It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else put out streetlights?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

I asked pretty much the same thing back in May 2011. Some of the members didn't ridicule and pointed me at some serious studies in this phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: No...I don't think I have any special powers either, I just found it happened enough to notice it. It was a oddity that I wanted to se if others had as well.

It does happen to a lot of people.
edit on 4-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

MadHatter364
Yes, happened to me aswell.

But here's a question for ya: Why only street lights and never the lights in our house?

Happens to me all the time. As far as the reason why street lights and not house lights... Street lights are generally high pressure sodium aren't they? Sodium -> Salt... Does your body have a lot of Salt/Sodium that might be able to create an entangled or macro pair to produce action-at-a-distance under subconscious control, maybe, who knows? All I know is I hate it when street lights go out ahead of me when I am driving at night, walking and it happening doesn't bother me that much.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Yes, and that's a safe assumption.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

MadHatter364
Yes, happened to me aswell.

But here's a question for ya: Why only street lights and never the lights in our house?

Streetlights commonly use light bulbs that are either of the metal halide (MH) (whistish light) variety, or the high pressure sodium (HPS) (orangish light) one.

From what I understand (and Im not an expert), both of these bulbs due to the nature of their functioning as gas discharge lamps, once they reach a certain age in hours and the materials of the bulb have worn down, they begin having episodes of "rapid cycling", where the internal electric arch that is causing the gas to become luminous, cuts out and is re-established shortly there after.

House lights such as Incandescent, fluorescent, CFL, and LED work on different principles than gas discharge lamps like MH and HPS, used in street lights, and to my knowledge never undergo anything similar to rapid cycling at the end of life for the bulb.

All that being said, I think thats what people are observing. Everyone has seen an individual streetlight go out from time to time, only to come back on again. IMO, its just that the MH or HPS bulb has reached the end of its life and needs to be replaced.

Typically those same lights that cut out are also duller than the others, as both MH and HPS lose luminescence as time goes on.

ETA:

Wiki excerpt on MH end of life:

End of life behaviour

At the end of life, metal-halide lamps exhibit a phenomenon known as cycling. These lamps can be started at a relatively low voltage but as they heat up during operation, the internal gas pressure within the arc tube rises and more and more voltage is required to maintain the arc discharge. As a lamp gets older, the maintaining voltage for the arc eventually rises to exceed the voltage provided by the electrical ballast. As the lamp heats to this point, the arc fails and the lamp goes out. Eventually, with the arc extinguished, the lamp cools down again, the gas pressure in the arc tube is reduced, and the ballast once again causes the arc to strike. This causes the lamp to glow for a while and then goes out, repeatedly. In rare occurrences the lamp explodes at the end of its useful life.[8]

edit on 1/4/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am so glad more cities are replacing halogen and xenon streetlamps with LED's. This nonsense will finally go away.
Yes, you are special and magnetic.. and halogen lamps never overheat and have to cool down in a cycle.. /sarcasm

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No you are not crazy OP. It happens to every body. Street lights have sensors and when there's light on them, the lamp shuts off. The angle of your approach or the light source may cause the lamp to shut off depending on how the light bounces. Even as a pedestrian you will notice this happening. It could be either other cars head lamps, lighted signs being bounced, or other sources of light pollution causing it. Possibly even damaged photocells. Who knows but there are many reasonable explanations why it happens to almost everyone, and I am almost certain that this occurrence is not caused because of some sort of psychic or crazy energy field interference.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Many Street lights in the UK, including side roads and main roads are switched off by local councils in order to save money - local councils are centrally funded to a great degree by central government.
The lights are not controlled by a sensor they are controlled by a timer.
I am neither an electrician nor a frequency worker, but I can read labels and all these lights have a label stating the times they are not illuminated. No conspiracy theory, just conspiracy fact.
With regard to those that maintain that just by passing or by willing or whatever they can cause lights to switch, prove it and sceptics with regard to this topic may change their mind, me included.
Seemple

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirvana999

Let's try it on its own line complete this way:

www.inter-intelligence-communications.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

SLI ders ..

en.wikipedia.org...

I use to cause them to go off and on as I drove or walked under them ...

The thing that brought my attention to it was my friends observing it happen from a distance ..

Then it really freaked me out as I was aware when it happened .

