It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else put out streetlights?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't want to sound crazy here, but even my friends have noticed it. I first noticed it when I was in college in the mid 80's. It's not that I can put them out on command, or that it's my headlights, because it happens while walking also. They never stay out, they start to come back on slowly after a few seconds.

Outside of my bathroom window is a streetlight and I turn that thing off while sitting on the pot at least 3 times a week. My wife uses the same bathroom and said it's never gone out on her. The odds that it would go out about two hundred times for me since we've lived here, Vs zero times for my wife are long.

I've always wondered if others have this happen to them.

Oh, new member, long time lurker.

Interested in ancient civilizations and the unexplained.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

Hi,
Are you sure that you are not just straining a bit to hard and blacking out? I would say more ruffage in your diet!

edit on 4-1-2014 by ukslave because: Spelling

link   

This is a real thing.. I noticed that when i walked past a certain streetlight it would go out, then when i walked away it would come back on.. My wife used to say i have too much energy
but i really dont know.

It maybe the light has very sensitive circuits or something. It only does it with 1 streetlight with me.

link   

Not myself but a one time best friend whom later betrayed my trust for money called Jude would often cause street lights to flicker as we walked past and also could sometimes make a dead digital watch work again, not uri geller and not at command but still odd so you are not alone in that phenomena, I believe if you look it up there are many cases of electrical interference phenomena though to my knowlege it had never been controled unless those guys that stare at goats did it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yes, happened to me aswell.

But here's a question for ya: Why only street lights and never the lights in our house?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Give the search function a try to see how many others over the years have asked the same question you are asking now; just search "streetlights".

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All the time! Since I was a kid.
Off OR on. Sometimes one shuts off as I walk to the corner store, then comes back on when I pass by again coming home.
I' have a few friends this happens to as well, so cool idea to post here about it!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You're not alone. This runs on my mother's side of the family and myself. My mother always explained it away saying our family just has a high energy. My grandmother used to say the same thing as well, probably where she got it from.

I used to just shrug it off, which I still do occasionally, but with brand new street lamps, and having 4 out of 6 go out in a row as you near them, just baffles me.

I once tried thinking it was something like out of the wristcutters movie, where it only happens when it doesn't matter, but, it has never mattered.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

Good question, no idea.

I'm guessing it's the makeup of the bulbs, no sodium vapor or metal halide bulbs in my house.

But my shop fluorescents act up once and a while, and when I replace the ballasts it doesn't fix the flicker.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

All the time since i was a teenager. My friends n girlfriend notice too.

Im sure Ive mentioned it ina few threads before.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I do, and it seems to happen more frequently when I'm feeling excited about something in my life. I'm also a lifelong ET experiencer, but how streetlight effects and ET visits go hand in hand, I'm not sure - possibly something of a signature within my own energy field that is sending out waves or vibrations that have an external effect on lights and maybe attracts ET. Have you had any visits or special sightings?

Here's an article about it: Singing the Body Electric - Human Force Fields and The Streetlight Effect. Unfortunately I am having a tough time making the direct link work, so if anyone knows how, please add it here; otherwise you just need to go to www.inter-intelligence-communications.com and search for the article

edit on 4-1-2014 by Nirvana999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

This happens to me all of the time and other things.

Now the real question is not that is goes out but why does it go out and what for.

Now this is going to sound strange but just go with it.

Ask it a question and if it goes out it's a yes and if it stays on it's a no.

This is a type of communication that is trying to make it self aware to you.

Play with it and have fun you can learn something from it, and may lead to bigger things.

But remember it will only indicate to you, only if it is reflecting the truth, and that is important to remember.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirvana999

No visits.

But I saw a UFO once while up on Camelback mountain in Phoenix in 1989.

I had bought a telescope and we took it up there on a moonless night to try to avoid the city glare. We had been there about an hour and were just having a few beers when we noticed lights that seemed way too low for an airplane. There were 3 that went from bright to dim and when they got about 100 yards away (we were about 2/3rds of the way from the peak) they paused for about ten seconds, pulsed for about 5, then took off very fast. We were pretty freaked out because there was no sound.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

As far as the streetlight thing, its apparently one of the more common "events" that people can experience.

IIRC, there are even quasi-official names for the phenomenon (something like RSI maybe?).

Either way, quite a few people experience it (whatever the cause may be) so you are far from the only one.

Pro ATS tip: Dont worry about sounding crazy here.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yes this happens to me but I just chalked it up to being coincidence. I'm not sure what to think about it. I have pointed it out to friends but never have gave it much thought. I figured that if indeed me "putting out streetlights" is a real phenomenon then someone or entity will eventually tell me why it happens.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've experienced this since I was a kid too. I always imagined that it's due to a "guardian" following me around.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So I am guessing with the number of cameras in phones these days, never mind video recording with a handheld camera or those safety cameras that cyclists record road rage events on there is someone out there with film of this widespread phenomena?

No? Until then I will keep this one in my sceptical/unproven file.

Give us the proof and I will happily acknowledge it and transfer to my conspiracy fact file!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have to say....

This has been happening to me since I was a child.

My entire family jokes about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Happens to me quite a bit.
I've often wondered, if I were to sit and watch a particular streetlight from a distance (IE: one that goes off as I approach), would I see the same thing happening?
Based on the reports here and the frequency at which it occurs, I think it just may be the nature of the streetlights. Mercury Vapor and Low Pressure Sodium lights probably just behave that way, turning off then back on again would be my guess...

ETA: Or not...

But yeah, happens to me quite a bit.
edit on 4-1-2014 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Those of us that this happens to don't generally care what goes in which of your files.
It wasn't OP'd to be proven or debunked. Just to say hey, am I the only one?
And it was answered with a resounding "No, you are not alone", by many.
Mission accomplished long before you showed up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join