It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I believe about contrails?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

To answer this question, lets first identify what a contrail is. A contrail is the condensation trail that is left behind by a passing jet plane. Contrails form when hot humid air from jet exhaust mixes with environmental air of low vapor pressure and low temperature. Vapor pressure is just a fancy term for the amount of pressure that is exerted by water vapor itself (as opposed to atmospheric, or barometric, pressure which is due to the weight of the entire atmosphere above you). The mixing occurs directly behind the plane due to the turbulence generated by the engine. If condensation (conversion from a gas to a liquid) occurs, then a contrail becomes visible. Since air temperatures at these high atmospheric levels are very cold (generally colder than -40 F), only a small amount of liquid is necessary for condensation to occur. Water is a normal byproduct of combustion in engines.

Link to source

So the big question is....... can I trust this information? Is it true? It sure does go along with everything I have learned through science.

If it's not true, why? If it is true..... then how can chemtrails even be considered?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This photo is a great example of a time "prior" to chemtrail claims. It depict contrails forming on WWII bombers at very high altitude (where it is colder) but not at lower altitudes (where it is a bit warmer). In this period photo, only the high latitude planes have contrails forming, because it is only at that altitude that has the conditions required for them to form at all. Add atop that the engines in these planes are spewing more pollution into the atmosphere than modern day more efficient engines.

WWII bombers forming contrails

So how is this explained in the chemtrail circle?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

So how is this explained in the chemtrail circle?

And that my friend is the million dollar question that no chemtrail believer can answer.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I was going to write a big long rant about how stupid people are concerning whatever is being sprayed in the skies over our planet, but I will just say that I DON"T trust any Government Agency study anymore, I think there's some sinister stuff going on in our Government.

Read this:
( The National Weather Service is a component of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
(NOAA is an Operating Unit of the U.S. Department of Commerce).

I will say one last thing about this, Weather Modification, nice even temps wanna make you go outside and spend money, it should be very cold and rainy right now in Los Angeles, but instead we have the skies being sprayed.

Don't look at some study for your answers, notice the weather, smell the air, what do you taste in your mouth, and so on.

PAY ATTENTION, PLEASE

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

So rather than understand the science, I am supposed to just "look up"?

why am I not surprised.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

FutureThinker
I will say one last thing about this, Weather Modification, nice even temps wanna make you go outside and spend money, it should be very cold and rainy right now in Los Angeles, but instead we have the skies being sprayed.

Personally I would not complain if it were warm and sunny here, we just got a foot of snow. Maybe you can send the planes our way.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Let's use your little term here shall we...

PAY ATTENTION PLEASE..

Weather modification does not equal chemtrails.

In fact call up or email the company that does it and ask them about what they do and I guarantee they don't do it at 35000 ft and they do not use large commercial jets to do it.

BTW weather modification is also called cloud seeding and it is done by this company in the states.

www.weathermodification.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

What should I believe about contrails?

Without beating around the bush, I fully believe that the whole chemtrail conspiracy is nuts.

-network dude. 8/21/13

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What should we believe about you trolling chemmies?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

FutureThinker

I was going to write a big long rant about how stupid people are concerning whatever is being sprayed in the skies over our planet, but I will just say that I DON"T trust any Government Agency study anymore, I think there's some sinister stuff going on in our Government.

But that's not right. Why do people always assume that people disbelieve in chemtrails because they trust the govt has their best interest at heart. I am an ex miner in the UK, my industry was destroyed and the police used as storm troops against my community by the Tory witch and her cabinet. I know first hand about government betrayal. (Have you seen the papers released this week under the 30 year rule? Scargill was right all along, but I digress) so now you know my position, I am telling you that I don't believe in chemtrails (as an ongoing operation) .

The various chem sites say that trails lasting more than a few minutes "can't possibly be contrails". I know this is false, so I ask why the chem pusher is lying to me?

I know what the photographed chem planes they depict really are, so I ask why the chem pusher is lying to me?

I know that it is a normal feature of commercial aviation to fly in grid patterns across the worlds air routes, so I ask why the chem pusher claiming it is a sure sign of chemtrailing is lying to me?

Indeed with every piece of supporting evidence ever presented to me in support of chemtrails I have examined it and ended asking why the chem pusher was lying to me? And when I ask directly on here those questions go ignored and unanswered.

What would you think? It sounds like you believe without ever asking. Why are the chemtrail sites lies more acceptable to you then the governments?

edit on 4-1-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know what to believe either so I am not biased in any way but I do have a question for those who do not believe in chemtrails. Though it isn't happening, could it happen? Could commercial or private airlines spray things above.

I have read that commercial airliners can be named part for part and it's not feasable for one reason or another that I forget but what above privately contracted airliners?

Genuine questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Could it happen? Yes, absolutely. But the logistics behind it are insane when you start to look at it. The required number of aircraft is massive to cover any kind of large area. Not to mention the volume that an aircraft could carry limiting the amount sprayed.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Do you honestly need somebody to explain why lines in the sky are actually chemicals being sprayed in order to know that we are being bombarded with chemical warfare on a daily basis?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Interesting link but just to address the thread title contrails do not require my belief. Chemtrails however....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

The technology currently exists for planes to spray chemicals into the air, and a patent currently exists, and is in use to put out forest fires, etc; the real question is what prevents involved parties from using the same patent and machine to spray other chemicals into the air?

Not to mention that the assertion that because contrails are legitimate, must mean all chemtrails are just contrails is highly faulty logic.
edit on 4-1-2014 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Taggart
I don't know what to believe either so I am not biased in any way but I do have a question for those who do not believe in chemtrails. Though it isn't happening, could it happen? Could commercial or private airlines spray things above.

I have read that commercial airliners can be named part for part and it's not feasable for one reason or another that I forget but what above privately contracted airliners?

Genuine questions.

If you mean aerial spraying, well yes, it absolutely could happen. Looking at it logically, spraying something into the air seven miles up only makes sense if you want whatever you are spraying to stay up there. You cannot target a spray from that distance or get any meaningful amount into a given location, but you could technically do it.

If it was to be done though it would have to be done with dedicated aircraft. The idea of using a plane loaded with passengers, luggage and fuel as a sprayer plane as some sort of sideline is just too ludicrous to contemplate.

This is actually why I come across as so frustrated in these threads because, If a spraying operation began, all the "chemmies" would miss it completely because they'd be too busy looking at airliners and pointing at contrails

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We have cattails in the swamp close by. I know they exist. Our cats each have one.

This may be the safest post I ever made about contrails.

Contrails could also mean the path that a con takes. A job working in wall street.
edit on 4-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

Do you honestly need somebody to explain why lines in the sky are actually chemicals being sprayed in order to know that we are being bombarded with chemical warfare on a daily basis?

I would be endlessly fascinated for you to explain why a trail is actually a chemical trail and not a contrail.

Amaze me.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

And you have proof besides patents, and the usual "contrails can't last longer than a few minutes"?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Shh, spoilers!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You should all look up zinc cadmium sulfide..... It has been proven with FOIA that the army and airforce conducted test on several us cities in the 50s. Some by sprayers on buildings others by planes...

Conviniently the housing that was sprayed the most in St Louis was torn down before anyone could do any tests.

The subsequent tests done werent conclusive enough to say there was any danger to the people. But that does not change the fact: chem spraying did go on back then without a shred of doubt.

So... Does it still go on today?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join