It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Worlds Exist And Will Soon Be Testable, Expert Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Awesome, Just in time to grab Professor Arturo and Slide the # out of here.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
How do you reckon scientists will test the parellel worlds? What will they test them with?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePro

A sliding machine bro

timstvshowcase.com...

They've got this don't worry.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

Our, so called, reality is just our perception of energy. Just the energy that is strictly related to us like what we see (light), feel (matter) or hear (sound) or other types of energy that alter it.

Bearing this in mind, we can picture our reality (our perception of it) as a little bubble in a big bath. And our bubble exist just because we the observers create it.

If we expand our knowledge and understanding of reality, we become a bigger bubble and might even collide and join with other bubbles (parallel worlds).

This is a very simplified answer to a very difficult and complex subject.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3asya5pi3

Yeah, 3asya5pi3, I hear ya on the “another me” thing. Personally, I’d try to avoid such an encounter. Seeing myself from another’s perspective might be kind of alarming in my case. Some things are just best left alone.

It just seems to me that the more we struggle to understand nature and our place in it, the stranger and stranger it gets. Our quest for knowledge and search for the truth is, IMO, one of the special, noble qualities of our species. However, I have a feeling that it’s a never-ending, winding road we’re on, and it’s a journey we’ve only begun and may never complete. That little jewel, the Truth, may always be just out of reach.

Gotta love it, though..

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

I don't like all this talk of parallel worlds; it's too populist and off the wall.

Brian Greene's written a book about parallel worlds, has he now?

Well, blow me down with a feather duster. Surprised...noooooot.

Him and Michio Kaku...and who's that other one, Max Tegmark?

No thanks, this isn't science. It's a little band of friends from the cosy world of theoretical physics trying to pursue a sideline on the periphery of celebrity.

But the reason so many people listen to their excitable ramblings is a very simple one.

No one really understands the true nature of gravity.

It's "leaking" into our universe from a parallel one?

Why? How does that work?

Why aren't the other three forces "leaking in"?

the Andromeda galaxy, 2.2 million light-years away speeding towards the Milky Way at 200,000 mph. This phenomenon makes sense logically if gravity leaking from an invisible universe were pulling the two galaxies together.

Doesn't make sense logically to me.

Why would it make two random galaxies millions of light years apart rush toward each other?

Why not toward the source of the leaking gravity, the supposed neighbouring parallel universe?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

It is in between our galaxy and Andromeda so it should be pulling us together I think is what the statements imply.
If true it must have some serious energy.

I heard a story recently were a guy saw a dark blob like creature shaped like a crawling animal, crawled up his wall and a small portal opened and this thing went through it with a flash of light.. If true it would seem to support the theory of parallel universes..

Wherever that thing went, I know with certainty that I don't want to ever go there.

If these scientists figure out how it works and try to open a doorway, they might find out they should not have, and maybe everyone else might also..

edit on 5-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Parallel Worlds Exist And Will Soon Be Testable, Expert Says

Well I guess FRINGE wasn't that Fringe

p.s. btw, I just love the series

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

The only freaks are what is going on in this man's head.

It is astonishing what passes for science these days.

Unbridled imagination without testable hypothesis are being propagated in the name of science.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have always felt like I am stuck between 2 dimensions that are running parallel to each other. I feel like a lot of the time people do not understand me. Or I see things very differently than most. Sometimes I talk very fragmented because I think the other person will already know the rest of the sentence, because I usually do when they talk. I cut people off (not meaning to) because once you start talking to me I already know what your going to say, I become very bored and jump ahead with my answer/reply. I always hear "yes, I was just about to say that". I then think to myself, I know...
It's almost as if we have had this conversation before type thing.

Sometimes I have these flashes of another life and it comforters me greatly. Example: When I see the sun cast on the ground or on a building around 6 pm in late summer it brings on these flashes or feelings of great comfort. For 1 to 3 secs (almost like a dream state while awake) I will see me: 1. sitting at a roof top pool at night in California and I am very happy and excited, music is playing. 2. Another one is me in a car, it's a cold night and snowing. I am very happy and all dressed up the car is a black Jaguar with a sunroof and I am looking up at the snow coming down and the driver is a male that I can not see I can only see he is wearing a tux. 3. Another seems to be the 1930's everyone is dressed in white and I am a little kid about 4 years old, it's someones birthday, the chairs are white metal. I remember how the sun cast through the trees and how warm and nice it is, everyone is smiling, talking and laughing just having a great time.

