It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Barbie Wants To Be Your Spiritual Guru

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Anyone else here study microexpressions?

This woman is very scared, and very, very sad. No joke.

I actually feel really bad for her.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

She can keep her barbie looks, I think I'd rather have something like this roaming around in my house:

Now that's approaching perfection.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

At least its original lol.
Guess I could do some alien sexy RP with her lol. (btw thats a joke)
edit on 4-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I know a few women and girls so obsessed about their looks, all botoxed and lip enhanced, constantly posting pictures of themselves on facebook making silly faces and gestures, ugh, it makes me even more cynical about humanity.

I think they looked better before, who wants a puffin face like so many high profile celebs have so aptly provided a deterrent for, I know I would rather look natural.

I have been accused of looking like Barbie before but my hair isn't THAT blonde, and how I look is real and I guess genetic, I have oliveish skin and look like wearing eye make up when not etc. I do buy decent skincare but because I have sensitive skin and I wear natural make up, partly because it keeps my skin moisturised but I wouldn't want a load of surgery and fat cheeks just for covering a few wrinkles.

It is refreshing to hear the perspective of men that aren't into crazy levels of fakeness.

There are so many famous women that looked beautiful even as they were ageing that ruined their looks from surgery, surely that should be a lesson to others.

edit on 4-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Some people really are beyond attention seeking. Grotesque. Like that cat tattooed person or something.

I study art and the sublime is a research area of mine, people are naturally inclined to want to look at beautiful things, people making themselves like monsters really goes against human psychology. Disturbing.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'll never understand why people do that to their ears! My ears are pierced, with 2 holes in each lobe. I sometimes regret having had it done, even though I like wearing earrings. Sometimes those piercings get knotty and fibrous and need to be massaged out. It an holistic thing, just like hands and feet, meridians and acupuncture points, I guess. I just think that people who mutilate their ears are missing out on some some good massage/acupressure points, that are important to me anyway.

edit on 4-1-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitationalethics

The things about certain surgical and botox etc procedures is that expressions are made impossible so even if she was deliriously happy you might never know.

Interestingly, research suggests that not being able to frown has psychological implications that might cure depression but botox is one thing, doll surgery another.

psychcentral.com...

Washington-based dermatologist Dr. Eric Finzi has released what The New York Times has praised as “the first authorized biography” of Botox, a book investigating how a traditionally cosmetic treatment could be actually be a depression cure.

In The Face of Emotion, Finzi suggests that up to half of all wrinkle-busting procedures can dramatically improve moods, as well as our relationships with others.

And I absolutely agree with his theory — I’ve been researching this link myself since 2008.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I see a very eccentric girl who proposes the same beliefs that many on this board have proposed. Certainly some "out there" stuff though. She doesnt seem to say anything other than where she is "from" and "who" she perceives she is. Not much in way of actual substance, but its not like I have looked into it more than this thread so I may be mistaken.

She claims to use the looks to get publicity for the message, and judging by the fact this got posted.. it looks like its working.

Most will never get past appearances though, most will either be reject or accept based on that before anything else. Regardless, I dont see any actual teachings anywhere.

All that said, I have no doubt she would fit in perfectly on ATS!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I agree, I have my ears pierced since a child though I think the whole ear lobe tube thing is very odd, it doesn't look nice, can't be comfortable to sleep in those things and when they aren't there having weird dangly ear lobe loops is a bit yuk in my opinion.

I had my lip pierced in my 20's for literally a few hours, they used a ring far too small, it was tight, hurt like crazy, was so uncomfortable and I felt silly so took it out within 12 hours and it healed. Lesson learned!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
People wanting to look like literally like dolls is a bit odd, those fake eyes are creepy. There is some documentary advertised here in the UK about men literally wearing doll faces this Monday 6th an odd phenomena but perhaps due to society and media.

Perhaps they are suffering some sort of mental health issues.

Afterwards there's a live stream of them robbing a bank.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

My god, some women who have had surgery look like hell!!

Not many men share my views though unfortunately. I try to explain to them you need someone nice on the outside and the inside, although they are rare these days! It's nice to know women don't all fantasise about being the kind of person where their brains have sunk to chest level haha I consider myself blessed to have the girl I'm with, shes a musician and very pretty (without too much fake stuff!), this is her website if you want to hear some of her stuff Sian Magill. Not that I'm advertising, I just get the feeling you'd like her lol

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Pretty girl and an amazing voice there

Listening to her cover of hit the road jack
she is a keeper

She got an older sister or is her Mum single ?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I think governments of the world need to be proactive on these things, vanity has gotten out of control. The more women aspire to fake breasts and doll faced homogeny and this being advertised as the 'desirable standard' to impressionable young men the worse it would be for future generations. We only have to look at old photos of 'beauties' of their era to see that they aren't too similar to todays supposed idealism and that is obviously affecting how people feel about themselves, especially as it is ramped up by social media and advertising.

Women aren't long out of corsets and the whole barrage of near naked women in advertising is yet another form of female bondage, like some sort of psychological torture constantly on the minds of women to conform to some sort of physical idealism, even at the expense of personality and intelligence. Some examples

Luckily for you that you have found a woman you find naturally pleasing, some nice music there. More men should be appreciative of natural women.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

yes yes governments dont control enough, lets give more powers to them

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Pretty girl and an amazing voice there

Listening to her cover of hit the road jack
she is a keeper

She got an older sister or is her Mum single ?

Her brothers a genuine viking?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If he wears a horned helmet I will have a go
always up for something new

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I still don't understand this size 0 bull! Ask any man and i bet at least 80% will choose curves over ribs.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I have been out with many ladies who are thin and curvy, I don't go for a type but I fall for redheads quick (note to self never again bm never again remember the last three ex wives ).
In the 1700's/1800's the fashion was for plump women, they were the super models of their day..fashions change I suppose.
But I agree that the pressure on young girls to be thin is unhealthy and what we need is more positive role models who are just normal folk and not starved coc aine addicted whores.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Well, they could choose responsible ethical control instead of self serving egotism, perhaps, I know, wishful thinking perhaps but still, it should be something to strive for.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes, probably.

The thing is, the size 0, or even the average female model shape is not a feminine shape, it is a boy shape so goodness knows the effect that is having on both male and female psychologies. For all we know it could be having an impact on sexual confusion of sorts on the impressionable.

Imagine if men were portrayed as ideally curvy with feminine traits, how scary would that be, it totally goes against the grain of that which is attractive in men.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join