It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I believe about contrails?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
You can't say what people call chemtrails is really contrails just because contrails are a known atmospheric phenomena, and it not be a fallacy by association... That's just an ignorant thing to say AM.

I disagree. I think what you are referring to as 'chemtrails' are really the noxious, anal emanations of the All-Mighty as he is quite found of Tex-Mex but his gastro-intestinal tract is not. If you disagree with me that some of those long white things in the sky are not what I claim and only chemtrails then you are committing a logical fallacy. Oh, and to support my point that God is stinking up the sky I submit the fact that he created evil and at that point he is pretty much capable of anything, even if he is not doing it.

See how that works?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Chemical warfare being commenced on the American people by it's own government, who in the past few years has begun to resemble something akin to Nazi Germany.

If I remember correctly in Nazi Germany you could be arrested for talking bad about the Fhurer, and I am pretty sure that doesn't happen if you talk bad about the president today.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What about all of these gun-control freaks? Guns exist for protection, and when the people don't have them to be secure in their life, liberties, and pursuit of happiness, they are going to be very remorse when true criminals run rampant over them, and they must wait on the 'police' who are faulty to an extent, and can only arrive after an event has transpired, rather than preventing it.

You do understand some people just don't care to be around guns.

Unless a police officer is very lucky, or happens to actually see a crime committed they always get to the crime after it happens.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation
So if you can imagine it to be true then it is true?

What fallacy is that?

Appeal to Emotion, specifically, Wishful Thinking – a specific type of appeal to emotion where a decision is made according to what might be pleasing to imagine, rather than according to evidence or reason.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Broken down..

Contrails are white lines in the sky.

Chemtrails are white lines in the sky.

Therefore, all chemtrails must really be contrails = logical fallacy.
edit on 4-1-2014 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

Are these chemtrails different from the ones you believe are colorless?

but personally I believe if chemtrails do exist they are colorless,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you sure you know what you believe? You're being awfully shifty here.

Try deciding what your position is, then maintain it, if you can.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I believe this is a strawman argument. A patent for spraying chemicals in the air and known facts that we are subjected to harmful chemicals on the ground is not an amazing leap of imagination to put those two together; especially when the people involved happen to be easily corrupted by the influence of power and material wealth.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

VeritasAequitas
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Broken down..

Contrails are white lines in the sky.

Chemtrails are white lines in the sky.

Therefore, all chemtrails must really be contrails = logical fallacy.

Are these chemtrails different from the ones you believe are colorless?

but personally I believe if chemtrails do exist they are colorless,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you sure you know what you believe? You're being awfully shifty here.

Try deciding what your position is, then maintain it, if you can.

Obviously you can't understand that I was speaking hypothetically on the argument portrayed in this thread, and not on my actual convictions...

The argument is "Chemtrails are white lines in the sky." vs "White lines in the sky are contrails, ergo chemtrails must be contrails by association of that factor.

Stop attempting to derail me with semantics; why are you guys shifting the argument away from the subject of chemical warfare in favor of this asinine argument or is this your only form of rebuttal for the idea of chemicals being sprayed in the sky?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

DenyObfuscation

What fallacy is that?

Appeal to Emotion, specifically, Wishful Thinking – a specific type of appeal to emotion where a decision is made according to what might be pleasing to imagine, rather than according to evidence or reason.

This is just more asinine thinking... Evidence : A patent exists for aerial dispersal of chemicals. We are currently being administered harmful food additives, and chemicals via the garbage that is intended to represent food these days. Nothing at all prevents the use of that same system to disperse harmful chemicals into the atmosphere, and is not unreasonable to suggest that they have done this based on the evidence above... It is only willful ignorance which is remorse to acknowledge this fact.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Stop attempting to derail me with semantics; why are you guys shifting the argument away from the subject of chemical warfare in favor of this asinine argument or is this your only form of rebuttal for the idea of chemicals being sprayed in the sky?

Nobody is shifting anything away except you.

Again you do understand this is a thread about those lines in the sky and whether chemtrails exist, so why are you going on about chemical warfare, because I am pretty sure we have a forum for that.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Evidence : A patent exists for aerial dispersal of chemicals.

A patent exists for a bird diaper, but how many birds do you see with one on?

www.delphion.com...

So a patent is not proof things are being used.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

Chemical warfare being commenced on the American people by it's own government, who in the past few years has begun to resemble something akin to Nazi Germany.

If I remember correctly in Nazi Germany you could be arrested for talking bad about the Fhurer, and I am pretty sure that doesn't happen if you talk bad about the president today.

Reading comprehension is key, I said it has begun to resemble something akin to Nazi Germany; that doesn't quite equate to saying Obama is the reincarnation of Hitler. But yes I suppose your head is in the sand if you haven't heard about all of the scandals surrounding his presidencies, and the continued erosion of our civil liberties; but this is all beside the point, and only derails this thread further.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

Evidence : A patent exists for aerial dispersal of chemicals.

