It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Success for the Chemtrail program?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Many of us have noticed that so called "contrails" have behaved differently over the past decade and a half or so than they did in the decades past. That has led us to logically come to the conclusion that unless the laws of physics or chemistry have changed, the composition of the "contrails" have changed, leading us to call them chemtrails.

Now we have seen thousands of threads arguing the scientific and observational basis for chemtrails, and just as many responses against saying that they have always been this way and are just regular "contrails".

In this thread I'm politely asking, by no means insisting, that if you do not agree with the chemtrail claims at least treat the subject of the title in the OP as hypothetical, for I think it is an interesting question, and I would like to focus on that; however some in the chemtrail/contrail debate use distraction as way to ruin an interesting thread, some members have the term "thread killer" in their signature and thus their goal in a thread response isn't very subtle. Let's just discuss the subject of the OP in either real or hypothetical terms, and leave the other "debates" for other threads. Thanks.

Anyway, we are just two weeks into the winter of 2013/14, and many of us are experiencing the coldest winter in a decade, or decades, or for some areas it is the coldest winter ever.

However, just one and a half years ago, we experienced the WARMEST summer ever, actually it was the warmest year on record, according to NOAA.

According to NOAA scientists, the average temperature for the contiguous U.S. for 2012 was 55.3°F, which was 3.2°F above the 20th century average and 1.0°F above the previous record from 1998.

Link

Now many have us have noticed an increase in spreading, persistent chemtrails/contrails over the past 2 years.

So it seemed like the earth had been warming up for several decades (but I don't believe this is solely due to man-made causes, lets skip also that debate for another thread), and the chemtrail program was done subtly to try to abate the warming. However, it wasn't working as evidenced by the warmest year on record in 2012, so they had to throw caution to the wind, and since the greater mass of people hadn't noticed or thought about how contrails had changed over the years, decided to go all out with the program, since the media is controlled and 99% percent of scientists could be controlled (they have mortgages, families).

The theory is, and I know most of you have heard this, is that if the earth warms up too much, melting fresh water from the north and south pole ice caps would disturb the flow of the ocean currents enough to slow or stop the flow of the Gulf stream which would radically cool Europe, which could set-off a global chain reaction of cooling leading to the next Ice Age. We know from geological history that it doesn't take much and for the last several millions years or longer our planet has spent much more time in Ice Ages than we have in warming periods as we are now in.

What are the signs of slowed Gulf Stream weather? Much cooler and unstable weather in Europe. This has been happening for several years now, many standard deviations off the mean.

Some will say about going from record warmth to record cold - well, deviations and outliers happen and that is why we use averages. Sure, I have studied statistics, but I also realize weather is related and connected and to go from record warmth to record cold in just 18 months does not seem likely due to randomness. In my opinion it is due to an surge in the chemtrail program.

So it seems like the chemtrail program has brought down global temperatures, but is it too late for the Northern Hemisphere? Is it possible for this program to backfire and bring down temperatures so much that it ushers in a New Ice Age anyway? That is why I feel the public should be aware of this program and its temperature as well as contaminant risks (metal and other particles in the atmosphere).

In terms of truth, we know about nuclear weapons which could blow up the planet, and we have lived with that knowledge and the associated fears for decades, what truths could be worse than that?

edit on 4-1-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

There is no logic in chemtrails and the argument should end right there. Logically that is ...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Anyway, we are just two weeks into the winter of 2013/14, and many of us are experiencing the coldest winter in a decade, or decades, or for some areas it is the coldest winter ever.

However, just one and a half years ago, we experienced the WARMEST summer ever, actually it was the warmest year on record, according to NOAA.

So which is it? Are "chemtrails" supposed to be making things warmer or cooler?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Before you start, there is a need to determine what is in, and what happens in a jet exhaust. Nobody on either side of this kind of debate seems to want to really go into it. You will get stock answers, that does not mean they are accurate.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

There is no scientific basis for chemtrails and the argument should end right there.
What are we ? Crops being dusted ?

WHY WOULD THE GOVERNMENT DO IT?
Don't they need constituents ? Who would bite the hand that feeds them ?
They couldn't sustain things without the people who pay taxes. Oh and in case you forget they are us. The jobs in Washington are temporary positions that get new people doing them on a regular periodic schedule. Then those who used to be in power turn that position over to the next guy and go back to being citizens. If there was a secret agenda wouldn't they then reveal it when they are in the position of becoming one of its victims ?
And lastly don't they breath? I'll believe this when I see the government all wearing gas masks .

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

DJW001

I guess you didn't read the entire post.

The chemtrail program, in effect for the past 10-15 years or so, was done subtly so as not to arouse suspicions in the public, but it was done too subtly and wasn't working as evidenced by the warmest year in 2012.

Thus, as I mentioned in my OP, the program was ramped up in response to the warmest year in 2012, spreading, persistent chemtrails have been much more noticeable over the past 18 months, especially in the three months before and following the summer solstice when you would expect chemtrail activity to the be the heaviest in the Northern Hemisphere to block the sun's rays when they were the strongest.

So now it is finally working, but much more noticeable.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

PlanetXisHERE

DJW001

The chemtrail program, in effect for the past 10-15 years or so, was done subtly so as not to arouse suspicions in the public, but it was done too subtly and wasn't working as evidenced by the warmest year in 2012.

Thus, as I mentioned in my OP, the program was ramped up in response to the warmest year in 2012, spreading, persistent chemtrails have been much more noticeable over the past 18 months, especially in the three months before and following the summer solstice when you would expect chemtrail activity to the be the heaviest in the Northern Hemisphere to block the sun's rays when they were the strongest.

