It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama concocting 'Manufactured Crises' to stay in Power ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FarleyWayne

Hmm... well I used to think that he would try to stay as President past 2016, and maybe that was the plan once... but I see that it might be hard for him to last 2 more years, let alone more than that.

My honest opinion is that he might be assassinated. I'm not promoting this.

But I'm saying the following - if he was involved in some rough crowds before getting elected and becomes less useful to them, they would rather see him go than stay around if he knows too much. Simple story with rough crowds.

Plus, he doesn't really have allies in the traditional C.I.A. / N.S.A. government (possibly some factions, and maybe some in the intelligence agencies also qualify under the "rough crowd" label).

Then you have the likely "assassin" - some redneck or something. Maybe something even more creative that I'm not thinking of that would be more useful politically than that.
edit on 04pmSat, 04 Jan 2014 21:37:48 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I will start by stating I did not vote for the president. But I guess I am different than everybody else. Maybe it is being a veteran, or being independent. But once people are elected, congress, president, I get behind them and want them to succeed. I look at positives.

The stock market is the highest it has ever been. Despite doom sayers we are seeing a real recovery take hold. The auto industry are doing well and the money is paid back completely by some.

I hear people continue to cry about health care, I see my wife able to have coverage for the first time in years. I have come to realize some people really are either diehard to the right republicans, that just say no to everything he says or does, or really do have a problem because he is African American.

Listen they all lie, their politicians. Bush did, the all mighty Reagan did, so did Bill, they all do. I really don't get the genuine hate and animosity. His time is done. And I would say one thing to all of you that we all need to understand. The president does not, can't write law. He can give this idea to his party but ultimately it is written and submitted by them. He signs it into law.

If you want change it only comes through congress. Get active, vote, it does matter. Our system isn't broke, there is no one else running our country. What is broken is us, the people. We bytch and moan and cry but we don't vote or stand up and tell our representatives to stop stonewalling and acting bipartisan and start compromising and work together to get things done.

Our apathy is to blame. We let the status quote continue. We should all come out and vote every incumbent out on their arse. No more. Stop blaming the president, he does not make law, he only has limited things he can do period.

I get tired of hearing the same old diatribe. His time is done. Count all the time off and globe-trotting he is gonna do he is done. By this time in every second term president it is over.

Time to think about who you are going to complain about next time lol.

The Bot

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I understand some of why you feel the way you do. I too, used to feel a kind of loyalty to a sitting President. This gives him a chance to prove his words through actions, as the leader of our Nation. And, I can see how your Wife having health coverage is a big plus for you.

But, this President has not been able to stand by any of his words to me, that were important to me. He's disrespected our Constitution as no other, that I can remember in 50 years. And, he certainly uses his magic Presidential pen, to bypass the normal government bodies of checks and balances, to get his agenda pushed through.

He scares the crap out of me, in his deaf ear to the people he claims to represent.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by dlbott

I understand some of why you feel the way you do. I too, used to feel a kind of loyalty to a sitting President. This gives him a chance to prove his words through actions, as the leader of our Nation. And, I can see how your Wife having health coverage is a big plus for you.

But, this President has not been able to stand by any of his words to me, that were important to me. He's disrespected our Constitution as no other, that I can remember in 50 years. And, he certainly uses his magic Presidential pen, to bypass the normal government bodies of checks and balances, to get his agenda pushed through.

He scares the crap out of me, in his deaf ear to the people he claims to represent.

JMOHO...

Des

Sorry for the quote but with memory sometimes it is hard to remember what I am replying to lol. What specifically did he say that he let you down. I am not love fest, I get disappointed too. I still try and support and be positive but I also let his staff know it, I doubt he ever hears though lol. For instance, the NSA programs he inherited but chose to listen to the folks in charge and keep things in place.

I know that what happens is they get in there with all these ideas and promises and real quickly start getting hit in the face with reality. Take NSA, he learns that it really has stopped some terrorism and actions that are ongoing and that we will never be told about. Most of their work happens this way. He learns how we have become almost entirely dependent on this data and that real people intelligence, spies on the ground, hardly happens anymore. To the point without these programs we would be almost blind.