A patent exists for a bird diaper, but how many birds do you see with one on?

www.delphion.com...

So a patent is not proof things are being used.

Patent US3712219

Patent US7413145

Where is your proof that it isn't being used? That is a rather terrible rationalization and dismissal in my opinion..

CIA Front - Intermountain Aviation

Intermountain Airlines, also known as Intermountain Aviation and Intermountain Airways, was a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) airline front company. Intermountain performed covert operations for the CIA in Southeast Asia and elsewhere during the Vietnam War era.
Intermountain's main base of operations was Marana Army Air Field near Tucson, Arizona. In 1975 it was acquired by Evergreen International Aviation, a company that has acknowledged connections with the CIA. Other CIA "proprietary" airlines such as Air America and Air Asia also operated out of Marana during the Vietnam War years.

And the CIA has never done anything at all that was to be considered morally bankrupt, evil, or corrupt; yeah okay guys... Feel free to keep drinking the kool-aid.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas

Oh but it is relevant considering you believe all chemtrails to be contrails, and can't possibly imagine a scenario of them spraying chemicals in the sky

Why do believers always leap to this false assumption? Especially that it has already been addressed earlier in the thread?

I wonder if telling themselves that debunkers can't possibly see how such a thing might happen makes it easier to avoid actually thinking about what they are claiming? What believers are missing is that this scenario is one we can easily conceive of, and there is STILL nothing that suggests it is happening.

Once more I post a lengthy reponse, as requested, only for it to be ignored as a believer goes off on a sideshow rant to deflect the discussion away from the hard questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I'm sorry if in between the other 3-4 aggressive posters I am missing your asinine games of semantics, I am after all only one person sitting on the other side of a computer screen; not the NSA meta-data analysis center...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Reading comprehension is key, I said it has begun to resemble something akin to Nazi Germany; that doesn't quite equate to saying Obama is the reincarnation of Hitler.

And I never said Obama was the reincarnate of Hitler.

But yes I suppose your head is in the sand if you haven't heard about all of the scandals surrounding his presidencies, and the continued erosion of our civil liberties; but this is all beside the point, and only derails this thread further.

And who hasn't heard about the president's scandals, as scandals are the norm in the presidency.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

And I never said Obama was the reincarnate of Hitler.

Understanding of symbolism goes a long way. Then again, unauthorized drone strikes on American citizens without due process could be likened to the civilian assassinations of Nazi Germany..

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So it's an 'asinine game of semantics', but you haven't actually read it because you missed it. Classy.

Just another believer with a high and mighty self perception, yet who is strangely unable to answer a direct question.

I'm sure there are honest believers capable of discussing things in a direct and rational manner out there (other than smurfy, who is one) so I will just keep trying.

BTW you posted a picture of evergreens 747 water bomber. Another chemtrail promotion lie, sorry the fact that the photo is not what is claimed is an "asinine semantic" isn't it.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

BTW you posted a picture of evergreens 747 water bomber. Another chemtrail promotion lie, sorry the fact that the photo is not what is claimed is an "asinine semantic" isn't it.

Read the actual patent which I linked and is the same patent printed on the tank.

It can easily be used for other more nefarious purposes, not to mention that it was filed by Evergreen Air, which is undeniably a front for the CIA. Funny how inconvenient that little fact is, because any reasonable person would see that it blows a hole straight through your own theory.

Now however, if you are feeling left out and not special, then what exactly were your questions you wanted me to answer, and I will do my best to reply to you like I have the rest of the jackals that have circled me in synch.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
reply to post by waynos

Read the actual patent which I linked and is the same patent printed on the tank.

It can easily be used for other more nefarious purposes.

Of course it can, as can any other spray capable aircraft of which there are many.
But it requires one to put the cart before the horse for it to be the proof you seem to think it is, you have a stance of poisons exist, the government is crooked, therefore they are being sprayed from the skies. That is truly asinine.

If you were able to strip chemtrail conspiracy theory back to its origins and roots, which lay in a general bafflement as to why thick spreading trails from aircraft covered the sky, you can actually see each layer of the hoax being laid one upon the other until you end with people like you good self. So overwhelmed by all the speculation and suspicion that, like the emporers new clothes, you have forgotten that their isn't actually anything there at all.

Now however, if you are feeling left out and not special, then what exactly were your questions you wanted me to answer, and I will do my best to reply to you like I have the rest of the jackals that have circled me in synch.

Given the arrogance you have displayed and the vacuousness of your other replies there's no need, Ta.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Of course it can, as can any other spray capable aircraft of which there are many.
But it requires one to put the cart before the horse for it to be the proof you seem to think it is, you have a stance of poisons exist, the government is crooked, therefore they are being sprayed from the skies. That is truly asinine.

The only asinine thing I can see in this stance is that because you don't have prima facie for the specific conspiracy it is by default false, even though analogous incidents can be proven true...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join