It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn and Teller: Near death experiences: B.S. and can be debunked by science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Good stuff. Seems the brain takes the horrible act of dying and replaces it with a wonderful theater show, as a last present for experiencing life.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

Vid isn't working.
edit on 4-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: link vid? pfft Iam drunk

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm an agnostic gnostic. I certainly don't follow a mainstream religion. I do however take to heart a fantastic Robert Anton Wilson quote from cosmic trigger... "Belief is the death of intelligence"

Though Crowley is hard for some to understand (the profane
his idea (like many other gurus before him) that spirituality is personal and experiential when combined with the RAW quote put you in a safe place to enjoy an open mind. Penn and Teller are cool people it would seem, but experience denotes that we know little.

Perspective is everything, you have yours, I mine, Penn n teller theirs. All positions however are clouded by perspective... science (or agreed perception as I like to think of it) is a way of cataloguing agree upon positions of ever changing perspectives.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's (most probably
one reality or one truth if you prefer, but that's not yours or mine or tellers, so listen to what we have to say, but don't forget not to murder your intelligence
Rice and Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some things simply can't be debunked by science. NDEs might be able to be explained at a physiological level, but if there is some spiritual afterlife unless someone kills themselves and is brought back to live a few days later, and they have a memory of all the time in between (which science tells us they won't), it's simply not up for "debunking".

This coming from myself, someone who enjoys debunking. To say we know everything there is to know about our existence, during and after, is a very arrogant notion.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Is this the video? (NDE subject starts at 15:00)

I don't know how else to say it, but this is crap. The logic they use is almost infantile. The only thing they prove is that you can experience a dream state when the brain is lacking blood. This says absolutely nothing about the nature of consciousness, which is what we are dealing with here. This show is just dumb entertainment for sheep.

edit on 4-1-2014 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

soulwaxer
The logic they use is almost infantile.

Not surprising. They are debunkers after all.

new topics

top topics

join