Then it stopped happening fluke or freaky science ..who knows .. ?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
11:11

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

A proper answer. Took until page three, but a proper answer! Thankyou! I thought it was fairly common knowledge! Street lights are not the same as regular house lights (well generally speaking, but my fish tanks do use MH lights) so perhaps thats why this effect is not so commonly known? But sadly, no, none of us has any special 'power' to be causing these effects. The only 'power' we have to control a similar effect is failing to pay your electricity bills.

edit on 4-1-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

majestic3
11:11

It's time.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
At work so I don't know if this was posted already, don't have time to check. But! This is a good read.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Well put and yes, thanks CaticusMaximus!

Still happens to me all the time, but in reality it happens to anyone who pays attention to those kinds of things. If you're out walking under streetlights, you're bound to see it happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

yogurt

I've experienced this since I was a kid too. I always imagined that it's due to a "guardian" following me around.

I think you are right...to an extent. But I don't think it is a guardian.

A lot of abductees have the issue with street lights going out on occasion. The theory is that something is above and monitoring your movements. Street lights are often activated by light sensors instead of timers.
The big light arrays on the highway never seem to go out on these occasions maybe because they are on a timer system or a remote sensor system that is on the grid they run off of. The individual older type streetlights are on individual sensors. They are the ones I've seen go off many times since I have been driving. Sometimes they will go out 4 or 5 in sequence.

I used to have them go out a lot at a time in my life when I owned a particularly beat up car. I took my car to get the headlights checked out. Older vehicles used to have to get the headlights aligned occasionally. The headlights were fine according to the mechanic.

Never figured it out but I think the monitoring from above theory is a possibility. A lot of repeat abductees see spheres and lights follow them as they drive. I think these street lights may be responding to something in the IR or even UV spectrum that isn't seen by the naked eye.

Just an idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I asked pretty much the same thing back in May 2011. Some of the members didn't ridicule and pointed me at some serious studies in this phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: No...I don't think I have any special powers either, I just found it happened enough to notice it. It was a oddity that I wanted to se if others had as well.

It does happen to a lot of people.
edit on 4-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

It happens to everyone its quite common. Though being humans we make correlations which arent there. Even movies wouldtalk about people going down an alley and the lights going out. The thing is street lights do something called cycling people think they stay on all the time they dont. So when you walk by one and it turns out you think you were the cause. What you didnt realize is it does the same thing 15 min after you left when no one is around. The light doesnt care if someones there or not it will keep cycling until eventual failure. Now the older the light the more frequently this happens this can lead people to think there causing it when walking down a street because the bulbs are all the same age and will fail around the same time. This means they cycle much more often say every 5 min or so which can really make you think your the cause because you dont look at the other lights that went out only the one you're under.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

If you look at my original post, it was about the weird behaviour of birds...and it sort of morphed off into the streetlight thing.

It was odd to say the least. But I haven't had any other occurences recently, so I chalk it up to being in the right/wrong place at the time.

Even if there is a explanation for it. I still think it's kinda cool, on a base level anyways.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sometimes they turn on, sometimes they turn off. I also shut off watches and ice seams to spike in my ice trays.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by dragonridr

If you look at my original post, it was about the weird behaviour of birds...and it sort of morphed off into the streetlight thing.

It was odd to say the least. But I haven't had any other occurences recently, so I chalk it up to being in the right/wrong place at the time.

Even if there is a explanation for it. I still think it's kinda cool, on a base level anyways.

I had the opisit happen onne time well walking down the street the lights were off and id walk up to them it would turn on happened for almost two blocks. But this was in a downtown area so im sure others walking behind me thought they were turning them off. Its very busy downtown on a friday so its perspective lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Great to see your post..... I used to take a lot of late night walks with my dogs and street lights would go out in a very freakishly frequent manner. I mentioned it to a number of friends and eventually was able to show a few friends that it was true. I of course looked far ahead and behind to see if it was me or just coincidence and it was definitely me. Same thing with watching other walkers ahead or behind and noting if it happened to them as well, but no, it was me. There was even one that would go out when I drove past it and again, I was so baffled by it I stopped a few times not far off to see it if happened to others as well. I even told some friends with me one night on a trip to a restaurant past that light to expect it to go out as we drove past it, and it did, and they were amazed. Very Weird Stuff!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join