There are actually several of these flashes and each one is always the same I guess I cycle through them never sure which one it will be. After I have this thought/feeling I just feel so comfortable.

It's hard to explain,and it's actually a long story with more to it. Hard to type into words, sorry. Hopefully someone will get what I am trying to say.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

I wonder what they mean when they say it can be "testable".

It's hard to really know "what" a "parallel" universe could be. And whose to say it is an exact replica of this one? And if 95% of the known universe is unaccounted for by physical laws, how many parallel universes could there really be?

So many unknowns. I'm not a physicist, so naturally I - and every other non-physicist - will have difficulty understanding what it actually meant by this.

To add to the confusion, there is perhaps an equal amount of physicists who refute the multiverse theory, seeing it as a fanciful way to deal with the big bang.

So, whose right? Who knows. It doesn't matter anyways. We live in this universe, at this point in time. Actions still matter - because it is the you that exists which will suffer the consequences.

While I can understand why this would interest people, too many people will be dysregulated and desensitized to the realities of the world we actually live in by paying too much attention to this area of theoretical exploration.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Completely agree.

I'm bothered by the implications that this sort of promotion creates in the minds of everyday people.

Isn't that the ultimate way to create nihilism? Are people anywhere near mature enough to handle such a theoretical discussion without dissociating - literally - from the realities they actually deal with?

I'm not saying this shouldn't be talked about. But really, scientifically speaking, people with a dysregulated autonomic/limbic/cortical nervous system - and the corresponding emotional and cognitive disturbances it creates - will latch on to this idea, see in it a confirmation of their existing morbid/emotional biases, and who knows, hurt themselves? Hurt others? Lose respect for morality? Treat people worse?

Those are just some of the simple facts that capitalistic systems run up against. People who want to make money inject negative ideas into the system - society - regardless of the potential effects it'll likely induce.

So....How would I prefer they act? As you said, it's important not to exaggerate claims the way Greene and Machio Kaku regularly do. Additionally, I wonder whether being so involved in the incredibly abstract world of physics creates a strong disconnect between their own intellectual interests and the psychological impact their interests will have on the average laymen? It's as if it never occurs to them: perhaps they aren't prepared for this sort of idea? Perhaps they are biologically incapable - in that their nervous systems have them hardwired for certain ways of seeing things - to process an idea like "multiverses exist" - without taking from that speculation a feeling that nothing matters. If people who already feel this way hear such a claim - it amplifies the feeling. It creates a strong resonance effect.

If we want to fix our societies, we should perhaps be conscious of the effect such ideas will have on people. Of course, a more mindful populous could handle such a speculation: they wouldn't lose contextual awareness of the here and now. But our society is simply no where near mature to handle it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

While I do think that there may be parallel realities, nothing in the OP's post requires any such thing. Gravity is completely misunderstood, but I do think that issue must be resolved soon - and with that resolution we sweep away Relativity and the so called 'Field Equations'. Basically Einstein set physics back 100 years, and we need to get rid of current theory on Big Bangs, Relativity, Field Equations, Gravity, Dark energy/matter and most of modern cosmology - its all complete unsupported nonsense.

When we replace all these theoretical dreamers with actual experimental physicsists who are trained in plasma physics, and explore an electro-magnetic understanding of the universe, we might start making progress in physics again. We got to the beginning of the 20th century, and almost nothing worthwhile has happened since.

The breakthrough we need to make is by driving through quantum mechanics and deriving what is underneath it - Einstein at least got this much right when he said 'God does not play dice.'

That is not to say that I think that we live in an entirely deterministic universe, but rather that somewhere, somehow information is blending with energy and producing reality - if we can try and discover the rules that govern the information that will be the big breakthrough imo.
edit on 6-1-2014 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Perhaps my thoughts are related, perhaps not..

I have very very vivid dreams every night where I end up in an alternative version of my life, not I'm not a super hero or like that, I'm the same person but where I was a manager of the shop I'm now just a worker doing a different job and situations are different yet not extreme. I have streets and shops I recognise every night yet there's a barrier as to how far I can go in that 'place'.

There's a situation on trains where we start out at a well known station here in London but somehow the train ends up in a place I've never heard of yet I cannot leave the train. A similar thing happens when I go out for a run (something I can't do in this life because my knee's are blown), I recognise the path in the 'dream' every night, its not one I know in this life but in the dream its a regular place but again its got a barrier where suddenly I'm lost.

It is incredibly vivid and a 'constant', when I awake I soon forget about it and its not an issue for me in real life, its just a weird place I seem to visit at night if that makes any sort of sense.

