It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else put out streetlights?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's good to know I'm not alone on this.

I'm going to start writing down when it happens.

And since I'm a major hoonigan I do have a roll bar camera mount in my daily driver, so I think I'll start running it during normal driving instead of just for rallies and runs.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

Good idea! Why not. And being that frequencies are my department, I will put it on my to do list to look into why some people turn street lights off and on and why some people lack the vibrations required to do so, therefore can't fathom that it's real. Too much TV and video games? Too much sugar in their diet? Not enough sex? Whatever it is, I'll find it. Though it's not going very high up on my to do list lol, I'll let the skeptics know when accomplished.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

KAOStheory
And being that frequencies are my department

Which frequencies?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

All of them, I study and work with frequencies. Vibro-acoustic therapies, brainwave entrainment, Reiki/Schumann/Vril resonance(s), Color/Light, the Cosmic Keyboard, etc.

I was only 1/2 kidding, I'm sure I could find what it is with the streetlights, especially since it happens to me. (? happens? or we do it? we probably do it.)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Do you realize most of the streetlights were programmed to switch on and off, and had their own light timer?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Do you realize the switch is a light sensor, not a timer, so they come on when it gets dark, and go off when it's light? So if they go off, that means either they burned out, or they think it's light? And if they come back on, they're not burned out, they just think it's dark again?

edit to add: i don't think they burn out either, just fade away? j/k. really tho, never seen anyone changing the bulbs. don't really have time to research streetlamp tech today.
edit on 4-1-2014 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I noticed it much more when I was younger and always thought there were sensors that turned them off. But then I thought, why would they be on when nobody is near them and go out when they're needed to light someone's path?

Solid post

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

You don't need light when it's daylight

It's timer. They also switch on and off when it's dark. Check for yourself. It's just the timing when you're passing by.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I have noticed something similar to what you have in the OP.
usually when I am walking at night every 3rd to 5th Light will shut off while I walk into the light that is projected on the ground. That is something I have noticed a lot in the past 10 or so years.
Its really interesting to know that I am not the only one who experiences something like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I used to put out streetlights myself!
I would use a Streamlight SL-20 flashlight, works every time when you hit the sensor.
But I grew out of that phase decades ago.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

No its not, I have done this for years, witnessed by many friends, they have photo cell triggers not timers (here in the uk) it is a real phenomenon that has had a lot of research, I have met three others who can do the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

KAOStheory
reply to post by Serdgiam

All of them, I study and work with frequencies. Vibro-acoustic therapies, brainwave entrainment, Reiki/Schumann/Vril resonance(s), Color/Light, the Cosmic Keyboard, etc.

I was only 1/2 kidding, I'm sure I could find what it is with the streetlights, especially since it happens to me. (? happens? or we do it? we probably do it.)

"Frequency" is an extremely vague term that is only part of a wave. Do you study other parts of the waves as well? Amplitude, vectors, interference patterns, reflection, refraction, etc?

If something is happening, then there is an interaction between the person and the light. This would be done through specific and repeatable patterns. Those behaviors might have the scalar property of frequency, but it would be a small piece of a much larger picture.

There are also plenty of cases where the root cause is readily explained. That isnt true for every situation though.

My guess is that there is more to our physical body than what is generally assumed.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by biggm

I didn't know you're a Jedi!
Sorry mate, I stand corrected

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is not any kind of paranormal anything. The streetlight bulbs do this naturally on their own. Seriously, how fantasy prone do you have to be to think you have some special power or a guardian spirit following you around because the streetlights blink? It has nothing to do with you it's just how those bulbs work.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have noticed street lights going off and back on when I drove by them. That isn't enough to convince me that I caused it to happen.
My neighbors lights inside their homes go off and on when I am at home. I am fairly certain that I am not causing that to happen either.
If you want to make a believer of me, do this: Provide videotape evidence of yourself walking or driving down ten blocks of lighted streets in the dead of night. If you are causing this, all of the lights should go off when you get near them. If you were to cause half of them to go off, I would be very impressed.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by KAOStheory

You don't need light when it's daylight

It's timer. They also switch on and off when it's dark. Check for yourself. It's just the timing when you're passing by.

They use timers AND light sensors. The sensors come into action when it gets dark early due to thick cloud, or an eclipse etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yikes. There are more nutjobs out there than I expected. The street lights don't flicker or go out for me, but my nuts fall off every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A possible reason for the lights going on/off when you walk past them.
If the light has reduced to the point where the sensor is siting right on the trigger point (think its called the hysterysis level?) then MAYBE, when you walk past you create anough voltage disturbence (conducted via the pole) to cause the sensor to trigger the switching circuit.

Ok, its a strectch, but its possible

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I dont think it can be that easily dismissed, but at the same time I dont think it is any sort of "special power."

In a lot of cases, I think it is similar to when you buy a new car and you start to see the same one everywhere you go. In this, it would be a stronger sense of pattern recognition combined with an active search for that pattern. I think this also applies to "11:11" and all that.

If we only include the streetlights, then its a limited scope. But, in some cases, these things tend to be accompanied by other anomalies. Frequently things like incandescent light bulbs consistently dying within a week or two and the inability to wear battery-powered watches.

It doesnt seem to have anything to do with how "spiritual" one is, or some "special power," or how "powerful," etc. etc. It seems to happen randomly to individuals from walks of all life.

I suspect in these specific occurrences, our actual impact on the environment around us is larger than just our physical body. Even the heat from our body radiates out beyond that boundary, but there might be more going on than just that.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It is a real phenomenon. It occurs because streetlights often malfunction, causing the light to work only intermittently. The phenomenon is created when you are there to witness, possibly over and over, the streetlight malfunctioning, and presume that it has something to do with you.

To prove this, you can do an experiment.

Go watch streetlights for a long time in lots of different places. Then you realize they're doing their own thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join