It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT an Antarctic or global warming conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Whilst many people are engrossed with conspiracy theories related to alleged media non-coverage or even active omission, of already reported facts, be they to do with what was a Chinese Icebreaker doing in the Antarctic* or why were all those left wing globalist scientists trapped on a Soviet vessel**
an ex. Newport Dragons rugby player has just made history as the fastest unsupported and unassisted journey to the South Pole by a Brit.

Yes, without the likes of an icebreaker this guy completed his massive solo effort this morning at 05:24, which is the 2nd fastest time in history by anyone.

See richardparks.co.uk

* that was my original post and strangely, if you are seeking a conspiracy! the Chinese icebreaker was actually there....to break ice.....albeit she is there as part of a scientific research programme.

** the Soviet vessel, normally used for tourist voyages in the area, was actually part of the Australasian Antarctic Mawson Expedition as previously reported on ATS

So, no conspiracies here, sorry, and congratulations to a brave ex. rugby player, Wales and Newport plus Pontypridd....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They have the right to be there,and be rescued right ?

What does this have to do with climate change ? Or any change whatsoever ?

Please enlighten me/us ?

edit to say:

It's funny that they got their ship stuck in ice, in summer !
You would assume that it wouldn't be possible for them to get stuck in ice in summer ?

It's funny...
edit on 1/4/2014 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

The media or at least what I've seen around here especially has been really hammering the point that the science people onboard the vessel stuck in the ice were down there on a global warming related research project. I've not really paid close enough attention for all the details, since even climate change science tends to study ice ...but the idea of being trapped in the Antarctic Ice during Antarctic Summer, while researching climate change ..did seem to tickle the irony meter for some.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yup...

It's funny

edit to say :

They counted seals and birds instead.
edit on 1/4/2014 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Shuftystick
Yes, without the likes of an icebreaker this guy completed his massive solo effort this morning at 05:24, which is the 2nd fastest time in history by anyone.

It would bigger news if it had been done with an icebreaker, as the south pole is some 1300 km away from the nearest coast.

Congratulations to Richard Parks.

top topics

join