Probably my pain killing meds but its recreated with dazzling exactness every night.

I'm not claiming I am dimension jumping, its for me just an affect caused in my life, perhaps a inset wish that it had been different in certain ways but I'm truly amazed by the detail I retain to recreate this time after time.

Maybe one day we will find out that when we dream we can shift or phase to other places and sort of view this alternate life?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If this is going to be fact than Déjà vu has been solved and could be one of the dimensions one of the other me has being gone before me but at some dimensional crossing point enters my mind and interpreted as "hey Ive seen or been here before?"

edit on 0b41America/ChicagoMon, 06 Jan 2014 07:02:41 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 06 Jan 2014 07:02:41 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think about parallel worlds, because my dreams are so different than my waking moments. I have had so much dejavu that I usually know when I wake up to look/wait for a certain event to happen. Recently I had a dream that a former school teacher died, I woke and told a few people about my dream DATE INCLUDED, and it came to pass. One of the people I told was the teacher's daughter, I felt VERY compelled to tell her outright "Your dad is going to die." but of course that's insensitive and not to mention a little creepy, so before leaving..and for some kind of peace of mind because I felt so very compelled, I told her plainly, "I had a dream that your dad died." And even told her the date January 1st. I would like to speak with her about it, but I'm wary that she might have repressed the memory. My dreams and their bizarreness along with other things speak plainly to me that there is more to life, the universe, and everything, than meets the understanding of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

sanitizedinfo

Im2keul

sanitizedinfo
Ive had exoerience with cahnging my perception in order to experience dimensional shifts, let me just say that it is possible to see these lower and higher dimensions and that if you dont experience the shifts visually, you will never know your even changing dimensions, as my friend told me, "each day is a new dimension."

How did you experience a dimensional shift? What did you experience that made you aware of this?
Is it just a happening or at will?

well I used my mind, and the number 8. If you affect your pineal gland 8 times by squezzing, or pumping your gland 8 times, you will perceptually travel. Which be warned may land in the psychiatric car esystem because you may attract unwanted attention. There are gatekeepers so to speak.

Um, utterly afraid to ask but must...how do you squeeze your pineal gland?!?!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

someoneinnyc

sanitizedinfo

Im2keul

sanitizedinfo
Ive had exoerience with cahnging my perception in order to experience dimensional shifts, let me just say that it is possible to see these lower and higher dimensions and that if you dont experience the shifts visually, you will never know your even changing dimensions, as my friend told me, "each day is a new dimension."

How did you experience a dimensional shift? What did you experience that made you aware of this?
Is it just a happening or at will?

well I used my mind, and the number 8. If you affect your pineal gland 8 times by squezzing, or pumping your gland 8 times, you will perceptually travel. Which be warned may land in the psychiatric car esystem because you may attract unwanted attention. There are gatekeepers so to speak.

Um, utterly afraid to ask but must...how do you squeeze your pineal gland?!?!

it may not have been my pineal gland, but the front of the brain after i did so caused either really coherant hallucinations or actually caused me to experience strange anomalies over the course of a couple years.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Bad idea. Wrong direction. Stop now, do not pass go, do not collect $200, then turn around before it's too late.

We as a species should be looking inward, not out. At this stage in our evolution we can't responsibly handle atomic power, let alone be trusted to mess around with other dimensions. We should be looking to evolve our own consciousnesses into more perfect states before tampering with other realms in the multiverse.

Else, we'll just be screwing up parallel universes are bad as we've messed up this one.
edit on 6-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"Scientists say that they have found evidence that our universe collided with other (parallel) universes in the distant past. This claim emerged after studying patterns in the cosmic microwave background radiation (CMB), the after-effects of the Big Bang, made by Planck space observatory operated by the European Space Agency (ESA), and designed to observe anisotropies of the cosmic microwave background (CMB) at microwave and infra-red frequencies, with high sensitivity and small angular resolution, in which they may have found evidence that four circular patterns recognized in the CMB are "cosmic bruises" where our universe has crashed into other universe(s) at least four times.[21][22][23][24]
A collision induces a temperature change in the CMB temperature map. The 'blob' associated with the collision is identified by a large needlet response, and the presence of an edge is determined by a large response from the edge detection algorithm. The findings are based on the complex theory of eternal inflation for our universe. This theory holds that our universe is only one bubble in a larger cosmos and that other universes, which will have different physics to our own, all exist at the same time.[21][25]"

Wikipedia - Multiverse

There's something bigger here... universally

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join