UFO sighting with (good) VIDEO over Virginia January 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
... and, even covered by the local news:

Do we have a UFO 2014 collection thread of any kind going, already?
(Maybe u should te-title, and this could be the start(?))

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Seems one big triangular craft (with the shifting lights at a point it even looks pyramidal). Without the footage of it going off atmosphere there is nothing phenomenal to see...
edit on 4-1-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

They reminded me of Chinese lanterns. Especially on New Years Eve. Weren't moving very fast. Hope he finds out what they were, and if anyone else witnessed them.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

Chinese lanterns don't completely go out and than light themselves up again. Chinese lanterns can easily be mistaken for UFO\s and considering the New Years celebration it's a possibility. Having said that, a flickering of the flame from air current can seem to look like the lantern has gone out. I would be curious how long the light stayed off. If It was more than a few seconds, I would rule out Chinese lanterns.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

Yep. We have:
  • New years eve celebrations.
  • Lights lined up coming from the ground.
  • Bright orange in color.
  • The lights blinked out.

Chinese lanters.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ahhh Ashburn. I went to high school in Ashburn it's pretty much my neck of the woods. Yes it is right next to Dulles so we do have a fair share of thing's that look like possible UFO's but they just turn out to be planes. However the direction that he was describing was not the standard landing pattern for the airport nor do they ever idle at that altitude at Dulles. Of course the weather could have been a factor. But 99.9% of the time you're going to see them heading into Dulles on a pretty much straight line no matter what the incoming direction is.

This also happens to look vaguely like something that me and my fiance had seen about three or four months ago. With three lights sort of swirling around each other accelerating and decelerating and then jumping from one side of Rt. 7 to other and back for a couple of miles. Never did find out if anyone else had seen that one but it was a pretty busy night so I'm sure someone did.

Also chinese lanterns are illegal in this area so chances are it wasn't that. Just an fyi.

edit on 4-1-2014 by Awolscout because: grammar yo
edit on 4-1-2014 by Awolscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If they:
- look like Chinese lanterns
- behave like Chinese lanterns
- are grouped like Chinese lanterns.
- let off on a night of celebration.

The chances are they are Chinese lanterns.

edit on 4-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I don't see how anyone can be defending Chinese lanterns in this case, there is a obvious formation always present even when the lights blink, and then there is the tale of the dude, Chinese lanterns tend to float of be cast way by the wind (as nay hot air balloon) they don't suddenly climb columns of air in tandem (the fragmentation would make its nature obvious).

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I don't see how anyone can be defending Chinese lanterns in this case, there is a obvious formation always present even when the lights blink, and then there is the tale of the dude, Chinese lanterns tend to float of be cast way by the wind (as nay hot air balloon) they don't suddenly climb columns of air in tandem (the fragmentation would make its nature obvious).

This is why people are defending the chinese lantern theory...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
If they:

Yup, that would all be true.

BUT, since they:
- don't look anything like Chinese lanterns
- don't behave anything like Chinese lanterns (in their movements, or alignments)
- don't group or arrange themselves anything like Chinese lanterns
(randomly, not holding spacing, or moving in perfect line with each other)
- MAY have happened to coincidentally shown up on a night of celebration, I'll give you (but, then again, a great time to 'observe' people, wouldn't you agree?)

There is NO chance these are Chinese lanterns.

Pull your head out.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

BUT, since they:
- don't behave anything like Chinese lanterns (in their movements, or alignments)
- MAY have happened to coincidentally shown up on a night of celebration, I'll give you (but, then again, a great time to 'observe' people, wouldn't you agree?)

Pull your head out.

Then how do explain the video I posted above your last reply?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Would love to believe they are UFOs, but in recent past videos posted on ATS, time and time again were proven to be those damn Chinese lanterns. All videos like this one could have ended with proper UFO identification, but so like many times they were debunked later on as Chinese lanterns.

To this video, er go, Chinese lanterns. Nice find though

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The Phoenix lights looked like flares, but when the videos were aanalyzed in the lab, the light signature was nothing close to flares.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

Fireworks are also illegal and yet I heard plenty of them going off on NYE. Just because it may be illegal won't stop people from celebrating.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

SquirrelNutz

PhoenixOD
If they:

Yup, that would all be true.

BUT, since they:

Pull your head out.

Well since they DO your wrong!
Want to explain why you think they don't look like lanterns?

Oh and your standard for a good video is quite low!
edit on 4-1-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
-
edit on 1/4/2014 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by Awolscout

Fireworks are also illegal and yet I heard plenty of them going off on NYE. Just because it may be illegal won't stop people from celebrating.

Fireworks are an entirely different story than a celebration for an almost non-existant community in the general area.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ok- to all the Chinese lantern enthusiasts, here is the one undeniable reason why these are not Chinese lanterns.

Chinese lanterns are lit on the ground, are then visible for a few minutes, then go out. You can usually see them in a line, coming up from the ground as they are lit and released.

They never, ever, just 'appear' in the sky, and they certainly never go out, then re-appear, as this video clearly shows. Doesnt matter how much you want them to be Chinese lanterns, and that it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to have an instant, easy knee jerk de-bunk, the evidence does not support it.

"B-but, it was New Years Eve!"- doesnt matter- that cant make alleged Chinese lanterns ignite themselves once airborne.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wonder how often the authorities go after UFO's. Like this UFO for example, if one of the observers would call the local police, and they see it too, aren't they going to do anything?

Are they like ''Yes sir, it's an UFO, but we aren't going to do anything about it, have a nice day''? Do the authorities not care about UFO's? Is it too expensive to go after it? Is it too dangerous? Is it none of their business? Are they only going after it if it's a threat? I'd be way too curious to not go after one.

I know there are tons of cases where the authorities did go after the UFO's, but that's only 1% of all the total observations.

So many questions, and all in all I come to this question: How do the authorities deal with UFO's and why in that specific way?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Chinese lanterns are lit on the ground, are then visible for a few minutes, then go out. You can usually see them in a line, coming up from the ground as they are lit and released.

And please look at the video I posted where in the first 2 minutes the lanterns make a triangular shape then move into a straight line, and btw you can see them the whole time as they do stay lit.

They never, ever, just 'appear' in the sky, and they certainly never go out, then re-appear, as this video clearly shows. Doesnt matter how much you want them to be Chinese lanterns, and that it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to have an instant, easy knee jerk de-bunk, the evidence does not support it.

And where in the OP video does it show they just appeared?

They just appeared to the man in the video which in no way proves they aren't chinese lanterns, it only proves he just saw them before he recorded them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join