When he gets in there he learns it is hard to keep those promises and he has to chose his battles wisely. The only president in the last twenty years who actually did things right and came together with the other side was bill Clinton. Can you say balanced budget. It will never happen again the way things are going. But he will only be remembered for his lie. They all lie, every one.

Don't feel to harshly, it is a very hard job. I would not want to do it lol....

The Bot

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

SWCCFAN
Looking at the stock market and comparing it to the 1929 collapse we appear to be in a similar point in time according to the charts compared side by side. I think the first manufactured crises of 2014 will be with the stock market and the banks.

I mostly agree, except I think the coming economic crisis will need to be precluded by a false flag type of event to make an "excuse" for the collapse (and resulting action by the Fed and the government), and to keep people's attention focused in multiple directions, therefore minimizing the effects of any kind of concentrated uprising.

I they simply "pull a Cyprus", and try to seize everyone's accounts without ANY other global events to keep people occupied, the unified retaliation would be too great.

I hate to throw around the term "false flag" so willy-nilly, but I really think it applies here.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Let's just say there is a good reason to legally remove Obama and he does get impeached and removed from office, I think there may be riots because to many of his followers he is pretty much infallible. To them nothing he can do can be wrong and they would be unable to comprehend why he is being impeached and removed from office.

When he was elected, I made a bet with my ex-roommate, who was an Obama 'freak' that there will be people calling for his impeachment, just as there were people calling for Bush's impeachment for war crimes and Clinton for getting caught with his pants down. Needless to say, I'll never see that money.
edit on 5-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

They said the same thing about Bush.
And I'm pretty sure when this ride is over, the only
thing they will not have taken, will be our illusions.
New hobo in 2016

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

He won't be impeached because he hasn't done anything impeachable. No matter how many idiots feel he has. The real law makers in Washington are not even remotely leaning in that direction. This carp comes from Obama haters and it always does. Never never never a credible source for these ridiculous stories. Why are they allowed on this site where deny ignorance is supposedly the motto. Supposedly but certainly not in reality. There is a plethora of ignorance to wallow through here on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

No there isn't despite your personal feelings . Which is what you base you post on.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Obama inherited the most broken country imaginable because he is African-American, and we all know a lot of people find it's easy to blame the black guy.... I live in the south and hear it every single day from ignorant people who just don't seem to know any better.

He inherited a most broken country from white guys, the white guys broke it with their avarice and deceit long before he was even born or able to reason about what goes on here, and I believe he actually DID intend to FIX things somehow.

Hillary Clinton came up with the "Health Care Reforms" so many are talking about right now which are causing so many problems with so many people, and really amounts to little more than a bailout for insurance companies and stifles innovation to develop anything resembling a good system of health care for the citizens here.

Bill Clinton (The Clinton Administration at least....) rescinded Glass-Steagall and allowed the banks to do as they please and land us in the same mess we were in before the first depression.

Bill and Hillary were more than likely both little more than pawns also, because those who are not elected stay around to write the legislation that enriches them at the expense of the majority

Anyone who would go against the monetary elite gets killed, we need more brave people to go against them before it's too late, we need ourselves to go against the elite. Nothing changes here when people expect to basically lead their lives in a "Not Rock the Boat" fashion, in order to end up living for eternity in a supposed "Paradise" that may just not exist at all.

Anything that would influence people to ignore obvious wrongs, like being taught to let the unrighteous be unrighteous, is a dangerous and stupid thing which keeps those "Unrighteous Ones" in places of power, and divides those who believe one way from those who believe in another.

This world is based on prejudice and unfairness, neglect and abuse are standard practice, and it's always been that way.

Business and the pursuit of money for nothing are what ruined this country, we as a nation seem to love the idea of the old "Snake Oil Salesman", wanting a cure all and a shot of happy juice to glaze over our eyes and put a stupid smile on our face.

Gotta do it ourselves, bite the bullet, stop feeding it, stop arguing and keeping anyone from being able to get anything done at all, we all know what we NEED but too many Can't see the difference between WANTS and NEEDS.

Anyway, what were we talking about?.....

