It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash Hands After? How Backward is the World?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I don't like the thought of touching unknown others unknown body fluids in a potentially high microbe environment like public bathrooms.

And it makes for a much nicer life experience if one can pee in a non 'ew' environment.

Nice dinner, nice friends, nice meeting, nice shopping, one expects nice bathrooms, why not, it makes sense! We are in the 21st century, we don't expect to see pee on the floor of a shop so we shouldn't need to see it in properly maintained bathrooms.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

For the sake of public health, high microbe transfer areas, such as hospitals and public places should be kept hygienic. How many people each day get sick due to lack of hygiene, how many hospital beds does this use up, how much public funding and resources does this waste?

Prevention is better than cure.
edit on 4-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Washing your hands after you use the bathroom, is less about you being dirty and more about the environment we call a bathroom being dirty as hell.

Especially public bathrooms. So that would be why. Most people aren't actually dirty down there, other than your own body sweat and what not.

Hell I wash after I use the bathroom and use a paper towel to open the doors afterwards if I'm in public. Since the door handles are the most filthy.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm from the country cause you city folk sure do get worked up over a bunch of nothing. lol.

I just go to the bathroom outside, when I feel like it, when the mood hits. If I have a canteen I might take a drink of water after I pee but I'm not wasting it on washing my hands because I touched my own body.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm glad to see you all taking this so seriously. This is a very important issue to me, and I believe it has real impact on the world whether we wash before or after.

You guys are awesome. And gals.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Places where there are lots of people, shared facilities and potential high risk microbe transfer rates should be kept hygienic as it minimises public health risk and ultimately costs less to prevent than cure as well as for the sake of general health.

Individuals in the countryside isn't the same. So many flu and colds etc are spread from touching things like door handles that hand hygiene matters, generally, especially in populated areas. It really is best to prevent the spread of germs. The Dutch have good hygiene and cleanliness and it is a nicer environment.

Being able to walk on mess free pathways, using clean public facilities etc is a much more pleasurable experience and just makes sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
After a dump, we flush water down the drain. The force of that water hitting our latest deposit, will blow a lot of germs around the area, normally only found in our guts.

These are our biggest reason for washing our hands... Contamination with stuff you can get really sick of digesting them somehow...

Holding your equipment is different... It usually gets covered when the flush blowout occurs. I hope.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Guess that's why I'm Agoraphobic then. lol. I can't stand to be around a bunch of people. I enjoy the company of myself and occasionally my family.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

I feel more at home in the countryside myself but I live in a suburban area and have to work / travel / study / shop etc in town and city environments and I do think people generally could do so much better at preventing the spread of illnesses.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Now our junk has touched the world

Sounds more like a life goal than a bad thing. Wait? What...oh like hygiene huh? Got it.

Well, clean is good. Public restrooms are not clean. I would rather pee outside in the woods or fields or something. Way better. No mystery fluids on the floor and walls. No odors of the damned.

I feel much safer with natural stuff then man made stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Dentists recommend storing your toothbrush away from the toilet if at all in the open to avoid contamination caused by flushing-toilet-backsplash. Those micro poo particles can apparently travel quite well. I am assuming this is the case when I'm standing by the toilet as well. So, yeah...I'm washing my hands AFTER I use the toilet.

I really don't see the point in washing your hands BEFORE using the toilet as there is very little interaction and far less penetration going on....I assume. Unless you are planning on masterbating at the same time, I doubt it would be of any benefit to cleanse your hands prior to using the washroom.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Get a book on hygiene if you don't know.

If your not going to wash after touching all the contact surfaces in a public and private restroom...just don't touch any mucous membranes of yours (eyes, nose lips, mouth, private areas....or your face and hands...or anyone elses) with the millions of other germs and dirt and bacteria from others who were dirty when they used it before you did.

Remind me as well if we ever meet...not to shake your hand....

MS
EMT/ERT
Advanced Life Support

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think I would little more worried about this Chemical Widely Used In Antibacterial Hand Soap Damages Heart, Skeleton, Muscle Function than a few germs.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by txjab512

I use naturally antibacterial products containing tea tree and lavender oil.

Triclosan is in so many products, toothpaste, deodorant, bedding etc that people are exposed to it even in products that don't contain labels.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyMachiatto

To be honest poo spores are everywhere, you can not escape them, we have been breathing in poop since we were born.
Iam not fussed I used to eat worms and mud pies as a kid and it didn't do me much harm...honest

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
Agreed, BigFat. I have worked in many a kitchen, and there constant energy must be put into the system.

Well I should hope so.

Everyone has different standards of cleanliness, or laziness.

One thing that truly irks me and I swear I see everybody doing it. They bring in or bring out the garbage cans and never ever wash their hands. On their way out, get in the car touch the steering wheel, then later on will be eating in their cars, hands on the wheel, or go around infesting everything. The garbage cans are a breeding ground of germs, touched by the collectors who touched everyone else's and God only knows what's in them. Cat litter is in mine.
Oh and I'm sure they touch their junk to pee as well. It's super gross.

The other gross one is that community washcloth used in restaurants that they wash seats off where people had their asses, and then it wipes all the tables.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Your mid section area is full of bacteria. Your aren't washing the pee off, rather your own germs from touching yourself.

Here is a good explanation from The Straight Dope.
www.straightdope.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join