So by "ramping up in response to the warmest year," I conclude that you believe that the purpose of "chemtrails" is to cool the planet. Why does the planet keep getting warmer, then, with 2012 being the warmest year yet? Why did twenty years of "chemtrailing" have the opposite effect to that you propose?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

In this thread I'm politely asking, by no means insisting, that if you do not agree with the chemtrail claims at least treat the subject of the title in the OP as hypothetical, for I think it is an interesting question, and I would like to focus on that; however some in the chemtrail/contrail debate use distraction as way to ruin an interesting thread, some members have the term "thread killer" in their signature and thus their goal in a thread response isn't very subtle. Let's just discuss the subject of the OP in either real or hypothetical terms, and leave the other "debates" for other threads. Thanks.

So you are asking for hypothetical replies and nothing truthful is that what I am seeing here?

Well then I will address your OP and ask what success are you talking about, because for there to be a success there has to be a reason for them, and as of yet nobody on the chemtrail believer side of this debate can actually tell us what that is so how can they be successful?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

PLAYERONE01
In all honesty man, I watched one "big gun" take more hits on here the other night and he just kept walking the topic in circles till his mod friends showed up to rescue him, must have put the bat light up or an EPERB or something.
The thing is, with this topic in particular as well as some others it is just a no go zone and you will get stonewalled, even if you had something solid to put forward the agenda will smother it.

Thanks for your sentiments.........it seems like you are empathizing with me and I appreciate that, but I try to come at this from a place of no ego (but I'm not perfect and sometimes fail), thus personal attacks and the more common attempts at emotional and ego engagement are amusing but don't really bother me.

However, I know one thing for sure; if some or many "contrails" are actually chemtrails, if NO ONE makes the attempt the TRUTH will certainly stay hidden. At least I will be able to live with the knowledge I tried.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Before you start, there is a need to determine what is in, and what happens in a jet exhaust. Nobody on either side of this kind of debate seems to want to really go into it. You will get stock answers, that does not mean they are accurate.

Really?

www.faa.gov...

So what type of answer are you looking for, because it is widely known what comes out of the exhaust of a jet engine.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I am challenging you here and now to explain why they would do this. No, don't try to attach proof that they are . Tell me in your own words why they would. If you can provide a logical reason why anyone would execute a plan to destroy the planet or its citizens then we can move on to your proof that they are doing it but first there has to be a reason. A logical reason.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

smurfy

We know that aircraft exhaust mostly contains carbon dioxide and water. The is the inevitable result of the fuel being mixed with oxygen. The water vapor condenses into a white cloud. If this did not happen, physical laws would be broken.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

DJW001

PlanetXisHERE

DJW001

So by "ramping up in response to the warmest year," I conclude that you believe that the purpose of "chemtrails" is to cool the planet. Why does the planet keep getting warmer, then, with 2012 being the warmest year yet? Why did twenty years of "chemtrailing" have the opposite effect to that you propose?

A very good and reasonable question.

Like I said, the chemtrail program was done subtly, done so that it would be less likely that the public would notice, so that they wouldn't question the chemtrails in and of themselves, and wouldn't question the need for doing chemtrails in the first place.

However, it was done too subtly, and didn't have the intended effect of abating the warming of the Planet, a common phenomenon, something is done yet not done enough and the desired outcome does not occur, something we have seen thousands of times in our lives in many situations.

Panic ensued in 2012 with the realization the chemtrail program was not having the desired effect, and the program ramped up with much more chemtrail activity than there was prior to 2012, and it now finally seems to be having the desired effect.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Panic ensued in 2012 with the realization the chemtrail program was not having the desired effect, and the program ramped up with much more chemtrail activity than there was prior to 2012, and it now finally seems to be having the desired effect.

But since the principle by-product of combustion is carbon dioxide, wouldn't that tend to increase the greenhouse effect, leading to higher temperatures?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It doesn't mean the stock answers are not accurate. Those stock answers as you refer to them are in fact based on scientific knowledge and should be given the weight of years of study. Of course there is the element of "I want to believe" .

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

So if it (chemtrails) were being done so subtly then why is it you have people such as Scott Stephens, Michael Murphy and the likes of them making such a stink about them for the last decade?

If you were being subtle about this then why make it so obvious?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

And what exactly is that desired effect that you think they are having?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Which suggests that part of the reason that people have been noticing more contrails since the late 1990s is partly due to the introduction of more efficient high-bypass engines with "cooler and wetter" exhaust, which is more likely to produce contrails, as the exhaust is more likely to freeze before it's fully mixed in the ambient air.

The video is nicely done, and in large part it follows the classic paper on the subject

Even thought this completely answers your question in the OP, please feel free to ignore it in favor of your wish that chemtrails were real. Have a super day.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

tsurfer2000h

So you are asking for hypothetical replies and nothing truthful is that what I am seeing here?

Well then I will address your OP and ask what success are you talking about, because for there to be a success there has to be a reason for them, and as of yet nobody on the chemtrail believer side of this debate can actually tell us what that is so how can they be successful?

So you are saying that it is strange for a person to ask a hypothetical question? Such as......."If God did exist"......or........."if Aliens exist"..............or "If I won the lottery"..........

People deal in hypothetical situations everyday and the ability to have an interesting discussion about hypotheticals is not predicated by people's beliefs about them.

Your premise logically boils down to it is impossible to have a conversation about something unless the truth is known, and if that were the case people would not be able to discuss such things as history, science ...........kind of ridiculous thus what would be termed as a "fallacy".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join