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

There is no recovery, corporations etc. are buying back their own stocks to reduce the supply of stocks and jack up the price of them, that's why the "Big Fake Market" appears to be OK, you might even be able to make a few bucks here and there when they throw you some scraps, but you better know when to get your money out or do something with it with some kind of guaranteed return.

The same is happening at the grocery store but opposite, same package, less product.

Inflation is rampant because of there being too much funny money in the system, and it keeps getting worse with every passing day.

Many people who have lost their jobs or become underemployed are spending less money because of it. There is a delay in the effects of whatever input of so many months or weeks, and the final numbers a tweaked to hide really big swings either way which would indicate an imminent problem.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

muSSang
The powers that be will just put another puppet, I mean muppet in

Of course they will try. But it's going to be difficult for them to get people excited again like they were with Obama. This is one thing that has me thinking they might be out of ideas. They started building Obama up in 04. The only possible candidate they seem to be trying to build up now is Hitlary. I think they know that would be a mistake.

It doesn't seem like there are any new players. Two years isn't enough time to bring a complete unknown out of nowhere and get people really excited. Also, I'm not sure people would be fooled like that again. Obama told so many blatant lies without blinking, I think there's a good chance people just might be wary of any crazy (too good to be true) promises.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by jrod

No there isn't despite your personal feelings . Which is what you base you post on.

I never said there was.

I'm not an Obama hater. I just proposed the IF he were impeached then there would be many of his faithful who would not be able to comprehend why.

However all career politicians commit impeachable offenses, the successful ones are just better at burying their skeletons.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by muSSang

He won't be impeached because he hasn't done anything impeachable. No matter how many idiots feel he has. The real law makers in Washington are not even remotely leaning in that direction. This carp comes from Obama haters and it always does. Never never never a credible source for these ridiculous stories. Why are they allowed on this site where deny ignorance is supposedly the motto. Supposedly but certainly not in reality. There is a plethora of ignorance to wallow through here on a daily basis.

I quite agree that there is a plethora of ignorance, but look in the mirror before you post such things.

If President Clinton got impeached simply for lying about Monica, but you cannot see what Obama (or Bush, for that matter) have done that is so much worse, then there is no way to educate you any further.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Seriously? Are you still pulling out the race card for this man in his SECOND TERM IN OFFICE??

Every president inherits a more broken country from his (or potentially, her) predecessor. But already in his second term, his cheerleaders are still playing the race card and blaming Bush. As far as I'm concerned, there is NO DIFFERENCE between Bush and Obama. If I were blind, I wouldn't see the color either, and all I would know is that the same agenda that Bush was pushing, Obama is pushing even harder.

Put it back in the deck, that won't fly anymore, Shiner.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Now, this post I 100% agree with. Our economic system can only be propped up for so long, something's going to have to give....and it will be us....until we have nothing left.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

peter vlar

Change the date to January 2008, change Obama to Bush and change ACA to the US Patriot ACT and this is the same BS I saw 6 years ago. It's just cyclical fear mongering. I read many similar articles relating to how Bush had made this executive order or that signing statement and was just biding his time for a great crisis to be utilized to keep himself in power. It's good to be cautious but this article goes a step or two beyond caution and enters tin foil hat land at a rapid pace.

The difference between Bush and Obama (at least to me): Bush made me wake up. Obama made me pay attention.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Same here. Unfortunately, that leaves us both in a small minority. It saddens me to be planning for the worst, instead of the best in life, in my twilight years.

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well, let's just start with the fact that you got the story from World Nut Daily. Then let's leave it there.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

peter vlar

Change the date to January 2008, change Obama to Bush and change ACA to the US Patriot ACT and this is the same BS I saw 6 years ago. It's just cyclical fear mongering. I read many similar articles relating to how Bush had made this executive order or that signing statement and was just biding his time for a great crisis to be utilized to keep himself in power. It's good to be cautious but this article goes a step or two beyond caution and enters tin foil hat land at a rapid pace.

The difference between Bush and Obama (at least to me): Bush made me wake up. Obama made me pay attention.

That is a sentiment I echo loudly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join