It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else put out streetlights?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Negative, no wrist watches for me. Batteries just freaking die out. I tend to like "nice" watches, and my last one was pressurized, so after having to replace that darn battery three times in as many months... I finally gave up on watches altogether.

I have been thinking about trying some of the newer tech they have though.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
all the time,still happens. As a teenager certain emotions caused in house lights to blow out and televisions to turn off

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is an old snopes.com topic. Streetlights periodically go out in order to keep from overheating. And once in a while you'll pass or approach one as it does that, and it will catch your eye. The next time you're running around, try paying attention to the number of streetlights that DON'T go out when you're around them.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Talk about uneducated or just unaware...your name looks like it says DUMMY, just saying so maybe you can make it where it's better to read...if you'd like...hope this helps ya.

But, as far as people or what I better know us to be, as in A Spirit Being and as A Spirit Force of Energy, as to all of Nature in and of which we as Spirit Beings are all Spiritually connected, as we are also with all of Energy and or Electrical Energy such as street lights where it is very possible for us as A Spirit Force of Energy to make a difference, as when it comes to other sources of Energy in the form of Electrical Energy and combine forces to make for a greater force of Energy and thus and maybe therefore why some do knockout street lights when passing by.

Now, it is a known fact...There is nothing here, but US and as A Spirit Being and as A Spirit Force of Energy because of the mere fact, as well, you can combine Spirit Forces of Energy and create a greater Spirit Force of Energy or you can combine, as one of the only things you can do with Energy, as to transform, manipulate, measure and or combine, as to change the form of Energy...yes, or you can combine, as well and make even a lesser form of Energy, but we know there is nothing here, but US/ENERGY and we too are no more than Energy, as A Spirit Force of Energy, that can be combined and measured, as to how much, as to create a greater or even lesser form, as I've mentioned, but we are talking about proving something that can't be explained, as in the paranormal, as such would be the case of the street lights going out or on because of the mere fact we all are a Spirit Force of Energy, as when going by them and we combine our Energy Forces with the Energy force that's in a street light, as to the electrical system therein...they come on or go out.

But, as I said we are talking about the paranormal here of which means you can't explain how it works, as in one of the only things Energy can be done to, as in the combination of such by the mere fact one is in close proximity where they are putting out their own Energy in combination to make a difference, as to creating a greater force of Energy, thus maybe the lights go out, as to what's called an overload or creating a Energy Force where the lights come on, as a form of Energy in combination, as to boast the power.

But anyway again...I can be all proven, as to who we all really are and the only things even here, as A Spirit Being, as A Spirit Force of Energy because, as I said, you can combine other Spirit Forces of Energy, as to create a greater Spirit Force of Energy, thus & therefore is and would be proof positive of who not only YOU are, but who everyone is and as the only thing even here, as all of matter is void of anything and this is a well known thing by now I am sure, but also this all is just inside your head, as everything you see, hear, touch, taste and smell are no more than vibrations of Energy that you take in and is turned into electrical signals going to God only knows where, as inside your brain of which is an illusion, as well, as all of matter is void of anything, as we are playing in this The Game of Life whereas you will be a winner or a loser if you can't get it right, as you are only here in the blink of an eye to get it right, as in comparison to our earth's life span of some 4.5 Billion years old now. Believe...get it right, be a winner...not a loser, as to who you listen to is who you are and or will become, as both God and evil/Satan/Lucifer speak to us all, as inside your head and you know it or you can know it if you will but just listen.

Qumulys
reply to post by andboycott

I'm certainly not trying to be elitists at all.
There is no more simple answer than if you buy 100 sodium vapor or MH lights, turn them all on, you will see this happen in a few of them at least over the course of a night as temps and vapour states vary. It was explained perfectly well on page three. PAGE THREE, which personally I do find disturbing that ATS with the motto of "Deny Ignorance", now takes three pages until a thoughtful, researched, scientific answer appears, it never used to take so many pages... This is such a common occurance that our eyes pick out a change in light very easily, but to think it is some unknown 'power' is absurb.
While you may find it an elitist attitude, I don't say that at all. I do infact agree with DaasKapital. The answer was given out to help you guys, bish bash bosh, done.

