of damage, place another hole...you get it. That is SO far from the need to defend oneself! Its realistic to have to fire more than one or two rounds at someone, more if youre running, hiding, shooting and running again. Here is where I can make my point on your question.

Im not the best shot, and understanding I want to stop the attack against my neighbors, my family, myself or the little old lady pumping gas...Im wanting to completely hit and stop my target with the LEAST amount of shots fired. The least. Im not looking to kill any assailant unless I HAD to... only stop them long enough to stop the threat.

And I prob wouldn't make a hit the 1st time, nor 2nd, most likely the 3rd or so...and I'd want that one to count. Hence the desire to use Hollow Points and quickly and effectively stop the threat with the very minimums of rounds fired by not just making holes. An assailant can keep coming at you with a few rounds in them as mj's make "holes".

I also spent the late 1980's and all of the 1990's here at a large mid-western University Hospital in the Trauma Center and Burn Units, Urgent Care and Ped's ER. Ive seen a lot as well.

Closing with that...I will just use the best 1, 2 or 3 defensive rounds to end the conflict. Not overkill at all. Just hopefully a quicker end to the situation. And hollow points can attain that just as mj's can. Just sooner.

Being a DHS/FEMA volunteer as well...I do that to HELP and medically treat and move the injured...not to be the one causing the injuries.

Personal self defense is entirely another matter under extreme conditions.

Thanks again! MS

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

I think when we see the end of the unemployment checks for real without any more extensions, that will be the real harbinger of doom for our entire system as we know it starting with what has been come to know as entitlements such as what the WORKERS paid into never to see the actual returns on such as Pensions, Social security and disability.

Edit because i just cant talk today...fumble brain
edit on am131amTue, 07 Jan 2014 10:05:01 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join