It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saudi and nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
what would bush do then?

since they are the USA allies in someways

Until now, the assumption in Washington was that Saudi Arabia was content to remain under the US nuclear umbrella. But the relationship between Saudi Arabia and the US has steadily worsened since the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington: 15 of the 19 attackers were Saudi.

It is not known whether Saudi Arabia has taken a decision on any of the three options. But the fact that it is prepared to contemplate the nuclear option is a worrying development.

United Nations officials and nuclear arms analysts said the Saudi review reflected profound insecurities generated by the volatility in the Middle East, Riyadh's estrangement with Washington and the weakening of its reliance on the US nuclear umbrella.

They pointed to the Saudi worries about an Iranian prog-ramme and to the absence of any international pressure on Israel, which has an estimated 200 nuclear devices.

read more

edit: change of title

[edit on 20-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
do the Saudis have the bomb?

the Saudis have so much money they have already bought most of Washington havent they? Next to the Zionists they are the biggest foreign political spending power in washington. I originally thought the Zionists had lobbying power but the Saudis more than likely have more..seeing as all it takes is money and a whore always goes for the highest bidder...its easy to buy off a prostitue.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Funny that in a sense, the Saoudis and Tel Aviv are allies because they both in bed with America, yet officially they are like water and fire, I guess greed for money can overcome all differences in faith...

No wonder many saoudi civilians think the ueberrich princes are selling out the muslim identity

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have to disagree with the article author when he says our relationship has soured since 9-11.

Unless it's an older article...the administration couldn't be more happy with the Sauds. Or so they say.

One thing you have to remember about the Sauds is, given the nature of their population, it could definitely be worse.

Much, much worse.

Not saying it's OK, but when the alternative is considered, you see the dilemna we face with them.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
Funny that in a sense, the Saoudis and Tel Aviv are allies because they both in bed with America, yet officially they are like water and fire, I guess greed for money can overcome all differences in faith...

Are you kidding me?

Are you talking about the same Saudis that held telethons for Palestinian suicide bombers and their families?

The same Saudis that blamed the Jews for 9-11?

Comon...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I was making a sarcastic point, The saoudi princes are AFRAID of their own people, so they pretend to be more pure muslim than the prophet himself, use the israeli-palestini obsession to divert attention from the man in the street from internal affairs and maintain a large "Religious police" apparatus to surpress the people, But behind the golden gates of their palaces its 100% decadence.

It's a most unhealthy situation and frankly the kingdom deserves to be overrun by its own people...

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That would be a complete and utter catastrophe.

Believe me, I doubt you despise the royal family more than me, cuz I f'ing hate em, but their people are stone cold crazy. The only thing that would change would be from a government that at least makes an effort to pretend to be our ally, and that means occasionally cracking down on terror groups and finally arresting/killing suspects, to an openly hostile, fundamentalist jihadist government in control of the world's largest oil reserve and a buttload of cash.

Neither alternative is very rosy, but in geopolitics you're almost always faced with the lesser of two evils.

Witness Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam, for example.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
well my eyes were opening when watching the documentary "the world according to Bush." an ex CIA agent said that Washington is basically a whore and that money will get anyone anywhere in that town ...sure no big surprise, but when he went on to say that the Saudis spend more money in Washington then any other group on earth its pretty shocking. Traditionally the moslims will have us believe that Washington is a Zionist headquarter and the Jews pull the strings etc, but the Saudi roylaity seem to pull alot more than the Zionists. Basically because of what the previous poster said, they arent muslim and live like kings in a country were most people are treated like sub humans, they rely on America to buy thier oil keep them rich and protect them. That said how many of those 911 hijackers were Saudis anyway?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Alot of people throw their money around in Washington. It's one of the drawbacks of living in an open, free-market society.

Believe me, the Sauds are doing alot more than buying our politicians off.

Read this if you get a moment.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The Saudis already have in place a foundation for building a nuclear weapons deterrent. In the mid-1980s, they clandestinely negotiated the purchase of about 50 to 60 Chinese CSS-2 missiles. The Chinese and Saudis were able to complete the deal before American intelligence was wise to the relationship. The Saudis paid handsomely, with about $3 billion to $3.5 billion dollars for the Chinese missiles capable of reaching up to about 4,000 kilometers (2,500 miles). The CSS-2s had been armed with nuclear warheads when they were operational in the Chinese force structure, but Riyadh and Beijing claim that the missiles delivered to Saudi Arabia were armed with conventional warheads and rebuffed U.S. requests to inspect the missiles.

www.washingtontimes.com...

they have a base for nuclear weapons ( missiles to launch them with )

top topics

join