It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable Care Act Monopolized Fiasco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have been trying to get insurance and boy what a joke that is.

I wanted just to buy from an insurance company. So I called a couple and in one case they are not in the pool of insurers that ACA allows. In the other case I am told I have to go through the Healthcare.com to get insurance but I wont be allowed to pick the company I want. You get who the Government says you can have depending on your income.

Talk about a Nanny State system. I cannot get my own insurance and I cant pick what and who I want to cover me and my family, that is CONTROLLED and DETERMINED by big brother and how big my income is.

This whole AFA controlled system has turned into a nightmare for many of us and from what I can see it is nothing more that the AFA having the monopoly on which insurer gets whom, what and when.

This makes me so angry I could ..... I better not say it maybe Big Brother is watching.

edit on 4-1-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes, the system in place seems a lot like a gift to the insurance industry rather than the single payer system voters thought they would get.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

There are no policies like ones you may have had that were good last year. If you want the same plan it has higher premiums and higher co-payments and deductibles.

But what gets me most we have no freedom to go where we want and get the plan we want we are limited to a certain insurance pool if your income is at a certain level.

it needs to be repealed and lets us go back to the system we had just require that everyone has insurance like they did car insurance.

new topics

join