It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting with (good) VIDEO over Virginia January 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thunda

Who said anything about 'grey aliens'? Ive never once said anything about aliens or UFO's- all Ive said is there is not enough information in the film to say definitively what we are looking at.

But again, for it to be Chinese lanterns, we have to accept that they are either being partially obscured by something or they are some type of 'self igniting' lantern. Quite a leap.........

Again you seem to ignore the simple fact it was a camera phone video in the dark not the best equipment for a video of dots of light in the distance!
edit on 5-1-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This "wonderful" video was not quite as wonderful as I expected. But those kids are some great independent thinkers and impressed me even more. Good job mom and dad!

edit on 5-1-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So, when it does go out for that second or half a second at what ever height with heightened wind speed gusting in considering the higher you go, there be more wind.

How does come it back on?
edit on 6-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The same lights where floating around here in Northern California new years eve we saw them. They are not lanterns. They move, stop, disappear, and then reappear. Went on for about an hour here. Their was about 12-15 lights in all that passed by, moving south. I had a video but it didn't come out to good it was too dark.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Specimen
So, when it does go out for that second or half a second at what ever height with heightened wind speed gusting in considering the higher you go, there be more wind.

How does come it back on?

You cant assume what the wind speed or direction is at any altitude, when I left my house just after midnight to go to a friends house (in the UK) one flew past my wife and son said what was that as it flew towards us I said a lantern, they said it wasn't due to the fact we had NO wind at ground level yet if flew almost directly over us and was obviously a lantern.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yea, Yea. What u saw was chinese lantern. Big whoop. I was just making myself sound smart with the wind and atilude(however u spell) it since Im an apparent expert on nature.

However, a lantern light flicker out a for solid second, and I mean the light is out for a solid second. How does it come back on. I don't mean the candle flame going left or right while it still burning, I mean out.

I mean poof...extinguished.

Just one second...just one.

Flickering still has light, just at different intensities. But Lights out, is Lights out.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

if you read the posts we don't know for certain what was in the field of view of the camera phone that's why I said a daylight video from same spot would give us a better idea!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
We are not told in what direction they were spotted. We are not told what their elevation was. We are not told how long they were observed. We are not told where they were first spotted and where they disappeared. We are shown only a very brief, edited video. (We are shown the man who took the video viewing it on his computer, where he is presumably editing it.) This "sighting" is impossible to analyze properly. New Year's day was a slow news day in Virginia, it seems.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by Awolscout

Chinese lanterns can be set off by anyone and in fact seem to be growing trend across the country. That said while Ashburn may be predominately white (I think. I only ever venture to Ashburn to go to Lost Rhino) it is just a few minutes from Sterling which does have an Asian population.

I love that place it's fantastic. Also that is true but the way the weather was around then there's no way a chinese lantern would've made that trip to the part of Ashburn he's talking to without going out. Even then I lived around here pretty much my whole life and I've never seen them used, I do notice indian celebrations extremely frequently though, but I don't see why this would be any different from the failure to spot a single chinese lantern any other time.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I'm not so much into analysis of data or behind the scene circumstances. Although, I still wonder how a candle and bag over it can get it self in such heights at times. Plus, I'm in the Greater Toronto Area, so I think we have a much larger oriental population then the U.K does. Well not so much in my general area, but I still see some large groups every now and then.

I ain't ever seen one orange lantern in the sky at all, and I look up a lot. I've seen something that blue a lot times, and no one ever notices. Plus I don't say anything to anyone near me, I just look. And yet no matter how long I stare, they don't look up.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Specimen

I'm not so much into analysis of data or behind the scene circumstances. Although, I still wonder how a candle and bag over it can get it self in such heights at times.

This shows you how.

Plus, I'm in the Greater Toronto Area, so I think we have a much larger oriental population then the U.K does. Well not so much in my general area, but I still see some large groups every now and then.

....and AGAIN Chinese Lanterns at this point are like fireworks. Just as you don't have to be Chinese or Asian (who still uses the word "oriental"?) to light off fireworks you don't have to be to send up Chinese Lanterns.

They are often sold from the same outlets.

Like many things in America it's a tradition (lighting Chinese lanterns and sending them aloft on New Years Eve, birthdays, weddings, etc) that has been adopted by many non-Chinese, non-Asian people.

Like yoga.

edit on 6-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

I've seen plenty of Chinese/Ghost lanterns videos on other Ufo videos.

Btw, did it flicker out for a solid second. I mean a lighter can be seen from a mile a way in absolute darkness.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
"and they may not be alone with their sighting..."

because chinese lanterns exist the world over. But it's ok to be excited irrationally when you see them

At least it will help you identify the real deal.

As in this video - you always see these in 3, with one and then two elsewhere. Presumably, chinese lanterns are sold in packs of 3's or everyone goes out and buys 3.

And then they fumble with the first one and celebrate that they got it in the air and watch it, and then go ahead and light the other two in quick succession now that they know how to do it, hence we always see one further out and then two near each other.

And because they stood and watched their first lantern take off before carrying on with the other two, that brief pause forms a triangular shape from a distance and a bunch of people think they're seeing an alien craft.

My point is, there are too many human factors visible in that video and many others, and never any mysterious factors other than the light is aloft and it's moving slowly. Which isn't what even the worst of legitimate sightings do.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You, know I would of gone with a quad copter or CGI the next time a supposed orange ufo is video taped. Cause a blanket and a candle appearing out of thin air going to get rather redundant.

O I will pity your logic if you ever see one do something other then floating...Slowly.

Whatever, Chinese lanterns it is. Then don't complain about wanting to see UFO. Especially those ghosts.

Hopefully, I won't allow my self to comment on reappearing blankets with candles. Cause this is more tedious and redundant, more so then my work placement.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by MissBeck

Yep. We have:
  • New years eve celebrations.
  • Lights lined up coming from the ground.
  • Bright orange in color.
  • The lights blinked out.

Chinese lanters.

Come on, we all know they're Venusian inter-dimensional shape-shifting reptilians in their plasma-orb ships! TPTB just don't want us to know that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join