What is a worry, is that many mental assesment test questions often will include questions along the lines of "Do you sometimes think you have powers, such as predicting the future, turning of street lights etc.". Yes, there are still many things unexplained, but for this there is a perfectly logical answer. Not saying anyone here is loopy, just perhaps uneducated in this subject.

ATS is suppose to aim to be able to discuss and understand this world. Most of this thread contained whimsical conjecture, those opposing that view of the world is not trying to belittle in anyway, we seek merely to help educate. I hope you understand.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Searching around, I cannot find any video proof of this.

Wiki mentions this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Street light interference phenomenon has never been demonstrated to occur in a scientific experiment, and those who claim to cause it have been found to be unable to reproduce the effect on demand; they give the explanation that the effect is not within their mental and physical control.

Does any one have video footage of this phenomenon?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Happens to me and a couple of other people I know.

There is one particular light that will generally go off when I am in a bad mood and at a particular distance. Ironically I usually notice that and am not so angry any more.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
just wondering if any of you that have street light go out, can you wear wrist watches that are battery powered.
if you do do the batteries die quickly. i can't the batteries die pretty quick, with a couple of weeks sometimes days.

Street lights are not so common with me, but I definitely can't wear a modern battery-powered quartz watch. The battery in my expensive Citizen watch just wouldn't last for more than a couple of months, sometimes it died in weeks. That's why I now wear a fairly decent Seiko 5 watch with fully mechanical automatic movement. No batteries to take care of, and the watch itself should survive at least eight to ten years of daily use without oiling or other servicing. Pretty good for a $80 watch which can also tolerate a nuclear EMP pulse -- should there ever be need!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think there are two lines if thought here on this thread. Random street lights going out might not be paranormal but just the way certain lights are made. I have noticed certain lights turning off and on. It is only these same lights.

Some on this thread claim all lights go off in their presence or maybe that they can make them turn off. I believe this might be paranormal. However when a number of the other lights keep turning off in your presence, it does make you wonder what's going on if there might be something to it because it seems a lot less random. It might be a lucky coincidence.

I have wondered if it's possible to charge small batteries with your natural electric energy. For a few months, I didn't seem to have much electric charge. My car remote battery died on me one night. It was only 12 years old. I waited a little bit and fortunately it regained enough charge to unlock my car. The remote seemed to work every time I tested it afterwards but since it almost left me locked out of my car 50 miles from home, I decided to replace the battery. I wish they would make car remote batteries better than that. I used it multiple times a day every day and it only lasted 12 years.
edit on 15/2/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

How long has that watch lasted for you?

I have been wanting to try some of the new movements that have come out in the past decade, but dont really want to get burned again. Love watches, just cant wear one thats powered by batteries..

FWIW, I think that when people are noticing one specific light, or a specific group of lights, that it is likely to be some physical malfunction with the light itself. However, this type of phenomena is much more encompassing than just street lights.
edit on 15-2-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Some claim they drain batteries. I often seem to generate an electric shock. I was wondering if the shocks I feel a lot could charge up batteries. What I really do not understand is how I can touch other objects and then come in contact with something such as water and feel an electric shock. I have noticed electric shocks from almost all metal objects when a thunderstorm is overhead but I did not think that was paranormal. Sometimes I wonder if things happen just because I think about it. That might be like a malfunction in the matrix.

3 days of snow, an earthquake, then almost 80 degrees next week. I suspect the dry air inside my house in spite of all the snow and rain outside has contributed to electric issues. I'm hoping I get to shock some girls in a club tonight. That can be fun. I'm not always charged up though. I'm not even sure how I get charged up. I feel like a capacitor in one club though.

I've never gotten as charged up as one day in winter many years ago when there was so much electricity in my dorm room, I could sit on my bed and zap the cinder block wall with each finger and repeat it. That was fun. I did not think that was paranormal though.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join